Plan 9 From Outer Space and Dick Cheney

Equus

Reply Sun 25 Apr, 2004 02:42 pm
Yesterday I went to a special showing of "Plan 9 From Outer Space", alleged by many to be the worst movie ever made.

According to the credits, the person in charge of costumes was Dick Cheney. No fooling.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 1,981 • Replies: 26
No top replies

Lightwizard

Reply Sun 25 Apr, 2004 02:58 pm
He is a quick change artist.
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Sun 25 Apr, 2004 03:05 pm
hnh.
0 Replies

Individual

Reply Sun 25 Apr, 2004 04:13 pm
I always thought that the coarseness of the movie was intentional. In fact, it really made the movie hilarious.
0 Replies

Lightwizard

Reply Sun 25 Apr, 2004 04:54 pm
Much more fun to watch "Ed Wood" with possibly Johnny Depp's best performance as the worst director of all time. I met Ed Wood at a Hollywood Sci-Fi convention in the 50's. He was outre to say the least.
0 Replies

satt fs

Reply Sun 25 Apr, 2004 05:22 pm
Wasn't Dick Cheney an actor?
0 Replies

Lightwizard

Reply Sun 25 Apr, 2004 06:02 pm
Yes, he does a brilliant covert energy meeting leader.
0 Replies

satt fs

Reply Sun 25 Apr, 2004 07:25 pm
With his real name.
0 Replies

Lightwizard

Reply Sun 25 Apr, 2004 09:17 pm
I thought his screen name was Tammany Hall.
0 Replies

suzy

Reply Mon 26 Apr, 2004 09:28 am
Smile
0 Replies

Brandon9000

Reply Tue 27 Apr, 2004 09:19 am
Actually, that is Dick Cheney the vice president. He does not often advertise that he was in the film industry as a young man. He spent 14 years in all aspects of the ultra low budget film industry. He was the costume guy in "Plan 9," but was more often involved as a producer, in casting, and even played the leader of aliens set on taking over the Earth in "X - The Unknown." His career in politics began quite accidentally, when he met Donald Rumsfeld at a party in New York in 1973, and impressed him with his intelligence and insight into current events. In one way or another, Mr. Cheney was involved in about 220 low budget movies, most of them horror movies. Okay, so I have an overactive imagination, but it could have happened this way.
0 Replies

Lightwizard

Reply Tue 27 Apr, 2004 10:18 am
He's still in costuming -- pulling the wool over one's eyes.
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Tue 27 Apr, 2004 10:22 am
One of my favorite parts of Plan 9 is when they dangle the hub cap from an all too visible string, flaming (no doubt from a liberal application of lighter fluid) and use it as a "cut scene" to the "burning flying saucer." Kinda reminds me of the effectiveness of most of the neo-con agenda . . .
0 Replies

Dartagnan

Reply Tue 27 Apr, 2004 10:24 am
Brandon9000 wrote:
Actually, that is Dick Cheney the vice president. He does not often advertise that he was in the film industry as a young man. He spent 14 years in all aspects of the ultra low budget film industry. He was the costume guy in "Plan 9," but was more often involved as a producer, in casting, and even played the leader of aliens set on taking over the Earth in "X - The Unknown." His career in politics began quite accidentally, when he met Donald Rumsfeld at a party in New York in 1973, and impressed him with his intelligence and insight into current events. In one way or another, Mr. Cheney was involved in about 220 low budget movies, most of them horror movies. Okay, so I have an overactive imagination, but it could have happened this way.

That's terrific, Brandon--you had me going there for a while. I thought, "Jeez, I don't recall hearing any of this before, but it sounds so plausible and detailed..." Sure makes the man seem more interesting, rather than the obsessed wonk he really is!
0 Replies

Lightwizard

Reply Tue 27 Apr, 2004 10:50 am
Those were actually paper pie plates and soup bowls painted with silver paint, and then set on fire, Setanta.

And, yes, it does remind me of the paperthin neo-con rhetoric.

Cheney's speech making is a drone very similar to Tor Johnson's grunting and he even manages to emulate his body language.
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Tue 27 Apr, 2004 10:53 am
You know, we might be better off if Ed Wood were president . . . we'd certainly be better entertained . . .
0 Replies

Lightwizard

Reply Tue 27 Apr, 2004 10:57 am
I worked as a volunteer for Project Blue Book's scanning the skies network in LA along with some of my Cal Tech buddies in the 1950's. Several faked UFO photos were, in fact, hubcaps.
0 Replies

Equus

Reply Wed 28 Apr, 2004 12:18 pm
You realize of course, that the alien fleet may be disguised to look like hubcaps and silver-painted paper plates ON PURPOSE so we'll disbelieve them.
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Wed 28 Apr, 2004 12:21 pm
There's a sucker born every minute--and two born to take advantage of him.

Equus, i'd like to introduce you to a couple of gentlemen from the Alien Visitation Industry . . .
0 Replies

Brandon9000

Reply Wed 28 Apr, 2004 12:56 pm
The government knows the aliens are here, but conceals the fact from the general public, because a wealthy syndicate of investors is making billions selling out mankind to them. I demand an immediate investigation by an independent panel.
0 Replies