Suggestion after suggested suggestions

Reply Thu 27 Feb, 2014 12:20 pm
Buy now encountering entire pages of "Topic voted down (view)" so wondering if any action pending
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 3 • Views: 1,483 • Replies: 5
No top replies

Butrflynet

Reply Thu 27 Feb, 2014 12:54 pm
@dalehileman,
You can filter all topics with a specific tag.

For instance, you can block all topics with the tag word games or politics or relationships or revisited. How do you do this?

1. Click on the new posts link.

2. Locate and click on the Filter Noise link located under the words New Posts in the upper left side of the new posts list.

3. Click on a tag to navigate to the forum list of topics with that tag, I.e. Politics.

4. On the forum list for that tag, I.e., Politics, click on the Remove Forum link in green. It is located in the upper right portion of the page. This toggles between Remove Forum and Add Forum when clicked.

5. Repeat the process for each tag word you want filtered from your view.

6. When the Filter Noise option is in use, all topics with the tag you Removed from display will no longer be included in your topic lists. To temporarily reverse this, click the All Topics link rather than the Filter Noise link on the New Posts page.

dalehileman

Reply Thu 27 Feb, 2014 01:11 pm
@Butrflynet,
Why thank you But, it's refreshing to learn how helpful so many hereabout

I gather however that the method you prescribe being dependent upon tag, doesn't quite meet the requirements of this old geezer on the verge of Alz's

Meantime hoping others who have experienced like accretions but with closer ties to our Administrative Establishment might plead on our behalf. I readily concede a2k refit especially difficult for reasons already thoroughly rehashed, but given the slightest possibility I'd place this particular topic toward the very top

Again thank you But for your valiant contribution
Butrflynet

Reply Thu 27 Feb, 2014 04:46 pm
@dalehileman,
Why don't you try it before deciding it doesn't meet your needs. It is exactly what will solve the problem of all those pages of collapsed topics.
dalehileman

Reply Thu 27 Feb, 2014 04:59 pm
@Butrflynet,
Quote:
It is exactly what will solve the problem
Not exactly, as I seldom if ever categorize by tag but But again thanks for the suggestion
Butrflynet

Reply Thu 27 Feb, 2014 05:02 pm
@dalehileman,
So none of the posts you've thumbed down have been tagged by anyone and fall into generic subject categories?

Even if just some of them do, that will reduce the number of pages of collapsed topics.
0 Replies