South Carolina Christian School Fourth Grade Science Quiz

bobsal u1553115

Reply Sun 13 Apr, 2014 02:48 pm
@anonymously99,
Lighten up. Even Christ laughed. This is a joke thread based on a real story.
0 Replies

JTT

Reply Sun 13 Apr, 2014 02:54 pm
@farmerman,

holy hell , I, Farmerman the academic, totally missed that it was A Christian School in the title. duhh.
0 Replies

rosborne979

Reply Sun 13 Apr, 2014 03:11 pm
@farmerman,
Yeh. I lament their proliferation of stupidity, but they do have the right.
JTT

Reply Sun 13 Apr, 2014 03:17 pm
@rosborne979,
You were going to home school your own kids, Ros. Let me suggest you forget about English and American history. You'll need to send them abroad for those.
0 Replies

farmerman

Reply Sun 13 Apr, 2014 05:17 pm
@rosborne979,
That's the problem with Freedom of religion. It also means freedom from reality.
anonymously99

Reply Sun 13 Apr, 2014 05:25 pm
@farmerman,
farmerman wrote:
Quote:
That's the problem with Freedom of religion. It also means freedom from reality.

anonymously99 wrote:
Your attempt of being humorous? I don't know. From what I understand, freedom of religion, meaning you can choose a religion freely? Of course anyone can. Freedom of reality meaning an individual's choice to be psychotic? The thought makes me feel as if I want to smile. I did, smiled big to myself, while closing my eyes.
farmerman

Reply Sun 13 Apr, 2014 05:32 pm
@anonymously99,
Your specific CHOICE of a reality is what a "freedom OF reality"
means.
Separating yourself from what the world evidences as reality is what "Freedom FROM reality" implies.
Brandon9000

Reply Sun 13 Apr, 2014 06:56 pm
@farmerman,
Of course, even a religious school needs to be accredited, which implies that science should not be contradicted in science class.
anonymously99

Reply Sun 13 Apr, 2014 06:57 pm
@farmerman,
Is this your intent to make me feel dumb?

I mean I don't. What I gather as in it is what I gather.
anonymously99

Reply Sun 13 Apr, 2014 07:01 pm
@Brandon9000,
Quote:
Of course, even a religious school needs to be accredited, which implies that science should not be contradicted in science class.

As in you don't think God, Jesus Christ, the Holy Bible should not be discussed, taught during science class?
farmerman

Reply Sun 13 Apr, 2014 07:41 pm
@Brandon9000,
Maybe in S Carolina. In Pa, only our curricula are accredited and there is a vast amount of leeway for all parochial schools, and home schoolers are ignored until test years. (Catholic schools are probably better preparing their kids). We have many of these Religious charter schools that get away with murder.

0 Replies

farmerman

Reply Sun 13 Apr, 2014 07:43 pm
@anonymously99,
Quote:
As in you don't think God, Jesus Christ, the Holy Bible should not be discussed, taught during science class?
. If it can be taught using the scientific method then that is science. Religion has no place in science classes and that's what all the court cases have been about.
0 Replies

farmerman

Reply Sun 13 Apr, 2014 07:49 pm
@anonymously99,
Quote:
Is this your intent to make me feel dumb?
no, I was discussing the point that I wished to convey. I assumed that we were not on the same page so I was re presenting it as an "either or".

Hope you feel ok about my response
Brandon9000

Reply Sun 13 Apr, 2014 08:06 pm
@anonymously99,
anonymously99 wrote:

Quote:

It's kind of like teaching 1 + 1 = 3 in math class. I should hope the government would step in and say that such a school had lost its accreditation.
0 Replies

anonymously99

Reply Sun 13 Apr, 2014 08:08 pm
@farmerman,
I should be taking notes I think. I don't know.
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Sun 13 Apr, 2014 09:06 pm
@farmerman,
Farmer -

first of all, be well

second, thank you for the years of information here on a2k, I always listen.

third, anonymous is a problematic poster, has at least 4 usernames, please discount.
Self described as bipolar and schizophrenic and a librarian in mexico city.
panzade

Reply Sun 13 Apr, 2014 09:18 pm
@ossobuco,
Quote:
anonymous is a problematic poster

anon suffers from debilitating mental health issues; I like the way FM handled her question.
Good man.
ossobuco

Reply Sun 13 Apr, 2014 09:21 pm
@panzade,
Yes to that.
0 Replies

MontereyJack

Reply Sun 13 Apr, 2014 09:27 pm
has anyone posted the quiz on one of gungasnake's rant threads abput the Common Core? that quiz is a devestating indictment of American special-interest education, and the direct antithesis of proposing standards every child's education should meet.
0 Replies

JTT

Reply Sun 13 Apr, 2014 09:46 pm
@panzade,
Quote:
Good man.

Those exact words came to my mind and I was gonna post that, then I thot, no, Pan'll just tear my head off.