• Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 0 • Views: 372 • Replies: 3
No top replies

farmerman

Reply Mon 10 Mar, 2014 06:38 am
@gungasnake,
Ive been looking at the Italian nickel hydride ,lattice method by a guy named Francesco Celani and , it could be an interesting way of reducing and eliminating all the massive infrastructure for old nuke waste disposal. I have to look up Celani on a search to see whether he seems for real.
However, reading all we can, it seems that everyone involved in LENR is more busy criticizing all others involved in it. There seems to be no spirit of cooperation anywhere. WHY? seems that there are basic differences between each methodology that, while not fatal, explain energy coefficients that vary all across the board.
NOBODY seems to be willing to discuss anything about sustainability of reactions and ultimate outputs . There seems to be a huge investment in paranoia because of what happened to the Utah guys and "retribution" from big oil.

At the Applied Chem and materials research center at the U of Delaware, there is also a small but intensely commited group of nanotech guys who are doing structural analyses of "most favorable' lattice configurations on one of the systems. However, I think they may be funded by some major Delaware "company"

gungasnake

Reply Mon 10 Mar, 2014 08:10 am
@farmerman,
I wish I were more of an expert on this one. Again, a very bright friend of mine was in the same class as Eugene Mallove at MIT and describes him as having been best/brightest category, and Mallove left MIT over the LENR scandal.
farmerman

Reply Mon 10 Mar, 2014 09:10 am
@gungasnake,
Ive been a vocal skeptic for several decades. However, there may be something in there that, based on the Italian model utilizes the structural and bonding forces inherent within metallic crystalline ions that does make sense. Im just having trouble going over the sustainability of the energy "budget' and the ultimate products .
0 Replies