How the real people feel about Obama

cicerone imposter

Reply Thu 17 Apr, 2014 09:07 pm
@Rickoshay75,
His speeches don't mean jack shyt! He continued torture of prisoners, the NSA, Abugarib, Gitmo, sent 50,000 more troops to Afghanistan, and has the authority to imprison any American he identifies as a terrorist. As a Constitutional Lawyer, he failed that test.

Do you understand how many vets come back with health issues that are not ever taken care of? Many commit suicide. NO EXCUSE for president Obama to let such things happen!

You can trust him, but I don't.

I wrote to him to lift the embargo against Cuba. He wrote back and told me he can't because the Cuban people do not have freedoms. That's the biggest bull shyt he could have answered. We trade with Russia, China, and Vietnam.

Get your head out of your ass; I've given him credit where he deserves it. That's if you've been reading my posts for the past 15 years.
Finn dAbuzz

Reply Thu 17 Apr, 2014 09:37 pm
@Rickoshay75,
This is rich: Someone accusing uber-liberal CI of being a racist because he doesn't swoon over Obama.

It is also a great demonstration of the intellectual dishonesty of the Obamaphiles crying "racist!"

Apparently whether you come at it from the right or the left, if you don't worship the Big O, it must be because he's black.

Ha!

0 Replies

Finn dAbuzz

Reply Thu 17 Apr, 2014 09:39 pm
@cicerone imposter,
cicerone imposter wrote:

I wrote to him to lift the embargo against Cuba. He wrote back and told me he can't because the Cuban people do not have freedoms.

You don't seriously believe that he wrote you back, do you?
Advocate

Reply Fri 18 Apr, 2014 01:22 pm
@cicerone imposter,
cicerone imposter wrote:

His speeches don't mean jack shyt! He continued torture of prisoners, the NSA, Abugarib, Gitmo, sent 50,000 more troops to Afghanistan, and has the authority to imprison any American he identifies as a terrorist. As a Constitutional Lawyer, he failed that test.

Do you understand how many vets come back with health issues that are not ever taken care of? Many commit suicide. NO EXCUSE for president Obama to let such things happen!

You can trust him, but I don't.

I wrote to him to lift the embargo against Cuba. He wrote back and told me he can't because the Cuban people do not have freedoms. That's the biggest bull shyt he could have answered. We trade with Russia, China, and Vietnam.

Get your head out of your ass; I've given him credit where he deserves it. That's if you've been reading my posts for the past 15 years.

Obama is doing a fabulous job and is going to go down in history as one of our very best presidents. And this is despite that fact that the leaders on the right have decreed that there shall be no cooperation with Obama and the Dems. The passage of the critically-needed ACA is a great accomplishment.

He got us out of Iraq, and is moving quickly to get us out of Afghanistan. He is not torturing, and does not confine Americans who have not broken laws. He did a surge in Afghanistan when his generals incorrectly told him that this would win the war in Afghanistan. The Taliban are vicious and O's efforts, which failed, were justified.

For political reasons, O cannot press a button that will instantly change our course vis-a-vis Cuba. This is despite your letter to Obama.

What the NSA was doing was a continuation of bad practices over decades. You cannot just hang it on Obama.

There are literally millions of vets making claims. This not something that O can solve in a short period of time.
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Reply Sat 19 Apr, 2014 11:48 am
@Finn dAbuzz,
No, but the response was a direct answer to my suggestion. He has to be responsible for any response provided by the government when addressed to the president.

Try this link; http://www.whitehouse.gov/contact
What he's 'promoting' with this open address isn't what he promotes it to be.

It shows he doesn't give a shyt.
Rickoshay75

Reply Sat 19 Apr, 2014 01:36 pm
@Setanta,
I get an image of Rickoshay with his fingers in his ears saying: "La-la-la-la, i can't hear you." >>

Takes one to tell one.
0 Replies

Finn dAbuzz

Reply Sat 19 Apr, 2014 04:22 pm
@cicerone imposter,
Oh I agree with your premise CI, I just wondered if you thought that he, personally, responded to you.

You're right of course that he doesn't give a shite about what you have to say. You only voted for him. The Unions and billionaire Eco-nuts bought him.
0 Replies

Miller

Reply Sat 19 Apr, 2014 11:38 pm
Who are the "real people"? Those on the "WELFARE TIT" ( 52% of the population)? Or those who suck up the hardships that life hands them, pay their bills, and finally pay income and property taxes, day-in and day -out?

cicerone imposter

Reply Sat 19 Apr, 2014 11:57 pm
@Miller,
They're not mutually exclusive. When pay doesn't keep up with inflation, what do you expect? More families fall into poverty.

At least, now, if they have a medical emergency, it's not a choice of whether they can afford it or not.
0 Replies

parados

Reply Sun 20 Apr, 2014 08:26 am
@Miller,
Because those on Social Security never paid their bills? Why don't you go tell your parents they are lazy takers. Maybe they will regret not beating you when you were a child.
0 Replies

georgeob1

Reply Mon 26 May, 2014 02:49 pm
I believe disappointment with the feckless leadership Obama has demonstrated in issue after issue during the past six years, together with the increasingly obvious bad effects on our society and economy of the sectarian progressive policies he has pursued have increasingly disappointed a growing majority of Americans. The majority of the media are still in his camp but even they find it harder and harder to get enthusiastic about his hapless performance in office.

The Republicans will take both houses pif Congress in the next election, and I believe that the odds grow every day that Hillary will choose not to run in 2016.
Advocate

Reply Mon 26 May, 2014 08:22 pm
@georgeob1,
georgeob1 wrote:

I believe disappointment with the feckless leadership Obama has demonstrated in issue after issue during the past six years, together with the increasingly obvious bad effects on our society and economy of the sectarian progressive policies he has pursued have increasingly disappointed a growing majority of Americans. The majority of the media are still in his camp but even they find it harder and harder to get enthusiastic about his hapless performance in office.

The Republicans will take both houses pif Congress in the next election, and I believe that the odds grow every day that Hillary will choose not to run in 2016.

I don't know what you are talking about. Please support your statement if you can.
glitterbag

Reply Mon 26 May, 2014 08:51 pm
@Miller,
Miller wrote:

Who are the "real people"? Those on the "WELFARE TIT" ( 52% of the population)? Or those who suck up the hardships that life hands them, pay their bills, and finally pay income and property taxes, day-in and day -out?

Hi KAK, got any links to support the 52% premise. Mitt Romney said it was 47% of takers. I don't know anyone on relief, do you? At least 52% of the people in your community? Just give me a link that's not from the John Birch Society, or any other group who plans to overthrow the elected members of all branches of Americas representatives.
cicerone imposter

Reply Mon 26 May, 2014 09:17 pm
@glitterbag,
It's actually 44.7% according to this article, but that's the percentage of Americans who doesn't pay income taxes. The percentage of Americans who receive welfare from the government is probably close to that number, but that's only my guess.

Quote:
The 2013 Index of Dependence on Government
David B. Muhlhausen, Ph.D. and Patrick Tyrrell

Abstract
The great and calamitous fiscal trends of our time—dependence on government by an increasing portion of the American population, and soaring debt that threatens the financial integrity of the economy—worsened yet again in 2011 and 2012. This rise in government dependence happened despite the nation undergoing an economic recovery after the economic collapse of 2008 and 2009. The United States has reached the point at which it must reverse the direction of both trends or eventually face economic and social collapse. Yet policymakers have made little progress on either front since the 2012 Index of Dependence on Government was published. The United States held a dubious distinction in 2011—44.7 percent of the population pays no federal income taxes. While this percentage is a cause for concern, the figure is an improvement compared to the 48.5 percent of the population who paid no federal income taxes in 2010. Among the greatest danger is that the swelling over time of the ranks of Americans who enjoy government services and benefits for which they pay few or no taxes will lead to a spreading sense of entitlement that is simply incompatible with self-government.
America is increasingly moving away from a nation of self-reliant individuals, where civil society flourishes, toward a nation of individuals less inclined to practicing self-reliance and personal responsibility. Government programs not only crowd out civil society, but too frequently trap individuals and families in long-term dependence, leaving them incapable of escaping their condition for generations to come. Rebuilding civil society can rescue these individuals from the government dependence trap.
cicerone imposter

Reply Mon 26 May, 2014 09:21 pm
@cicerone imposter,
Here are some numbers on welfare recipients, but I don't understand how they arrived at 4.1% (46,700,000/317,000,000 = 14.7%. They don't consider Food Stamps as welfare?
Quote:

Welfare Statistics
Total number of Americans on welfare 12,800,000
Total number of Americans on food stamps 46,700,000
Total number of Americans on unemployment insurance 5,600,000
Percent of the US population on welfare 4.1 %
Total government spending on welfare annually (not including food stamps or unemployment) $131.9 billion
0 Replies

joefromchicago

Reply Tue 27 May, 2014 06:12 am
@Rickoshay75,
Here's a link that works:

http://elections.huffingtonpost.com/pollster/obama-job-approval-democrats

Rickoshay75 wrote:

According to 861 Democrat polls Obama's job approval rating is now 78.1 percent, up .2 percent since the last report

I suppose there are three ways to interpret "861 Democrat polls:"

(1) It's 861 polls conducted by Democrats;
(2) It's one poll of 861 Democrats; or
(3) It's 861 polls of Democrats.

You evidently think it's (1). Finn, in contrast, understood it as (2). The correct answer, however, is (3), as the link makes clear.

Rickoshay75 wrote:
Proving once more that so-called fair polls lean heavily toward the right, and the rest of the country go by their feelings, not political spin. Which means that Democrats are harder to influence then Republican clones.

No, it shows that Democrats think more highly of a Democratic president than the general populace does. Not a particularly brilliant insight, but I suppose somebody had to ask.
0 Replies

georgeob1

Reply Tue 27 May, 2014 08:14 am
@Advocate,
Advocate wrote:

I don't know what you are talking about. Please support your statement if you can.

What an ass ! .. still full of feigned self-importance as always.
Advocate

Reply Tue 27 May, 2014 07:10 pm
@georgeob1,
I see you are the same old blowhard who is always wrong.
georgeob1

Reply Tue 27 May, 2014 07:55 pm
@Advocate,
Don't project your prominent qualities on me.

I stated my opinions above, clearly indicating that they were my opinions or beliefs.

You demanded proof.

Who is the blowhard??
Advocate

Reply Wed 28 May, 2014 12:30 pm
@georgeob1,
georgeob1 wrote:

Don't project your prominent qualities on me.

I stated my opinions above, clearly indicating that they were my opinions or beliefs.

You demanded proof.

Who is the blowhard??

Just as I thought. You are great at giving unsupportable words.