When do we cease to exist?

Frank Apisa

Reply Tue 29 Jul, 2014 01:59 pm
@Germlat,
Germlat wrote:

I don't think your opinion matters when it comes down to knowing oneself...if you do....there's something weird going on...

There is definitely something weird going on, Germlat.

This guy is a muddle...although I am willing to give him the benefit of the doubt. But getting him to do anything more involved than pontificating...is a struggle. I'm still waiting for him to put one salient point into coherent language...and present it for consideration...as opposed to putting the entire muddle out as a swamp.
JPLosman0711

Reply Tue 29 Jul, 2014 02:03 pm
@Frank Apisa,
Who you are is one with what you call 'reality'.

Me talking about it would only be a representation.

Why do you hold such an allegiance to 'reality' (concept) even though it's clear to be some 'thing' outside of your 'self'?
Germlat

Reply Tue 29 Jul, 2014 02:08 pm
@Frank Apisa,
Based on his last response...he won't do it. It's way too comfy for him to step out.
Frank Apisa

Reply Tue 29 Jul, 2014 02:33 pm
@JPLosman0711,
JPLosman0711 wrote:

Who you are is one with what you call 'reality'.

Is that in JPL Chapter 1, verse 15ff?

Every indication is that you have absolutely no idea of the true nature of the REALITY of existence...and that all these silly pronouncements of yours are merely guesses.

Quote:
Me talking about it would only be a representation.

You talking about it would be an abomination...and probably pontification. But if you get some thrill out of calling is a "representation"...go for it.

Quote:
Why do you hold such an allegiance to 'reality' (concept) even though it's clear to be some 'thing' outside of your 'self'?

I have absolutely no allegiance to REALITY. I do not know the true nature of the REALITY of existence...and I suspect you don't either.

The real difference between us is that I have the ethical wherewithal to simply acknowledge that I do not know...while you feel obliged to make stuff up about it as you go along.

You do realize that, don't you, JP?
0 Replies

Frank Apisa

Reply Tue 29 Jul, 2014 02:35 pm
@Germlat,
Germlat wrote:

Based on his last response...he won't do it. It's way too comfy for him to step out.

It does seem that way, Germlat. But I never give up easily. I'll attempt to get him to explain himself...although as you expect, it will probably not work.
0 Replies

Frank Apisa

Reply Tue 29 Jul, 2014 02:39 pm
JP

If I were to ask a theist for the salient feature of his/her thesis, it would almost certainly be met with a response of:

There is a GOD.

Then we could discuss the thesis starting with that. (I would probably deal with it as a gratuitous assertion essentially begging the question.)

If I were to ask a strong atheist for the salient feature of his/her thesis, it would almost certainly be met with a response of:

There are no gods.

Then we could discuss the thesis starting with that. (I would probably deal with it as a gratuitous assertion essentially begging the question.)

I am asking you for the single salient feature of your thesis that you consider essential to the thesis.

Can you get around to that?

Romeo Fabulini

Reply Tue 29 Jul, 2014 02:40 pm
Quote:
Germlat asked:What about all the Pagan traditions incorporated into Christianity?

I don't think you'll find any Christians burning people and animals in wicker men!
Mind you I've got a soft spot for Pagans since they burned Edward Woodward, he thoroughly deserved it for his bad acting, and they also dun good burning Nicholas Cage in the sequel for squashing that bee on the pub bar..Smile
Romeo Fabulini

Reply Tue 29 Jul, 2014 02:46 pm
Quote:
JPLosman said to me: I don't 'have' any thinking, I AM 'my' thinking! The only thing for me to do (with an interest in being genuine) is to show others that the concepts they hold onto and use to re-present them 'selves' are false and have no fundamental ground to stand on.
Any 'idea' that I would present to you would only lead you further from your true 'self'.

Good for you mate, you're your own man like me and don't need to join organised religions or cults to let them do your thinking for you..Smile
Paul said- "Work out your own salvation" (Philp 2:12 KJV)
0 Replies

JPLosman0711

Reply Tue 29 Jul, 2014 02:59 pm
@Frank Apisa,
I have no 'thesis' to offer you.
Frank Apisa

Reply Tue 29 Jul, 2014 03:14 pm
@JPLosman0711,
JPLosman0711 wrote:

I have no 'thesis' to offer you.

I didn't think so.

Mostly you want to pontificate...and demand that your assertions be accepted as truths revealed from on-high.

Good luck with the new religion.

Other people are peddling it, JP...and when asked for clearer indication of the basis for their assertions...they pretty much do what you are doing...run and hide.
Germlat

Reply Tue 29 Jul, 2014 03:27 pm
@Romeo Fabulini,
What about all the innovative ways Christians assimilated pagans...like the line-up of special events...or canonization of some...all those Amerindian virgins...Guadalupe, Suyapa...what a lie!! Oh..so you're saying Christians used to charge for prayers and redemption of sinners, but now Christians are good. BTW--you can still buy holy water.
0 Replies

JPLosman0711

Reply Tue 29 Jul, 2014 03:29 pm
@Frank Apisa,
I don't know how to respond in a way which I wouldn't be repeating myself.

I have no 'thesis' because 'thesis' is just a concept, it's an idea. Delivering you some sort of 'thesis' would only contradict the reason I even log onto able2now at all.

Why do you need some sort of 'thesis'? Is it not possible for us to genuinely communicate without some sort of 'thesis' which has to be 'mine'?
Romeo Fabulini

Reply Tue 29 Jul, 2014 03:32 pm
Quote:
Germlat said to me: so you're saying Christians used to charge for prayers and redemption of sinners

Nah, TRUE Christians give stuff away free..Smile
"Unlike so many, we do not peddle the word of God for profit...be shepherds of God’s flock that is under your care, not lording it over those entrusted to you" (2 Cor 2:17,1 Peter 5:2-3)
Germlat

Reply Tue 29 Jul, 2014 03:34 pm
@Romeo Fabulini,
Not like the Christians that built the western world. Where is your sect located?
0 Replies

Romeo Fabulini

Reply Tue 29 Jul, 2014 03:45 pm
Quote:
Germlat said: Not like the Christians that built the western world. Where is your sect located?

Sorry you've lost me, what are you saying about christians and the western world?
As I've said before I don't belong to any church or sect because I don't need them to do my thinking for me, and neither should anybody else..Wink

Jesus said:-"You have ONE teacher, ME" (Matt 23:10)
"And the common people heard him gladly" (Mark 12:37)
Germlat

Reply Tue 29 Jul, 2014 03:51 pm
@Romeo Fabulini,
Was it Jesus that told you about the heathen cleansing(you know... how it was ok to take lands and kill them)?v things you've posted about.
0 Replies

Romeo Fabulini

Reply Tue 29 Jul, 2014 04:03 pm
Quote:
Germlat asked: Was it Jesus that told you about the heathen cleansing (you know... how it was ok to take lands and kill them)?v things you've posted about.

Are you American?
If you feel guilty about squatting on indian land you can always pack your bags and move off, I've got a spare room you can have..Smile
Frank Apisa

Reply Tue 29 Jul, 2014 04:16 pm
@JPLosman0711,
JPLosman0711 wrote:

I don't know how to respond in a way which I wouldn't be repeating myself.

I have no 'thesis' because 'thesis' is just a concept, it's an idea. Delivering you some sort of 'thesis' would only contradict the reason I even log onto able2now at all.

Okay...without pontificating...tell us why you do log onto A2K.

Quote:
Why do you need some sort of 'thesis'? Is it not possible for us to genuinely communicate without some sort of 'thesis' which has to be 'mine'?

Nope...no thesis needed.

I'm willing to deal with "the reason you log onto A2K."
Germlat

Reply Tue 29 Jul, 2014 04:21 pm
@Romeo Fabulini,
I'm not American...but my people did same or worse...point is...Do you think they deserved it as part of Christ's plan for pagan cleansing?
0 Replies

JPLosman0711

Reply Tue 29 Jul, 2014 04:44 pm
@Frank Apisa,
Quote:
Okay...without pontificating...tell us why you do log onto A2K.

This is a good question which I am sincerely contemplating.

Without repeating myself too much, I do find quite a bit of joy out of seeing what others have to say and trying to show them a way around their own 'turds' (concepts). I think we can both agree that everyday life doesn't have any 'concepts'. You know, you don't walk out the front door and see some entity/thing with the title: 'reality' staring you in the face.

You never really come face to face with the concepts we use to hide behind except for when you're forced to re-present your 'self'.

There is also a good amount of 'joy' I get from trying to formulate a way to show people how ridiculous it is to interpret your 'self' as a 'thing' of the 'world'.

But maybe you're right and the aforementioned: "Why do you log onto A2K?" will serve as a wake-up call for me. As for the time being I cringe every time I see "NEW" on my 'My Posts' webpage! LOL