add light fixture to already existing fan light with switch at end of run

Reply Thu 27 Feb, 2014 07:56 pm
Hello
I have power (R,B,W wiring) entering my fan / light and it is controlled by fan/light switch at end of run....with (R,W,B wiring). I want to add a light fixture before the fan / light and have it controlled by the light part of my light / fan switch at the end of the run. Can this be done?
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 1 • Views: 1,347 • Replies: 5
No top replies

Wilso

Reply Thu 27 Feb, 2014 11:20 pm
I don't know what R,B,W means. What country are you in? If it was an Australian installation, I'd be saying yes, but it's got nothing to do with the position if the run. I'd just be putting another lamp, in parallel to the existing one, in what ever position I wanted it. Would this adhere to the rules where you are? I don't know. One of the problems with asking trade questions, is that if you aren't a tradesman, then you're not using terminology that tradesmen have been using their whole working lives.
roger

Reply Thu 27 Feb, 2014 11:27 pm
@Wilso,
I think that's Red, Black, White.
Wilso

Reply Fri 28 Feb, 2014 12:02 am
@roger,
roger wrote:

I think that's Red, Black, White.

In which case it's a wiring set up I'm not familiar with, such that the the OP should ignore what I wrote.
0 Replies

trying2learn

Reply Fri 28 Feb, 2014 12:51 am
@bob marquis,
I recently did this myself. What I will write is in doubt contact an electrician.

Did someone miss the ground wire?
Wilso

Reply Fri 28 Feb, 2014 01:03 am
@trying2learn,
trying2learn wrote:

Did someone miss the ground wire?

That's the part that throws me off.
0 Replies