A2k Fantasy Baseball - 2014 Version

Ragman

Reply Sun 23 Mar, 2014 08:26 am
@realjohnboy,
Something seems off not just different than last year. As you just wrote, the season has already started (earlier?) down-under but the interface seems not to recognize this so we can put people on BN or DL. Interface wasn't showing the distinction of what is the start of the season game and what are meaningless pre-season games.

Also it's not updating the games that have been played or have I picked the wrong screen?
realjohnboy

Reply Sun 23 Mar, 2014 08:42 am
@Ragman,
I eventually figured out what is going on. I clicked on My Team and kept scrolling through the dates. I was perplexed at my not being able to see whether my guys were scheduled to play a game (or be the SP) on a given day...until I got to 3/31.
I guess I didn't get the memo about that being the start of Week #1. We are still in Spring training until then.
Ragman

Reply Sun 23 Mar, 2014 08:50 am
@realjohnboy,
So is what you're saying is we've got to change the date to advance the calendar manually? Am I on the wrong screen?

I'm seeing a distinction in how the interface functionally doesn't update in at or near real time...th current week vs last year's interface.
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Sun 23 Mar, 2014 09:45 am
@realjohnboy,
I looked it up and Mar 31 was the day.

All my quibbles of the last few posts are resolved. Nuttin' like a little patience.
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Mon 24 Mar, 2014 01:35 pm
@Ticomaya,
Can we get a consensus on this only-six-players can be changed in a week? I'm sure that last year we/Rhys changed it..
0 Replies

McGentrix

Reply Mon 24 Mar, 2014 01:37 pm
That's a lot of players to be swapped. Almost 1 a day. You know that is drop/add right? Not OF to OF or SP to SP.
ossobuco

Reply Mon 24 Mar, 2014 01:51 pm
@McGentrix,
Yes, I know. I'd have to look back - which sounds like work. I rarely do that many but I think I've gotten up to five or six when I'm team-disgusted and then go do a lot of research and achieve a whole new team look. Some of those choices turned out well..

Just in the last few days I put three guys on waivers and then changed my mind and put them back in place and then put two more on waivers. So the total was only two, but I can imagine sometime wanting to actually do a bunch.

0 Replies

Ticomaya

Reply Mon 24 Mar, 2014 05:19 pm
@realjohnboy,
realjohnboy wrote:
I was under the impression that the MLB season started this weekend. I guess it did in Oz but we evidently don't start week #1 of our Fantasy thing for another half a fortnight.

Then why is McG currently beating me 14-2???
realjohnboy

Reply Mon 24 Mar, 2014 05:53 pm
@Ticomaya,
He's just practicing for the whipping we intend to give you once the season starts.
Notice that Rhys and I are not engaged in this childish foreplay to the season which starts 3/31.
McGentrix

Reply Mon 24 Mar, 2014 06:02 pm
@Ticomaya,
Ticomaya wrote:

realjohnboy wrote:
I was under the impression that the MLB season started this weekend. I guess it did in Oz but we evidently don't start week #1 of our Fantasy thing for another half a fortnight.

Then why is McG currently beating me 14-2???

So you can get used to it...
Ticomaya

Reply Mon 24 Mar, 2014 08:25 pm
@realjohnboy,
realjohnboy wrote:
Notice that Rhys and I are not engaged in this childish foreplay to the season which starts 3/31.

That's because you both had the foresight to not draft any Dodgers or D-Backs.

The League Page currently says "Week 1 - In Progress"
Ticomaya

Reply Mon 24 Mar, 2014 08:26 pm
@McGentrix,
McGentrix wrote:
So you can get used to it...

My current BA is .176 ... and yet it's better than your BA.

How's that taste?
McGentrix

Reply Mon 24 Mar, 2014 10:13 pm
@Ticomaya,
Bitter.
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Tue 25 Mar, 2014 08:50 am
@Ticomaya,
Strange, very strange. Will this week end up counting?

So, is everyone fine with the max 6 changes a week thing? Tico brought it up saying what the heck is going on with that, I agreed with him, I said I remembered that we got that changed last year, McG is fine with it - what about the rest of you?
ossobuco

Reply Sun 30 Mar, 2014 08:35 pm
I finally figured out that the season did start last week. The next surprise was that there is a game going on right now. I might just have a lame-o week if I don't start looking sharp.
0 Replies

Ticomaya

Reply Sun 30 Mar, 2014 09:26 pm
@ossobuco,
ossobuco wrote:
So, is everyone fine with the max 6 changes a week thing?

No.

I've used 6 of 6 changes, and would like to make a couple more today, but cannot.
ossobuco

Reply Sun 30 Mar, 2014 09:35 pm
@Ticomaya,
I agree, as I said earlier. Wonder if we're the only ones..
0 Replies

fbaezer

Reply Sun 30 Mar, 2014 11:17 pm
My pitching stats

0 innings pitched
0 wins
1 loss
0 strikeouts
Infinite ERA
Infinite WHIP
0 holds
0 saves
1 blown save

Thank you, Brian Wilson!
Ticomaya

Reply Mon 31 Mar, 2014 12:14 am
@fbaezer,
Well ... on the bright side, you don't get charged for the error he committed.
0 Replies

Ragman

Reply Mon 31 Mar, 2014 03:30 am
@ossobuco,
6 changes zre not enough, frankly