Linkat

Reply Tue 29 Apr, 2014 08:26 am
@Ragman,
ok you can have the donut
0 Replies

Walter Hinteler

Reply Tue 29 Apr, 2014 08:51 am
@George,
Got used it that since ten years (paid by the health from 55 onwards) ...
0 Replies

Roberta

Reply Tue 29 Apr, 2014 03:32 pm
@dlowan,
dale, I have no grandkids. Enjoy yours. I always have a list of my meds with me. It gets longer and longer.

Ragman, Believing what you want about yourself isn't a delusion. It's an illusion. And a good one. I never had fears about health problems. They just arrived.

Trollpatrol, I have no idea what people playing online games are talking about. Are they insulting me? What's pwn?

Hey, Frank. The mirrors aren't lying. Who do you think you are? Snow White? Mirror, mirror on the wall, . . .

Foofie, Ten years ago, I wouldn't have said, "I'm not going out in that." Now I do.

Romeo, I didn't have to get older to realize that people don't know what they're talking about. I think I was about three when I figured this out. Grown-ups. What a bunch of joiks.

edgar, There are still a few people older than me. I treat them with respect. Everybody else? Feh.

chai, You're happy? Outstanding. I don't think there are age requirements for this.

bobsal, Part of what deal? I didn't make any deals.

Linkat, Hey, down in front! Sure, a free donut in a place that's too far for me to walk to. What a racket.

George, I think a day off is always good. The colonoscopy, not so much. I think the upside and downside balance out. Just side.

Deb, More off is good. Something else will surely come along that has an upside. Keep us posted.
dalehileman

Reply Tue 29 Apr, 2014 04:13 pm
@Roberta,
Quote:
dale, I have no grandkids.
Hang in there, Rob

Quote:
Enjoy yours.
Indeed

Quote:
I always have a list of my meds with me. It gets longer and longer.
Mine too. Go to the heart doctor and he prescribes something for your heart; kidney, then kidney; GP, hypertension and cholesterol etc ad infinitum
0 Replies

jcboy

Reply Tue 29 Apr, 2014 07:12 pm
The day I turn 30 I’m buying myself a rocking chair. Of course I’ll still get up at 5:00AM for my morning cardio only reaching 30 minutes but pushing for 40.
Romeo Fabulini

Reply Tue 29 Apr, 2014 07:34 pm
Quote:
Roberta said: Romeo, I didn't have to get older to realize that people don't know what they're talking about. I think I was about three when I figured this out. Grown-ups. What a bunch of joiks.

Yeah, my parents swore blind there was a Santa but soon after my 21st birthday I decided for myself he didn't exist..Smile
0 Replies

raprap

Reply Tue 29 Apr, 2014 10:29 pm
@jcboy,
I wouldn't get a Barcolounger until I turned 50. Now at 64 I don't know how I lived without one for that long.

Rap
0 Replies

dalehileman

Reply Wed 30 Apr, 2014 11:38 am
@Roberta,
On the downside was yesterday's body X-ray and tomorrow morning's ultrasound

…not to mention any dolorous meds that might ensue
0 Replies

Finn dAbuzz

Reply Fri 2 May, 2014 11:29 pm
@Roberta,
Spot on.

I don't focus too much on what I can't do that I once could, because I'm just glad I can do anything. One of the hallmarks of getting "old" is the frequency with which you learn that people who are your contemporaries are dead.

Increase awareness of my mortality is not something I hate or even dislike about getting old, but's more of a kick in the pants for me than having trouble climbing stairs.

Except for that pesky deteriorating and dying thing, I like getting "old."
0 Replies

Lash

Reply Sun 4 May, 2014 08:59 pm
I'm a lot more laid back than I was when I was younger. I do that "stopping and smelling the flowers" thing like I'm making up for lost time. I'm more patient.

I can give up on expectations and relax into a moment. These things alone have made my basic enjoyment of life astronomically improved. I feel more settled in my skin.
0 Replies

raprap

Reply Mon 5 May, 2014 06:50 am
The older I get, the faster I was.

As a lifelong cyclist in my 60's I have gotten used to being passed in the peloton. I can hold on for a few minutes, but the young boys and girls have newer parts and I'm soon left with consoling myself with memories of my faster days.

Rap
0 Replies

Romeo Fabulini

Reply Tue 6 May, 2014 02:04 am
My personal best for a 10-mile Timetrial is 25 mins 17 secs back in my glory days in a local cycling club in the 1970's.
Hey I just turned 66!
My mugshots over the years-
http://i53.photobucket.com/albums/g64/PoorOldSpike/Mick-gallery.jpg~original
0 Replies