Electric dead problem -- 1992 Acura Integra

Reply Thu 6 May, 2004 06:09 pm
The day before yesterday, when I drove my car off work, I noticed the "checking seat belt" warning light flash. As I checked if my seat belt is buckled, all electricities suddenly went dead. The tachometer dropped
to 0 and no response on gas pedal. The brake cannot be pushed down.
No turning signal, no emergence signal. Fortunately, there were no many
cars on the road. I had to slide it to stop on up slope. It then slid back.
Finally I used hand brake to make it full stop. After I opened the hood,
I found the cable connected to battery terminal loose but still connected.
After I made some cleaning and striking, I put the cable back. I walked
back into the car and tried to start it. It didn't start at first as soon as I found the gear was still on "D". After putting it back to "P", I started it
again. Then everything was fine like nothing happened. It runs well these two days but it makes me a little nervous when I am driving it. Anyone
has any idea of what caused this problem?
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 1,739 • Replies: 3
No top replies

Adrian

Reply Thu 6 May, 2004 06:23 pm
Quote:
I found the cable connected to battery terminal loose

That is what went wrong. That is the only way that the cars entire electrical system would shut down. Make sure it is clean and tight and it won't happen again.
0 Replies

cal94306

Reply Thu 6 May, 2004 06:35 pm
Adrian wrote:

That is what went wrong. That is the only way that the cars entire electrical system would shut down. Make sure it is clean and tight and it won't happen again.

Thank you for your reply. It makes my tension a little relieved. But my friend told me that once the engine is started, the battery is no use. Please correct me and my friend.
0 Replies

Adrian

Reply Thu 6 May, 2004 06:40 pm
Your freind is very wrong. A car will still run with a flat battery, but the circuit itself has to be closed. Disconnect the battery of any car while it is running and it will stop.

Welcome to the site by the way.
0 Replies