Where can I buy Henna???

Reply Sat 24 Apr, 2004 08:23 pm
I have been reading about it and would really like to try my hand at it.....but have no clue where to purchase the Henna from... Confused
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 2,253 • Replies: 7
No top replies

Charli

Reply Sat 24 Apr, 2004 09:03 pm
Do you mean henna powder?
Do you mean henna powder? The one used to color hair? If so, try the beauty supply stores such as Sally Beauty Supply (nationwide). Or on the Web at http://www.sallybeauty.com

No, I just checked that web site. Sally's doesn't have it. Try a search on Google.
0 Replies

tell me why

Reply Sat 24 Apr, 2004 09:33 pm
You can use it to color hair too, yes. But I was hoping to find it offfline, if possible.... some of the henna powder being sold these days isn't pure and safe.... thanks anywayz!
0 Replies

hail

Reply Sun 25 Apr, 2004 04:26 am
Henna is used for both hair and body ..... it is used by women in arab world espacially in the gulf and india too........... it is really nice to apply it in the special occasions such as weddings ..... i actully don't know where can you buy it ... but i liked to give you some informations about it .....
0 Replies

farmerman

Reply Sun 25 Apr, 2004 05:30 am
contact dermatitis is common from the PPD in a manufactured dye.

http://www.cmoondesigns.com/cmoon_blackhenna.html
0 Replies

BumbleBeeBoogie

Reply Sun 25 Apr, 2004 09:23 am
tell-me-why
tell-me-why, this site offers pure henna:

http://www.xkms.org/CosmeticMall.com-1/Avigal-Henna-Hair-Color-Natural.htm
0 Replies

Portal Star

Reply Sun 25 Apr, 2004 10:46 am
I'd ask a local Indian-owned store. They should know. They also sell "kits" at the bookstore, with instructions and henna that is not the best but an okay place to start from.
0 Replies

Vivien

Reply Sun 25 Apr, 2004 11:43 am
have you any asian (Indian) shops? or temples? they would be able to help you.

I live in a city with a very very high Asian population and it is easily bought here.

Did you want it for hair colouring or skin painting?

if for the patterns that are painted on hands and feet for weddings and events, it is bought as dried leaves and mixed with boiling water and the cooled paste is painted on in the appropriate design is painted on with a stick or applied with a tinymhome made icing bag sort of thing. For special events and long lasting-ness it is left on overnight or for several hours.

I have done it with children in the past when i worked at a primary school - for Diwali, the FEstival of Light
0 Replies