Reciebed a Civil Summons from NC, I live in Mo...

Reply Thu 13 Feb, 2014 04:40 pm
MY ex wife in North Carolina, who oft times has mental lapses of reality because of heavy medication had filed a Domestic Violence Civil summon on me, claiming I broke her roof and Washing machine......I have not been back in NC since I left pending a divorce over 4 years ago, and have lived in Missouri since. She has accused me on several occassions of spying on her, and invading her house long after I left the area. I pay her support religiously, pay for her house and insurance, when she needs a appliance or help I give her additional financial assistance. But her medicaltions oftimes create delusions and paranoia. I dont want to go back to NC to deal with this. I recieved the first summons today, and the paper work showed that is was already past the court date. Do I wait for another summons...I cant get anyone in the system down there to listen to reason and i cant afford a lawyer, I am a 70 year old man, semi invalid, with no record od disturbance or violence,,,,This is riduculas... This is either libalous harrassment or a mental delusion.....Any advise???

tsarstepan

Reply Thu 13 Feb, 2014 04:46 pm
@fredjmoore,
Quote:
and i cant afford a lawyer, I am a 70 year old man, semi invalid, with no record od disturbance or violence

Regardless. Get a lawyer by using a free legal service in your area.
http://www.legal-aid.org/en/las/findus/locations.aspx
0 Replies

jespah

Reply Thu 13 Feb, 2014 04:51 pm
@fredjmoore,
To add to tsarstepan's great advice, contact the AARP (I don't think you need to be a member) and ask them if they know of low-cost legal services as you might be able to get a better rate because you're a senior.
0 Replies