cavfancier

Reply Wed 28 Apr, 2004 02:49 pm
panzade wrote:
Jeez Cav, you give creedence to the saying"Ignorance is bliss"...lol

Well, that would be 'credence' there friend. I was just on a tear of fun.

Morels are awesome, but I prefer chanterelles, or better yet, a mixture of the two. I did a warm salad of that mixture once, topped with a chilled quail galantine.

Psilocybin shrooms closely resemble many common varieties of normal field mushrooms. The best way to check them for authenticity is to gently bruise the stem. If it turns blue, it's the real deal.
0 Replies

PDiddie

Reply Wed 28 Apr, 2004 02:51 pm
I'm all for Creedence.

And toadstools whose stems bruise blue.
0 Replies

cavfancier

Reply Wed 28 Apr, 2004 02:52 pm
Creedence Clearwater Revival....good with shrooms.
0 Replies

blueveinedthrobber

Reply Wed 28 Apr, 2004 02:55 pm
No one ever wants to meet in North Carolina.

I sense an underlying current of Trailer Park and Skoal hatred. Crying or Very sad
0 Replies

Montana

Reply Wed 28 Apr, 2004 02:56 pm
I'm not big on mushrooms CJ. Can you pick me some raspberries instead?
0 Replies

Montana

Reply Wed 28 Apr, 2004 02:57 pm
LOL Bear!
0 Replies

blueveinedthrobber

Reply Wed 28 Apr, 2004 02:57 pm
cavfancier wrote:
panzade wrote:
Jeez Cav, you give creedence to the saying"Ignorance is bliss"...lol

Well, that would be 'credence' there friend. I was just on a tear of fun.

Morels are awesome, but I prefer chanterelles, or better yet, a mixture of the two. I did a warm salad of that mixture once, topped with a chilled quail galantine.

Psilocybin shrooms closely resemble many common varieties of normal field mushrooms. The best way to check them for authenticity is to gently bruise the stem. If it turns blue, it's the real deal.

best way to identify them is if after 45 minutes you look to your left and see Jesus and Mama Cass doing it dog style....you're trippin'
0 Replies

cjhsa

Reply Wed 28 Apr, 2004 02:59 pm
Sounds like a side event for the next A2K gathering...
0 Replies

cavfancier

Reply Wed 28 Apr, 2004 02:59 pm
Laughing With a ham sandwich inbetween 'em...
0 Replies

blueveinedthrobber

Reply Wed 28 Apr, 2004 03:01 pm
cavfancier wrote:
Laughing With a ham sandwich inbetween 'em...

If she'd have sent that ham sandwich to Karen Carpenter they might both still be with us......and besides did Jesus eat pork?
0 Replies

cavfancier

Reply Wed 28 Apr, 2004 03:07 pm
Jesus was Jewish, so no pork, but porking was allowed, and twice on the Sabbath. Lucky weekends for Mary Magdeline. As for Cass and Karen, Mama tried giving the sandwich away to the poor, anorexic dear but she got hungry and ate them both.
0 Replies

cavfancier

Reply Wed 28 Apr, 2004 03:11 pm
Incidentally, the name "Black Sabbath" did not come from witchcraft or the occult. It came from an ancient Hebrew term for those weekends when hubby couldn't get it twice, due to a taboo on menstruating women. Wish I could find the source for that...
0 Replies

cjhsa

Reply Wed 28 Apr, 2004 03:13 pm
OK, we're working on a gathering on a Black Sabbath and Jesus, Mary Magdeline, Momma Cass, and Karen Carpenter all plan to attend. I'll bring mushrooms.
0 Replies

Walter Hinteler

Reply Wed 28 Apr, 2004 03:14 pm
Yes, Ozzy Osbourne, I've always had some ideas about him ...
0 Replies

cavfancier

Reply Wed 28 Apr, 2004 03:17 pm
Sounds good, cjhsa, as long as Phish aren't on the bill.
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Wed 28 Apr, 2004 04:50 pm
Toronto is a liberal hotbed? ohmigawd - I've got to tell most of my colleagues that they're going to have to move.

and timber's left-leaning. <snort>

Americans are soooooooo funny.

is Tucson a liberal hot-bed? howsabout Maine?
0 Replies

farmerman

Reply Wed 28 Apr, 2004 05:32 pm
Just got here and, of course I'ze attracted to thhe reference to the hallucinogenic "magic mushrooms" of Mr Set. in college We used to search cow plops for the
psilocybes (P. coprophilas, precisely) , you dried em and munched on em withh wine. You could see your future and your past all at once.

Morel season gone and done down here in Pa. It corresponds with the old Dutch saying , translated

Morel mushrooms are growing when the oaks leaves are as big as a squirrels ear.

Maine is liberal cities and conservative countryside, sorta like Pa. Although in Pa, except for that Bible thumpin d'bag Santorum, even the GOPs are more moderate. Id help set up a get together in Jackman Maine, we could run over a moose and have a road-kill cookout. Alas, the only restaurants in Maine worth going to are seasonal lobster houses. The others are pretty sloppy dirty, even the swanky ones.

How about Quebec? I believe their license plate sez it all.Je Me Souvienne-(for those who know little French-"are you gonna eat that?") Is M ontreal conservative enough? I dont know because they will usually not speak English to me unless I beat the crap out of them)
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Wed 28 Apr, 2004 05:43 pm
I'm guessing Quebec would be gawdawful liberal for a lot of Muricans. In Quebec, you're not legally married unless you have a civil wedding (a church wedding doesn't count), and women aren't allowed to change their surnames to their husbands. Freaks.

hmmmm, so the sorta-pre-A2K get-togethers were in <gasp> conservative country. good thing not too many people knew about them.

ok - how about Vienna. Liberal or Conservative? To my political eye, all of Austria seems, well, a tad to the right, but whadda I know. I think all Muricans are right wing.
0 Replies

cavfancier

Reply Wed 28 Apr, 2004 05:57 pm
Meh, Quebec is all full of foreigners, and Montreal is practically New Orleans. Maybe Hull...still a biker town at heart.
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Wed 28 Apr, 2004 06:16 pm
Is eating very liberal? Shocked

I'm reflecting on the get-togethers I've been to. In Salem it was - who's got the fruit, who's got the avocados, who's got the dip - then it was "what restaurant are we going to?". Maine was about avocadoes and lobsters and ice cream sundaes. Tucson was about getting from one restaurant to another, with a coupla sunrises and a desert museum visit. Oh, and great hemp snacks in the hotel rooms. My next trip to the Boston zone - hmmmmm, there was a bbq at the SealPoets - PlainOldMe made some killer chocolate bread. The Catskills - hmmmm, it was about who was cooking, what they were cooking and did all the groceries get picked up, and who ate all the pistachos!!! The first Toronto get-together - restaurant - and lotsa food talk. The Michigan road-trip was about driving from meal to meal. Madison was about ordering food, trying to stay awake while Setanta and timberlandko talked - and trying to find a place to buy milk. The second Toronto get-together I went to - restaurant - food - talk about food and kitchens and food.

hmmmmmmmmmmmm - there's a theme here. Liberals love food! (of course, I'm not a liberal, so I don't know what I was doing at any of these get-togethers)
0 Replies