hawkeye10

Reply Tue 15 Apr, 2014 07:07 pm
@Finn dAbuzz,
Quote:
How is it sexist?
the only two ways a man can prevent the most extreme negative financial costs of sex are permanent sterilization and the condom, which has as a cost the robbing of sexual pleasure. If there are reasonable means to empower men to prevent them from fathering babies with less costs that are not being presented to men then we can reasonably be sure that the motives are anti-male. How can we possibly justify allowing women to regulate their exposure to this cost while allowing full pleasure sex without allowing men the same??
glitterbag

Reply Tue 15 Apr, 2014 08:41 pm
Access to contraception is not sexist. The fact that a minority of people find that abstinence is the only form of birth control even for married people IS sexist. Condoms do not lessen pleasure for women anymore than a diaphragm lessens pleasure for men. (However listening to a man complain that his sexual pleasure is completely ruined as the couple tries to be intimate will pluck the guilty strings of some women who are worried sick over how distressed their beloved might become) Since women and girls are the only gender that CAN conceive, it behooves them (for their own health & protection) to take precautions. I heartily recommend this to women to avoid being the pawn in a power struggle.

It's interesting that some men fear male birth control since it might affect or harm sperm production. I would love to a conversation with an all male group expressing concern over the higher risk of strokes for very young women who consume birth control pills. I do however remember seeing George Carlin in concert discussing the yet unknown long term health risk to women since birth control pills contained large amounts of estrogen. His point was that he didn't believe the method had been properly vetted, he was right.

So respect is important, respect between men and women and the bond created when you both know you can trust each other.

maxdancona

Reply Tue 15 Apr, 2014 08:49 pm
@glitterbag,
Again you are being very one sided, as if you don't think that women might be the one's who don't want to use a condom or the ones plucking guilt strings. Your consistent theme is that rather than men and women being equal partners with equal responsibility, you see men as bad actors taking advantage of vulnerable women. This is a very old-fashioned view.

I am guessing that you haven't had experience with many female partners.

Quote:
Condoms do not lessen pleasure for women anymore than a diaphragm lessens pleasure for men.

I don't believe this is true, at least in my experience. I have had a couple of female partners who did not enjoy sex as much when I wore a condom and asked me to remove it. I tend to be fairly careful and conservative, especially in the beginning of a relationship.

Quote:
I heartily recommend this to women to avoid being the pawn in a power struggle.

Would you recommend this to men to avoid being the pawn in a power struggle?

Quote:
Since women and girls are the only gender that CAN conceive

You do understand that other than the Virgin Mary and clones (which are currently illegal) it requires two genders to conceive, don't you?
glitterbag

Reply Tue 15 Apr, 2014 10:11 pm
@maxdancona,
You are not comprehending what I am saying. You are assuming I am what that inbred asshole 'Rush Limpbaugh' thinks is a feminazi. I feel sorry for you and your fear. Oh, and yes it takes two to conceive, assuming you are a male, and since I'm female I will be the only one of us to carry a child for nine months.

Regarding your question about my experience with women, I'm heterosexual. How about you? I'm happily married, my husband of 36 years raised the son I had with my sexist 1st husband, because 1st hubby was too insecure to bring his first born around his third wife. Was he a wimp/bully? Yes, he was a coward who always exploited what he assumed was weak. Weakness to him was people being polite, and all the other things that make a person decent. Sound familiar? I bet it does.
maxdancona

Reply Tue 15 Apr, 2014 10:19 pm
@glitterbag,
I am reading exactly what you are saying--

1. "Birth control for men is complicated because many men think any restrictions on their mighty sword is emasculating,"

2. "Accidental pregnancies are no big deal because women's bodies are designed for a mans need to ultimately relax and light a cigarette"

3. "When you old guys and young men who learned at your knee, learn to see it as an equal partnership and step to support the children they fathered, I will fly a flag.""

4. "perhaps all male babies delivered in a hospital or registered at birth will have a DNA sample taken in order to lessen the burden on the taxpayers"

5. "Condoms do not lessen pleasure for women"

I am comprehending alright... I don't know any other way to comprehend what you are writing.

glitterbag

Reply Tue 15 Apr, 2014 10:25 pm
@maxdancona,
I know, that's why I pity you.
0 Replies

Finn dAbuzz

Reply Wed 16 Apr, 2014 03:31 pm
@hawkeye10,
It took me a little while to figure out what you are saying, but you are right.

If there is a pill that men could take which would prevent them from impregnating a woman what possible reason can there be to keep it off the market?

I seriously doubt that the reason is that women want to preserve the ability to ensnare a man through pregnancy, but that's as plausible a reason as suggesting that men are withholding it the "man-pill" because they want women to bear the relatively miniscule cost and behavioral burden (remembering to swallow a pill once a day) of the current method.

The premise of the originating post is so easily demonstrated as absurd.
0 Replies

Finn dAbuzz

Reply Wed 16 Apr, 2014 03:35 pm
@glitterbag,
glitterbag wrote:

The fact that a minority of people find that abstinence is the only form of birth control even for married people IS sexist.

How so?

glitterbag wrote:
It's interesting that some men fear male birth control since it might affect or harm sperm production.

It's tough to argue against the assertion that "some" men fear male birth control, but do you have any evidence that this is a widespread fear?

0 Replies

Finn dAbuzz

Reply Wed 16 Apr, 2014 03:52 pm
I'm not sure, which is why I asked her the question.
glitterbag

Reply Wed 16 Apr, 2014 09:46 pm
@Finn dAbuzz,
Well Finn and Hawkeye have weighed in, all of us girls need to back off while the adult males figure out how to explain the issues to the women folk. I'm so freaking happy I don't live in Texas, and my husband and I have a productive partnership. I also want to thank my dad, who dropped out of school to help support his family during the depression, his time with the Army Air Forces during WWII, his participation in the Berlin Air lift and all of the other strengths he developed as he moved thru life to inspire me to call bullshit when bullshit is offered. Also, kudos to my sons and nephews who also know bullshit when they smell it.
chai2

Reply Wed 16 Apr, 2014 10:51 pm
@glitterbag,
Hey!
What's wrong with Texas, I live there.

Albeit I live in a cool place.
maxdancona

Reply Thu 17 Apr, 2014 04:54 am
@glitterbag,
Quote:
Well Finn and Hawkeye have weighed in, all of us girls need to back off while the adult males figure out how to explain the issues to the women folk. I'm

Why do you hate men so much?
glitterbag

Reply Thu 17 Apr, 2014 01:07 pm
@maxdancona,
I don't hate men you moron. You're the one who believes women have all the power, you find it unsettling when women disagree with you on issues.
0 Replies

Finn dAbuzz

Reply Thu 17 Apr, 2014 09:44 pm
@glitterbag,
glitterbag wrote:

Well Finn and Hawkeye have weighed in, all of us girls need to back off while the adult males figure out how to explain the issues to the women folk. I'm so freaking happy I don't live in Texas, and my husband and I have a productive partnership. I also want to thank my dad, who dropped out of school to help support his family during the depression, his time with the Army Air Forces during WWII, his participation in the Berlin Air lift and all of the other strengths he developed as he moved thru life to inspire me to call bullshit when bullshit is offered. Also, kudos to my sons and nephews who also know bullshit when they smell it.

Not-with-standing your incessant references to your husband, Dad, and extended family, I find it interesting that you have reacted so vehemently to my post.

I asked you two simple questions in an entirely civil manner.

Obviously you've chosen not to answer them, leaving us no alternative but to make assumptions as to why.

0 Replies

Finn dAbuzz

Reply Thu 17 Apr, 2014 09:45 pm
@chai2,
Me too, but then wherever I live is a cool place.
Finn dAbuzz

Reply Thu 17 Apr, 2014 09:48 pm
@maxdancona,
maxdancona wrote:

Quote:
Well Finn and Hawkeye have weighed in, all of us girls need to back off while the adult males figure out how to explain the issues to the women folk. I'm

Why do you hate men so much?

Perhaps glitterbag hates men; perhaps not, but based on her responses (including the obsessive references to the male figures in her family), it's not entirely unreasonable to assume she does.

Some people who are quite intelligent are also emotionally unstable.
glitterbag

Reply Thu 17 Apr, 2014 09:56 pm
@Finn dAbuzz,
Finn, I'm grateful to my family, I loved the ones who are still here and I miss the ones who are no longer with us (by us, I mean those I respect). I'm sorry you don't have fond memories of your family, and I'm thrilled that's it's cool where ever you are. You're the best, better than all the rest.
Finn dAbuzz

Reply Thu 17 Apr, 2014 09:59 pm
@glitterbag,
I love my family too, but I don't feel compelled to constantly reference them.

glitterbag

Reply Thu 17 Apr, 2014 10:45 pm
@Finn dAbuzz,
Well you must read and reread my posts, because when I reference my parents, it's normally to thank them for their hard work and the support they provided to me and my brother. I must admit I never look into your old posts, but when you show up it's normally to bitch bite something I've said. I don't know what it's like to live in Finn world, so perhaps I've not idolized you enough with fevered Finn fervor. So lets hope this works, Finn, you are a man to be admired for your principles, honor and strength. I also admire the fact that you never mention your family because you don't feel a need to honor the past like morons like me. You are starting to sound like Foofie, I don't think that's good but then again, I'm not you (Thank you Jesus)
Finn dAbuzz

Reply Thu 17 Apr, 2014 10:52 pm
@glitterbag,
You must be very unhappy.
0 Replies