combo single-pole illuminated light switch + receptacle

Reply Tue 4 Mar, 2014 11:34 pm
I have installed a combo single-pole light switch, receptacle and pilot light. What I really want is a night light, or an illuminated switch with a simple neon peanut bulb, which illuminates when the switch is OFF, and extinguishes when the switch is ON. Does that exist? I can't find one. Just more of the same: pilot lights, no illuminated switches/receptacle combos. It's not very helpful to have the pilot light come on with the ceiling fixture only three feet away!

Thanks!

Bill
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 1 • Views: 1,783 • Replies: 3
No top replies

kbeitz

Reply Thu 2 Oct, 2014 05:01 pm
@upthereinthesky,
By just wireing the light across the switch will make it come on when the switch is off...
0 Replies

Woodworker766

Reply Mon 6 Oct, 2014 08:11 pm
@upthereinthesky,
There are actually quite a few of them. Do a Google search on a Cooper TR274W-SP-L combo switch/outlet. Most of the reviews don't seem to mention it but there is a small red LED (easily visible in any pic) that lights when the switch is in the OFF position.

It's LED as opposed to neon but... it meets all of your other requirements. That particular model happens to be in White but the same setup is made in Almond and Ivory too. Just replace the "W" in the model number with a "A" for Almond or a "V" for Ivory.
0 Replies

vote

Reply Mon 21 Sep, 2015 09:13 pm
I need a single pole switch with pilot light when on and with a non GFI receptacle to fit a single gain box. I have one in my home and would like more. You would think that is not to much to ask but yet I can't find them anywhere. Some help would be appreciated. Thank you. Steve
0 Replies