cjhsa

Reply Wed 28 Apr, 2004 01:24 pm
I just realized that all of the A2K gatherings have been held in liberal hotbeds. Toronto, Austin, Boston, San Francisco, even Madison, WI.

No wonder this place has such a left leaning membership. I know I'm not the only one who's noticed.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 2 • Views: 3,749 • Replies: 61
No top replies

cavfancier

Reply Wed 28 Apr, 2004 01:41 pm
Where does Daniel Carver live again? Somewhere in Georgia I think. Don't forget your A2K white hood for the next gathering. I'm guessing you can't get good dim sum down in those parts. See, it's not about the political leanings, it's about the food, cjhsa.
0 Replies

cjhsa

Reply Wed 28 Apr, 2004 01:44 pm
Cav, are you trying to say that conservatism is equivalent to racism? Comon...
0 Replies

quinn1

Reply Wed 28 Apr, 2004 01:53 pm
Bostons a liberal hotbed???????

Oh well, there were those Puritan crazies, and theres that Cambridge and all...
Wink
0 Replies

cavfancier

Reply Wed 28 Apr, 2004 01:57 pm
cjhsa wrote:
Cav, are you trying to say that conservatism is equivalent to racism? Comon...

Absolutely not. You're a funny guy, it was a joke. However, it still remains a fact that liberal hotbeds tend to have better food, and more variety. Laughing Say...don't you live somewhere in L.A.? Good food there...as for politics, who cares, as long as I can have my Joachim Splichal.

Just to echo quinn...Boston isn't terribly liberal when it comes to being a darker shade of white... :wink:
0 Replies

Walter Hinteler

Reply Wed 28 Apr, 2004 02:04 pm
London is strongly liberal (left mayor in London/left Prime Minister in the UK): there have been three meetings until now!
0 Replies

cavfancier

Reply Wed 28 Apr, 2004 02:09 pm
Hmm...food in London though...not so good, unless you are willing to pay top dollar for Marco Pierre White, or one of Nico's places....it must be an underground hotbed of conservatives.
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Wed 28 Apr, 2004 02:13 pm
Re: A2K Gatherings
cjhsa wrote:
I just realized that all of the A2K gatherings have been held in liberal hotbeds. Toronto, Austin, Boston, San Francisco, even Madison, WI.

No wonder this place has such a left leaning membership. I know I'm not the only one who's noticed.

While not giving a rat's *ss about partisanship, i would observe that your logic here is seriously flawed. It suggests that holding gatherings in "liberal hotbeds" has made Ack-Ack members "left-leaning." Did it not occur to you that a more likely explanation would be that a preponderance of members with liberal sentiments would lead to gatherings in such places?

Timber was at the Madison gathering--i'm sure he is deeply ashamed.
0 Replies

fbaezer

Reply Wed 28 Apr, 2004 02:14 pm
Is Albuquerque liberal?
0 Replies

PDiddie

Reply Wed 28 Apr, 2004 02:17 pm
So what the hell is wrong with you conservatives?

Can't you get something going in Sacramento, or Salt Lake City, or even Houston, for Christ's sake?
0 Replies

cavfancier

Reply Wed 28 Apr, 2004 02:18 pm
Hmm....flight of word fancy...

Lib er Al:

"You'se gotta choose 'tween lib, er takin' on Al."
0 Replies

cavfancier

Reply Wed 28 Apr, 2004 02:19 pm
I'd go to Salt Lake City. I've never seen a Merman.
0 Replies

cjhsa

Reply Wed 28 Apr, 2004 02:27 pm
I knew this would stir things up.

LA???? Where the heck is that? I'm in northern California and seriously outnumbered.
0 Replies

mac11

Reply Wed 28 Apr, 2004 02:28 pm
Haven't there been a couple of gatherings in Florida? Obviously, the Dems are in a minority there, right?
0 Replies

Montana

Reply Wed 28 Apr, 2004 02:28 pm
CJ
Why don't you start your own gathering ;-)
0 Replies

cavfancier

Reply Wed 28 Apr, 2004 02:33 pm
Well, cjhsa, it's Silicon Valley (wait a sec...that's near San Fran, isn't it), or Montana, not our beloved poster, but the state, of course. I'm just yankin' yer chain. Now there have been gatherings in Florida, and as they fixed the last election, you should be quite comfortable down there. Just avoid the Cuban areas, unless you are looking for seriously good fried plantain, or drugs. Laughing
0 Replies

Montana

Reply Wed 28 Apr, 2004 02:36 pm
LOL!
0 Replies

cjhsa

Reply Wed 28 Apr, 2004 02:37 pm
I'm having a gathering in a couple weeks in northern Michigan. In fact, we're gonna go gather some mushrooms. The edible kind....morels.
0 Replies

panzade

Reply Wed 28 Apr, 2004 02:39 pm
Jeez Cav, you give creedence to the saying"Ignorance is bliss"...lol
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Wed 28 Apr, 2004 02:40 pm
Morels are great, especially if fried in butter, and then used to fry fish. Psylosibin (sp?) mushrooms are edible, too, but probably not so good with fish. Manistique? That would be a nice venue. My Sweetiepie and i enjoyed ourselves a great deal there last fall, before we went to the Commie Insurrection Planning . . . i mean, the Ack-Ack gathering in Madison.
0 Replies