You won the powerball lottery.

Misti26

Reply Sat 28 Dec, 2002 10:52 pm
Good point eoe, but how much is enough? They say you never feel you have enough, now that's sad!
0 Replies

eoe

Reply Sat 28 Dec, 2002 11:04 pm
That's very sad, indeed. But he says that he'll give alot of it away to his church, rehire laid off workers, in other words, he intends to do good and help others and that's very admirable. I'd be curious to hear how true to his word he's remained six months or a year from now, tho.
0 Replies

Misti26

Reply Sat 28 Dec, 2002 11:13 pm
eoe, I agree with you.

If he is a millionaire or was one before winning the lottery, why did he have to lay off workers?

It should be interesting to see if he will do as he says ... I wish there was someplace we could check up on these people
0 Replies

au1929

Reply Sun 29 Dec, 2002 09:27 am
He was a businessman who as in any other business lays off workers when business is slow. As for why he bought a ticket. Did you ever know anyone who was satisfied with what they had and didn't want more? That you must remember is how financial empires are built.
0 Replies

eoe

Reply Sun 29 Dec, 2002 11:05 am
I guess there's a first time for everything but au1929, I've never before heard of a millionaire boosting his financial empire with lotto winnings. When you've got that kind of money, there are other ways to make more money.
0 Replies

au1929

Reply Sun 29 Dec, 2002 11:29 am
It is my understanding he wants to help his laid off employees with his new found wealth by expanding his business.. The idea being he will expand it by buying another company. At least that is what I have been given to understand.
0 Replies

eoe

Reply Sun 29 Dec, 2002 02:02 pm
That would be the way to do it, huh? Everybody wins. He's in a small town, wonder if he'll boost the local economy there somehow? That would be great.
I heard last week about a small town for sale. Think it was on the east coast. Did anyone else hear about it? How cool would it be to buy a town? A real-life SimCity.
0 Replies

Jo222

Reply Fri 12 Sep, 2003 11:47 pm
I play lotteries every week
Hey guys sorry this is not an advertisement or anything, Just asking if anyone is interested in joining the syndicate club, it's a syndicate where we play the lotteries every week for a much cheaper price or even at no direct cost, and there's also the business side to it that you can build on for your future to financial freedom.
Email me at Edit (Moderator): EMAIL REMOVED, of COURSE it is an advertisement! if you're interested.
Cheers
0 Replies

SealPoet

Reply Sat 13 Sep, 2003 07:02 am
S'anyway, every once in a while we'll buy a ticket to a big jackpot lottery just to play this game of what would we do with the money.

MapleLeaf is, unfortunately, correct. big jackpots end up causing more misery than happiness in the long run...

but...

Lessee... This old house... do it up right, and right away, instead of spreading the renovation over the next umpteen years. There's a big old manse near the adjacent ancestral summer home (had pased out of relation's hands several years ago...) that's on the block for a cool $7.5mill... gotta have that. Old cars, a sailboat. I don't ask for much.

Quit my job! Yes! Invest in collecting pinball machines. JJ's Perfect Pinball Palace. Leasing classically restored beauties for rich folk's playrooms... swapping them out on a monthly or bimonthly basis so said rich folk get to look at a fresh machine every once in a while... And of course a string of high class arcades in major metropolitan areas...

The bulk of the vast fortune goes into savings/investments. Read too many stories of winners who blow the entire wad, and having quit their jobs, have no income. Yeah, take care of the kid's futures to an extent (don't want to spoil 'em.)

And charities to be determined. What I wouldn't give to be a Patron of The Arts...

But... but... but...

Do I HAVE to have my picture taken with Ed McMahon?
0 Replies

Eva

Reply Sat 13 Sep, 2003 10:28 am
No, no, of course not, SealPoet. I'll handle all the publicity for you.

For a fee, of course.

Wink
0 Replies