does anyone believe in aliens?

izzythepush

Reply Sun 27 Apr, 2014 10:34 am
The term UFO has been slowly going out of fashion for a while, now the term UAP (pronounced Wap) is de rigueur. It stands for Unidentified Aerial Phenomena, it's believed to be more accurate, because the phenomena in question might not necessarily be an object, but lights/radio waves etc.
 https://encrypted-tbn0.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRaVOfkzl5e7PVr_MUeD8N9p3PKx7cnNqWBXQVvUj4EeNsJX_C6dA
0 Replies

Foofie

Reply Mon 28 Apr, 2014 05:11 pm
One of the theories of how life started on Earth is that bacteria came here, aboard an ancient meteorite, from elsewhere. Evolution then continued until today, with us here and all the other living creatures. That being said, it is possible that we are all aliens. So, the fact that life might be existing elsewhere in the universe doesn't mean that all life is intelligent, or for that matter have opposable thumbs to build this or that (intelligent life can be happy to live in other worldly oceans). I think life does exist elsewhere in the universe, but perhaps the desire to visit Earth would just be considered a waste of a good space trip, so to speak.
raprap

Reply Mon 28 Apr, 2014 05:55 pm

Rap
raprap

Reply Mon 28 Apr, 2014 06:01 pm
@raprap,

Rap
0 Replies

Romeo Fabulini

Reply Mon 28 Apr, 2014 06:04 pm
I think I might have been abducted twice some years ago while camping alone, and have posted both sensational accounts around the internet in UFO and paranormal forums including pictures of the locations.
Google "The King's Lynn Incident" and "The Spalding Incident"..

Romeo Fabulini: twice Taken?
http://i53.photobucket.com/albums/g64/PoorOldSpike/POS-swagger2_zps8e311a2c.jpg~original
jcboy

Reply Mon 28 Apr, 2014 06:13 pm
@Romeo Fabulini,
Romeo Fabulini wrote:

Romeo Fabulini: twice Taken?

I’m calling bullshit. If there are Aliens I believe they’d be too smart to come back for you a second time.
0 Replies

gungasnake

Reply Mon 28 Apr, 2014 06:28 pm
@ste0076,
There almost certainly are people living in other parts of the universe.

A better question might be, is there such a thing as physical interstellar travel? My guess would be that the answer is generally no. The ONLY thing anybody could ever bring back from a trip to another star which might conceivably justify the cost would be information and there are probably easier ways to get such information. Anything physical would be vastly easier to manufacture or produce than to try to bring back from an interstellar trip.

The ONLY reason I can think of for physical interstellar travel would be escape, i.e. your own system was about to be destroyed.
Romeo Fabulini

Reply Mon 28 Apr, 2014 06:30 pm
I think the aliens knew I'm a wargame champ, so they extracted my DNA to create a race of "Romeo Warrior Clones" to conquer the galaxy for them..Wink
For example I woke up in my tent the morning after the Spalding Incident and noticed a big bruise on my shinbone; it wasn't a bit painful to the touch and faded out over the next week or two.
Maybe it was where they'd pushed a hollow needle in to extract bone marrow.
So next time you look up at the stars, think "there might be thousands of Romeos up there"..Smile
neologist

Reply Mon 28 Apr, 2014 06:39 pm
@Romeo Fabulini,
Romeo Fabulini wrote:
I think the aliens knew I'm a wargame champ, so they extracted my DNA to create a race of "Romeo Warrior Clones" to conquer the galaxy for them..Wink
For example I woke up in my tent the morning after the Spalding Incident and noticed a big bruise on my shinbone; it wasn't a bit painful to the touch and faded out over the next week or two.
Maybe it was where they'd pushed a hollow needle in to extract bone marrow.
So next time you look up at the stars, think "there might be thousands of Romeos up there"..Smile
That explains a lot. I'm going to feed Tobias Fleabitis now. Then I'm going to drink beer.
0 Replies

Romeo Fabulini

Reply Mon 28 Apr, 2014 06:50 pm
Scientists are always looking at the stars and thinking "Do aliens exist and will they ever visit earth?"
But what if they've already been and gone?
Jesus said-- "I know where I came from and where I am going, but you have no idea where I come from or where I am going....you are of this world, I am not of this world...I'll tell you things hidden since the creation of the world" (John 8:14/ 8:23, Matt 13:35)

Hey Spock will you listen to Jesus?
"Affirmative, it would be illogical not to listen!"
http://i53.photobucket.com/albums/g64/PoorOldSpike/spock-station_zps995b3c15.jpg~original
0 Replies

rosborne979

Reply Mon 28 Apr, 2014 07:05 pm
@gungasnake,
gungasnake wrote:
A better question might be, is there such a thing as physical interstellar travel?
What other form of travel are you suggesting?
0 Replies

neologist

Reply Mon 28 Apr, 2014 08:04 pm
@Foofie,
Foofie wrote:
One of the theories of how life started on Earth is that bacteria came here, aboard an ancient meteorite, from elsewhere. Evolution then continued until today, with us here and all the other living creatures. That being said, it is possible that we are all aliens. So, the fact that life might be existing elsewhere in the universe doesn't mean that all life is intelligent, or for that matter have opposable thumbs to build this or that (intelligent life can be happy to live in other worldly oceans). I think life does exist elsewhere in the universe, but perhaps the desire to visit Earth would just be considered a waste of a good space trip, so to speak.
The term you seek is panspermia. But when I first heard it I thought it meant some esoteric method of becoming pregnant.
izzythepush

Reply Tue 29 Apr, 2014 02:46 am
@Romeo Fabulini,
Romeo Fabulini wrote:

Why would aliens choose the chump who lost the most games on that table of yours?

If you were abducted by aliens they were probably looking for something that could be experimented on without bothering with ethical considerations. Either that or they were looking for gullible slave workers who would believe any old bullshit.

You're going to get a bruise on your knee if you spend all night kneeling on the tiled floor of a public bog sucking off a succession of long distance lorry drivers.

You need to ask yourself why you tried to blank this out, and blame your confused sexuality on something as preposterous as alien abduction.
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Tue 29 Apr, 2014 03:14 am
@Buttermilk,
If you are attempting to suggest that there is no scientifically verifiable evidence, then there is no "theory" involved. Do you know what theory means in a scientific context? You're just blowing smoke.

Basically, you've got some wooly notion that these "far older and far wiser" civilizations can contravene the physical laws of the universe. Yeah, right . . .
Setanta

Reply Tue 29 Apr, 2014 03:17 am
@neologist,
neologist wrote:
The term you seek is panspermia. But when I first heard it I thought it meant some esoteric method of becoming pregnant.

Well . . . it does mean that, in a way . . .
0 Replies

Buttermilk

Reply Tue 29 Apr, 2014 08:34 am
@Setanta,
Of course there is no "scientific evidence" that aliens exist, and there is no evidence that THOR exists either. I was merely postulating the thought which many in the astrophysicist community believe.
Setanta

Reply Tue 29 Apr, 2014 08:42 am
@Buttermilk,
Oh really? How many in the astrophysics community believe what you have articulated? How do you know that?
Buttermilk

Reply Tue 29 Apr, 2014 08:50 am
@Setanta,
Ugh I'm on my ps3 typing this, if you prefer I can give you links that point to several theoretical/Astrophysicists.
0 Replies

Romeo Fabulini

Reply Tue 29 Apr, 2014 10:10 am
Quote:
Izzy asked:@RF- Why would aliens choose the chump who lost the most games on that table of yours?

Which part of the inscription "1" on my hallowed wargame champions trophy don't you understand mate?

http://i53.photobucket.com/albums/g64/PoorOldSpike/sub4/rd-cup.gif

I keep it on the coffee table in the centre of my living room so that it'll be the first thing visitors see when they walk in, and I can keep steering the conversation towards it during the course of the evening..Smile
Romeo Fabulini

Reply Tue 29 Apr, 2014 10:17 am
Incidentally, the Bible is full of close encounters with off-world beings, but it's as if Satan doesn't want people to know that, so he tries to poison peoples minds against it.
Foe example Dawkins has got a brilliant scientific mind and could easily unlock the Bibles revelations, but Satan can't risk that, so he's turned him into a Bible-hating atheist, just like he did with Carl Sagan and Stephen Hawking and other scientists.