Another computers driven end of the world date

BillRM

Reply Thu 6 Mar, 2014 04:25 pm
First we have Jan 01, 2000 where our main frame computers systems will all stop working due to COBOL language date roll over issue and now we will have 30 percents of all desktops computers being taken over by hackers after April 7, 2014 due to Microsoft stopping issuing security patches for XP.

No planes fell out of the sky due to the roll over issue in 2000 and hackers will not be able to seize control of all XP computer after 4-7-2014.

My currently running three XP computers are all using the constantly up to date Chrome browsers to access the internet, behind the router and the XP firewall and the Chrome browsers are wall off from the rest of the computers systems by the free software sandboxie and running under reduce rights.

It is regrettable that Microsoft in order to try to force the sale of junk ware such as windows 8 is stopping patching the XP OS but hackers are not going to be able to take over all the XPs computers as a result any more then all the main frames stopped working Jan 01, 2000 resulting in the end of the world.

• Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 2,571 • Replies: 2
No top replies

BillRM

Reply Thu 6 Mar, 2014 06:49 pm
@BillRM,
I was just reading how some universities and other networks will start not even allowing xp machines to access the internet by ways of their networks and it took me all of four minutes to download and install a spoofer that allow me to appear like any kind of device such as a IPAD or a window phone or a mac computer.

Love the internet....................
0 Replies

oralloy

Reply Tue 11 Mar, 2014 12:45 am
@BillRM,
BillRM wrote:
It is regrettable that Microsoft in order to try to force the sale of junk ware such as windows 8 is stopping patching the XP OS

I don't agree that Windows 8 is junk ware.

I upgraded to Windows 8 awhile ago because of the pending doom of XP.

Note: http://able2know.org/topic/196219-2#post-5173196

I am very happy with Windows 8. I won't say it never crashes, but crashes are certainly few and far between. And the operating system is lightweight and extremely nimble.

I've never been one to gripe about how long it takes a computer to load the operating system when the computer starts, but I have to say I am in awe of how quickly Windows 8 loads. It only takes about 20 seconds for the computer to be all ready to go once the power is switched on.

I really don't get why people don't like it. Yes, things are organized a bit differently, but it isn't as if it was hard to figure out the new layout.
0 Replies