Humans don't seem to be progressing toward that goal...

mikeymojo

Thu 13 Mar, 2014 05:11 pm
@AaronJW,
AaronJW wrote:

I am easy to replace. 100% of my personality won't transfer! but it's not impossible.

Wow dude. I'm dying to know how that's possible in an individual sense. Or any sense.
Ding an Sich

Thu 13 Mar, 2014 09:36 pm
@AaronJW,
AaronJW wrote:

Now you have viewpoints that seem to be less about preference and emotion and more about logic and reason, that I respect.

My viewpoint from the start came from logic and reason, but it was more from an empirical manner.
0 Replies

AaronJW

Fri 14 Mar, 2014 01:17 am
@mikeymojo,
It stems from another topic I posted about where I claim that the concept of "the one" in a relationship is really troubling. Uniqueness to me is not possible in quantities as large as human population, not that we humans can prove yet anyway. My personality, physical features and other specs could easily be the same as, or at least very similar to another's. So in that sense, I am easily replaceable.
mikeymojo

Sat 15 Mar, 2014 01:23 am
@AaronJW,
Similar yes, the same as, no. That is a world of difference. Twins are not the same person no matter much they resemble each other personality wise or physically. They never know what's going on in one another's mind. Just as I don't really know what's going on in your mind. It doesn't matter how many humans exist, each are their own UNIQUE individual person. What isn't unique are human concepts, like the one you mentioned. Which is what's blinding you in my opinion.
0 Replies