Need help

Wed 5 Feb, 2014 01:55 pm
I have a friend, and no its not me, that has a 3year old daughter. She had her with her Ex-boyfriend in Virginia, and her and her ex both have moved out of that state now. and they are both living in separate states. the child custody agreement states they share custody so until the daughter starts school every 4 months she goes to the other parent. right now the father has the daughter, and my friend got a call from the fathers girl friend, and she told my friend that the baby that the father and his girl friend have together got hurt while the father was watching both children. it wasn't bad but bad enough that the hospital made a statement of parental negligence. My friend is very worried now about her daughters safety. but by the custody agreement she can not just go and take her daughter, and she doesn't want her daughter to be taken by CPS if she calls and asks what to do. How can she work the system so she can go and pick up her daughter, and get full custody of her daughter? the father isn't the best parent but he has never done anything until now that actually hurt one of the kids, so this is why the court split custody in the beginning. any help would be great.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 4 • Views: 1,136 • Replies: 3
Topic Closed
No top replies

jespah

Wed 5 Feb, 2014 03:08 pm
@cahparrillie,
Your friend needs to contact an attorney who specializes in family law and ask for the custody agreement to be reopened, due to suspected parental negligence.

Your friend needs an expert for this; it is not something to be done on the cheap.
0 Replies

skanlaw

Thu 6 Feb, 2014 01:03 am
@cahparrillie,
Your friend should be contacted to a good lawyer and discuss him about the custody of your daughter and take a legal action.
0 Replies

foreclosureus1

Thu 3 Apr, 2014 11:20 pm
@cahparrillie,
I think she should first talk to the father. If he doesn't agree then she can always consult a lawyer citing the hospital report of parental negligence. Good luck
0 Replies