Thu 24 Apr, 2014 01:40 pm
Unfortunately, due to a complete irretrievable hard drive failure, my whole dissertation is lost and needs to be in very shortly. I am trying desperately to redo but all my research and work to date has been lost.
I would be very grateful if any of you would take the time to answer 5 short questions on Method acting.
1) Are you familiar with the ‘Method’ acting approach?
2) Have you ever used the ‘Method’ in your acting studies or career?
3) Is your preference to use ‘Technique’ or ‘method’ yourself?
4) Have you experienced either positive or negative consequences when using the ‘Method’?
5) If yes to question 3 could you explain further
In this connection, I always think of a story I heard about Sir John Gielgud when he was in New York directing a production. One of the cast was of the method acting persuasion and whined "I don't know where I'm coming from". Sir John snapped, "You're coming from stage left darling, now please get on with it!"
(Seriously) If a hard drive crash has left you completely bereft of ideas, what have you been doing doing your course?