Vivien

Reply Mon 28 Jun, 2004 02:03 pm
please could I be pm'd the website? I'd love a better look

Thanks <hopefully>
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Mon 28 Jun, 2004 02:50 pm
PM little k, vivien...

In the meantime, I am having no luck transferring the larger size here. Will try the gallery instead. Stay tuned.
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Mon 28 Jun, 2004 03:57 pm
Awaiting approval screening in the gallery, so we'll see if they turn out..

Has anyone tried Edgar's suggestion, using the a2k Toolbar to enlarge them?
0 Replies

JLNobody

Reply Mon 28 Jun, 2004 04:38 pm
Osso, how do you respond to my sense that your works are a bit impressionistic?
Like good landscapes they "poetise nature; they are visual poetry. If I may stretch the meaning of poetry here, I think that good abstract art should "poetise" color and form, just as good music poetises sound, pitch and rhythm. Effective abstract art is, in this sense, something like visual music.
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Mon 28 Jun, 2004 04:45 pm
Yes, this selection of work is impressionistic, at least in effect, if not the same type of brush strokes, etc. Now "Nude with Flaming Bicycle" is not...
0 Replies

JoanneDorel

Reply Tue 6 Jul, 2004 11:56 am
Osso I was recently looking at a catalogue from the Oakland Museum of Art called Twilight and Reverie - California Tonalist Painting, 1890-1930. Some of the landscape paintings in the catalog are done in a style similar to yours or it could be just the subject matter, northern California is similar to those reproduced in the catalog.

Do you know or have you known any of the artists: Arthur Atkins, Raymond Boynton, Giuseppe Cadenasso, Maurice Auguste Del Mue. Etc., in the catalogue it speaks to these artists who formed there group California Society of Artists in 1902 "to protest conservative views of [the] San Francisco Art Association'?

The paintings are almost exclusively of California spots such as Monterey, Carmel, Tiburon, etc.
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Tue 6 Jul, 2004 07:30 pm
Interesting, Joanne, I'll look those folks up. I've not heard of them, and most of my work is not about California. But those places mentioned are by the water, and thus share a certain foggy ethereality, at least some times for some parts of the day.
0 Replies