refrigerator help?

ccljnn

Reply Fri 23 Apr, 2004 03:07 pm
Water has been collecting on the bottom of the interior of my fridge; it builds up under the produce drawers. It's a frost-free. Is it not draining properly? What can I do?

Thanks,

George
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 915 • Replies: 4
No top replies

Craven de Kere

Reply Fri 23 Apr, 2004 03:16 pm
Welcome to A2K!

I'm not an expert in this type of thing but I will note that seals on the door can cause this if they are damaged. Sometimes there's just too much condensation.

That's probably not what the problem is in your case but it should be pretty easy to see if your fridge is closing correctly.
0 Replies

cjhsa

Reply Fri 23 Apr, 2004 03:29 pm
I found some good info here:

http://www.411homerepair.com/ideas/Appliance_Repair/Refrigerator_Repair.shtml#Level1_8
0 Replies

ccljnn

Reply Fri 23 Apr, 2004 03:48 pm
Thanks for the quick replies. I'll check the seal and see if the drain is clogged.
0 Replies

au1929

Reply Fri 23 Apr, 2004 03:48 pm
This may be your problem it was mine. You will note that there a drain where the water is supposed to drain out of the refrigerator. At times the drain gets clogged. Clean out that which can be seen and than push a thin wire down the drain to clear it.
0 Replies