Relinquishing parental rights

pitario

Sun 2 Mar, 2014 06:43 pm
Could someone please explain what this means and how it happens. I continue to hear/read conflicting information.

Thank you

jespah

Sun 2 Mar, 2014 06:53 pm
@pitario,
You're probably hearing conflicting info because (a) laws differ from state to state and country to country and (b) the people giving you info may not be lawyers, actually versed in what truly happens. They might be offering up their own anecdotal information, which may or may not apply.

Have you actually spoken with an attorney about this? If you haven't, you should. This is big time, if you're going to give up rights to your kid, and you need an expert to handle it and help keep you from potentially signing away rights where you might regret that later.
glitterbag

Sun 2 Mar, 2014 07:19 pm
@jespah,
Jespah is correct. Parents who sign away their rights may find it impossible to have them returned. I don't know what your situation is, but if this is something you are considering, get some counseling, the welfare of the child is paramount.
pitario

Mon 3 Mar, 2014 06:43 am
@glitterbag,
I am not looking to sign my parental rights away. I am trying to figure out if my daughters father did this 13 years ago. I will consult a lawyer. Thank you.
glitterbag

Mon 3 Mar, 2014 12:19 pm
@pitario,
I'm sorry about your situation. I hope you get the best possible outcome. Good luck.
pitario

Mon 3 Mar, 2014 01:20 pm
@glitterbag,
Thanks glitterbag. It is a very complicated situation. As long as my daughter is happy, I'm happy.
0 Replies

thanes1

Sun 1 Jun, 2014 09:12 am
i can only imagine your situation Sad
0 Replies