First Openly Gay (almost) NFL Player

Reply Thu 13 Feb, 2014 08:29 pm
http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap2000000324603/article/michael-sam-nfl-draft-prospect-announces-hes-gay

Will he be drafted? Or will he be pushed aside?

Many of the arguments are that it will be awkward in the locker room. I could see how that might be. I would feel awfully funny if I was naked and some guys came in to shower next to me, which is in essence what this is. But honestly, do the NFL players even shower there, or next to each other? Being in your undies wouldn't even come close...bathing suits are smaller.

And how did his team mates at U of M feel? I don't think they cared since they knew about it for at least a year and nothing came of it (such as violence or harassment). In fact, it seems that the school and the team fully support him. So obviously guys think differently than girls when it comes to this.

Do you think that the NFL will use the argument of awkwardness in the locker room to keep him out? Is there any other argument you could think of they could use? Or will a team say "**** it" and draft him right away? He's a great player with great potential.

And in reality, there have to be gay players in the NFL today. Statistically speaking, it would have to be so. And to date I can't think of one story about a dude getting up and funny on another dude.

If you are a man, would you be ok with him in your locker room?

I sincerely hope he gets to fulfill his dream.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 2 • Views: 1,287 • Replies: 3
No top replies

ehBeth

Reply Thu 13 Feb, 2014 08:34 pm
@Bella Dea,
Bella Dea wrote:
I would feel awfully funny if I was naked and some guys came in to shower next to me, which is in essence what this is.

it's amazing how quickly you can adjust to this

when I was in university I lived in a housing cooperative. at one point I was sent to Ann Arbor for a housing co-op conference. we stayed at the local co-op - big facility like a university dorm. co-ed showers. It took about 10 minutes to be cool with it. people are there to get clean - not to ogle and stare.
chai2

Reply Thu 13 Feb, 2014 08:36 pm
@Bella Dea,
Bella Dea wrote:

Many of the arguments are that it will be awkward in the locker room. I could see how that might be. I would feel awfully funny if I was naked and some guys came in to shower next to me, which is in essence what this is.

I'm not following you. Are you saying you would be aroused, or the men around you, or both?

I'm thinking it would be more like if I were a lesbian, and a bunch of women were showering with me.
0 Replies

chai2

Reply Thu 13 Feb, 2014 08:37 pm
@ehBeth,
agreeing with you ehbeth.

However, do you think it's a necessary step in a spiritual walk?

0 Replies