I need a vacation!

Reply Sun 2 May, 2004 10:21 pm
I have been thinking of taking a vacation recently. I'm thinking sun, beaches, beautiful women, a place for a single guy in his thirties to just have a great time and really get away from all the stresses of the everyday crap. I haven't gone anywhere for a vacation in over three years, and I just want to get awaaaaay!!!

Does anyone have any suggestions? OCCOMBill suggested San Jose, Costa Rica on another thread, which sounds pretty damn perfect, but I'm open to any suggestions.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 0 • Views: 3,189 • Replies: 22
No top replies

ossobuco

Reply Sun 2 May, 2004 10:31 pm
Geez, I thought you were going to italy, already.
0 Replies

panzade

Reply Sun 2 May, 2004 10:40 pm
Drag your sorry ass down to the Treasure Coast here in Fla. Me and Bill will make sure you have a nice vacation.
0 Replies

colorbook

Reply Sun 2 May, 2004 10:48 pm
panzade wrote:
Drag your sorry ass down to the Treasure Coast here in Fla. Me and Bill will make sure you have a nice vacation.

I think Kicky's looking for more than just a nice vacation.
0 Replies

Portal Star

Reply Sun 2 May, 2004 10:54 pm
Me too! I'm broke and stressed and it's finals week WAAAHHHHHH Mad Crying or Very sad

I have been having dreams about the ocean and the beach. For me, it's always been a place of relaxation and leisure.

It will be nice when I get off of school in a week or so, and then I'll only have to worry about being poor!

If you can afford it, Maui is wonderful.
0 Replies

panzade

Reply Sun 2 May, 2004 11:10 pm
"I think Kicky's looking for more than just a nice vacation."

Oh?
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Sun 2 May, 2004 11:36 pm
Queensland Sunshine coast is great in (our) winter.....
0 Replies

panzade

Reply Sun 2 May, 2004 11:39 pm
Yeah KC, go visit the rabbit ...and get your ears boxed.
0 Replies

msolga

Reply Mon 3 May, 2004 12:22 am
Quite invigorating, though .. Laughing
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Mon 3 May, 2004 12:47 am
I do NOT live in Queensland.
0 Replies

Peter S

Reply Mon 3 May, 2004 12:53 am
Have you ever been to Europe, no? then come and enjoy.
0 Replies

Linkat

Reply Mon 3 May, 2004 07:11 am
I suggest going a cruise in particular Carnival cruise. A male friend of mine swore by them. He said it was the best vacation for meeting and picking up chicks. The single women ratio is much higher than the single men ratio. Personally I have gone on such a cruise and thought it was a bit tacky, but I do have to agree with my friend, there were more single women than single men. And you do get sun and sand.

Another thought could be some of the resorts that cater to single people. Some club meds and other al-inclusive resorts are geared for singles.
0 Replies

kickycan

Reply Mon 3 May, 2004 09:12 am
Yeah, Linkat, something like that. I'm thinking of something with a lot of sand, sun, tropical . . . something like South Beach. But I think I might want to get out of the continental U.S. too, and maybe fall in love with an exotic beauty for a week, or at least a few hours a day. :wink:

Something like those Cuervo commercials . . . like a real getaway from everything where I can just relax and be unencumbered . . . something like that. I don't really want to go on a cruise though. I don't know why, but that just doesn't appeal to me very much. So far the Maui idea sounds pretty good, and Costa Rica, or maybe even Rio.

I want peace and quiet enough to sit and ponder a sunset, but I also would like some kind of nightlife nearby. Something exotic. I don't know, does this make sense?
0 Replies

Linkat

Reply Mon 3 May, 2004 11:08 am
It definitely makes sense. Cancun is great for nightlife. Not too far to travel either from New York. If you want to stay away from the crowds choose a hotel away from the strip. I stayed at the Westin which was fairly quiet, with a beautiful beach and pool areas. One quiet pool area, one with more going on. You are very close to the action, but can get away quickly. The one downside of Cancun is it is pretty built up, but the beaches are still beautiful. There is a lot to do around there.

I love to travel and did travel a lot more in my single childless days especially to the Caribbean and Mexico. Another hot spot is Cabo San Lucas - not as built up as Cancun and with lots of party spots. Although the beaches are not nearly as beautiful as Cancun. It is also a further plane flight.

Most of the Caribbean islands are some what quiet so aside for the well known spots, like Cancun and Jamaica, if you want to meet some people and have a little more fun, I would suggest to stay at an all inclusive geared toward singles. St. Marrten may be a good spot for you. They do have some nightlife, but there is some quiet as well. Aruba is usually filled with honeymooners with limited nightlife, but it has beautiful beaches.

I have not been to Hawaii, Costa Rica or Rio. Although I have heard Rio is a lot of fun.
0 Replies

kickycan

Reply Mon 3 May, 2004 11:20 am
Thanks Linkat, I'll check into the places you mentioned.

ossobuco wrote:
Geez, I thought you were going to italy, already.

I am still planning on Italy, but this is a different kind of trip. I think Italy is going to be next year, but I am a beach bum at heart, and I haven't had a taste of that kind of thing in waaay too long.
0 Replies

doglover

Reply Mon 3 May, 2004 11:54 am
How about taking a Royal Carribean cruise to Bermuda? We did and it was soooo much fun. The beaches in Bermuda are fabulous...especially Elbow Beach. The golf courses are spectacular too. There is so much to do...snorkling, parasailing, swim with the dolphins, nite life, riding motorbikes...etc.
0 Replies

kickycan

Reply Mon 3 May, 2004 12:19 pm
Sounds nice, but I don't want to go on a cruise. I want to be free to go where I want when I want, without any schedule.
0 Replies

Portal Star

Reply Mon 3 May, 2004 12:27 pm
kickycan wrote:
Yeah, Linkat, something like that. I'm thinking of something with a lot of sand, sun, tropical . . . something like South Beach. But I think I might want to get out of the continental U.S. too, and maybe fall in love with an exotic beauty for a week, or at least a few hours a day. :wink:

Something like those Cuervo commercials . . . like a real getaway from everything where I can just relax and be unencumbered . . . something like that. I don't really want to go on a cruise though. I don't know why, but that just doesn't appeal to me very much. So far the Maui idea sounds pretty good, and Costa Rica, or maybe even Rio.

I want peace and quiet enough to sit and ponder a sunset, but I also would like some kind of nightlife nearby. Something exotic. I don't know, does this make sense?

How about quintana Roo?

You get sun, sand, and neat mayan ruins. Plus lots of nature and ocean stuff. I don't know anything about the ladies in Q. Roo
0 Replies

kickycan

Reply Mon 3 May, 2004 12:35 pm
I've never even heard of Quintana Roo. I'll check that out.
0 Replies

Eva

Reply Mon 3 May, 2004 04:24 pm
Quintana Roo is the Mexican province that contains Cancun, Cozumel & Playa del Carmen. Cancun is horribly overbuilt & touristy. Cozumel is sleepy, but has the very best snorkeling/diving anywhere, and Playa is close to both. Plus, Playa is close to great Mayan ruins (Tulum, etc.). White-white sand, lots of sun, beautiful water. You get the best of both Mexico and the Caribbean. (But don't drink the water.)
0 Replies