A2k Fantasy Baseball - 2014 Version

ossobuco

Reply Sun 16 Mar, 2014 05:36 pm
@McGentrix,
Solid points. Now that I read them, I agree with you.
Ticomaya

Reply Sun 16 Mar, 2014 09:21 pm
I have returned from the frigid nether regions of the US, and have rejoined the warm bodies here in Paradise.

As far as I'm aware, Toto survived my trip.

If someone would be so kind to PM me the URL, I would like to join this little venture that's been proposed. (Thank you Rocky for pointing it out to me)

realjohnboy

Reply Sun 16 Mar, 2014 09:49 pm
@ossobuco,
I sent the suggestions that McGentrix made on to Rhys earlier in the week. I believe all of the changes have been made.
0 Replies

Ticomaya

Reply Mon 17 Mar, 2014 10:35 am
@Ticomaya,
Ticomaya wrote:
If someone would be so kind to PM me the URL, I would like to join this little venture that's been proposed. (Thank you Rocky for pointing it out to me)

<tap, tap, tap>

Hello? Is this thing on?

http://i.imgur.com/OIllO3B.gif

Rockhead

Reply Mon 17 Mar, 2014 11:05 am
@Ticomaya,
maybe they changed their mind...
Ticomaya

Reply Mon 17 Mar, 2014 11:14 am
@Rockhead,
They may have changed their minds, but I have foiled their plans.

They are clearly cowering in fear of ....... the mighty Ticomaniacs!!!!

http://img246.imageshack.us/img246/1029/arnoldbat1ca.jpg
realjohnboy

Reply Mon 17 Mar, 2014 12:29 pm
@Ticomaya,
My computer shows that I sent Tico an email invite at 11:44 pm ET last night.
We are certainly happy to have him join...because it gets us up to an even number!
Ticomaya

Reply Mon 17 Mar, 2014 02:14 pm
@realjohnboy,
Oh ... email. I don't always check my email unless I'm pointed in that general direction.
0 Replies

McGentrix

Reply Mon 17 Mar, 2014 04:19 pm
I notice we have 2 "Util" positions receiving points. Is that new? Make second catcher a "util" position and ditch 1 C and 1 Util? Seems odd scoring 12 players on Def.
realjohnboy

Reply Mon 17 Mar, 2014 04:35 pm
@McGentrix,
You probably have a point. I would suggest that you go to our league site on Yahoo and email Rhys directly with your concern. I, for one, have no problem with any last minute tweaking.
ossobuco

Reply Mon 17 Mar, 2014 05:30 pm
@realjohnboy,
Do I remember we used to have two at utility? I think so and I sort of like that, as any batter can utilize/act some way, one way or another, whereas even fab catchers are off a lot of the time.
0 Replies

Ticomaya

Reply Mon 17 Mar, 2014 07:23 pm
@McGentrix,
McGentrix wrote:
I notice we have 2 "Util" positions receiving points. Is that new? Make second catcher a "util" position and ditch 1 C and 1 Util? Seems odd scoring 12 players on Def.

Last year we had the following settings:

Roster Positions: C, 1B, 2B, 3B, SS, OF, OF, OF, Util, Util, SP, SP, RP, RP, P, P, P, P, BN, BN, BN, BN, BN, DL, DL, NA

Batters Stat Categories: Runs (R), Doubles (2B), Home Runs (HR), Runs Batted In (RBI), Stolen Bases (SB), Caught Stealing (CS), Walks (BB), Strikeouts (K), Batting Average (AVG)

Pitchers Stat Categories: Innings Pitched (IP), Wins (W), Losses (L), Complete Games (CG), Shutouts (SHO), Saves (SV), Walks (BB), Strikeouts (K), Holds (HLD), Earned Run Average (ERA), (Walks + Hits)/ Innings Pitched (WHIP), Blown Saves (BSV)
ossobuco

Reply Mon 17 Mar, 2014 07:29 pm
@Ticomaya,
I liked that, for what it's worth (1/10).
0 Replies

Ragman

Reply Mon 17 Mar, 2014 07:33 pm
@Ticomaya,
I liked how the config of how it worked last year. Seemed to flow pretty well.
George

Reply Tue 18 Mar, 2014 10:24 am
@Ragman,
Me too.
0 Replies

George

Reply Fri 21 Mar, 2014 04:24 pm
Ready to draft?
I'm woefully unprepared.
ossobuco

Reply Fri 21 Mar, 2014 04:29 pm
@George,
I'm ready. Since I don't have adobe flash (computer too old to update), I'm hoping they'll use my My Players list - or I'll be skunked. They did in the last football fantasy draft, so I figure it'll be ok. Else I'll have to pick players anew from the dregs. But, the dregs work out sometimes.
Ragman

Reply Fri 21 Mar, 2014 04:36 pm
@ossobuco,
Same here for me. I hope the timing is right. I'll be out with family at 8pm ET. ...celebrating out relatively speaking good states of health and togetherness. Out-of-state niece with her fiancé visiting.
ossobuco

Reply Fri 21 Mar, 2014 04:38 pm
@Ragman,
Have fun, Rags et family.
Ticomaya

Reply Fri 21 Mar, 2014 05:30 pm
@George,
George wrote:
I'm woefully unprepared.

Me too!

Plus, I'll be distracted with the WSU game going on. Might be letting the computer do the heavy lifting, depending on score and situation. I've tweaked my pre-draft rankings, as usual. Blindly, for the most part. Looking forward to the season's start!

Wichita State looking strong early on. Hopefully they have a big lead in 45 minutes.