On the power of reason (video)

Reply Mon 17 Mar, 2014 04:25 pm
I found this on TED today n the debates with JLNobody n Fresco on the power of reason popped into my mind...enjoy it its well worth it.

• Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 2 • Views: 1,917 • Replies: 5
No top replies

Ulu

Reply Wed 19 Mar, 2014 11:54 pm
@Fil Albuquerque,
Thanks, Fil Albuquerque! I liked this video. It was interesting and helpful. Smile
0 Replies

Ulu

Reply Thu 20 Mar, 2014 12:01 am
@Fil Albuquerque,
Fil Albuquerque, I'm curious; what do you think of this video? What are your comments on it?
Fil Albuquerque

Reply Thu 20 Mar, 2014 07:06 pm
@Ulu,
Well I suppose I could say I agree with what is said in the video but then that is quite explicit once I post it. The video is extremely clear so I don't felt the need to ad anything. Some people around have made the argument that reason is bankrupted and curiously enough those very same people have tried to make very sound arguments about it which on several occasions has led me to reply exactly like it is done in the first sentences in the video showing the logical inconsistency on going down that path. That alone was good motive to bring it to a2k, in resume it belongs.
0 Replies

tomr

Reply Fri 21 Mar, 2014 09:28 am
@Fil Albuquerque,
I think of logical inconsistency as hypocrisy in choosing to apply reasons to support certain situations or ideas but not to support similar or for the purpose of some argument other identical situations or ideas. I have been thinking alot about that very phrase "logical inconsistency" lately. It should be used more I think.
0 Replies

Fil Albuquerque

Reply Fri 11 Apr, 2014 07:50 pm
Here is yet another self explanatory interesting video I just found on youtube.
Enjoy ! Wink

0 Replies