Text ads within forum content

JoanneDorel

Reply Mon 17 May, 2004 10:32 am
Thanks Beth now I know I am not alone in that little goof. Actually I have signed up for ancestors.com and followed up on the ad about the trip to a dude ranches in CO. I got the travel packet on Saturday.
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Wed 16 Jun, 2004 12:16 pm
the little greenies are back (course you can't see them in any of Phoenix's posts) and joanneD's in San Diego. it's a wild wild world! Very Happy
0 Replies

cjhsa

Reply Wed 16 Jun, 2004 03:46 pm
I finally looked in the announcements and found this thread. I noticed the "sponsored links" today for the first time. They didn't bother me so much but as first there was a feeling of being violated, since I certainly wasn't expecting them.
0 Replies

Dartagnan

Reply Tue 22 Jun, 2004 09:02 am
I guess I just noticed them yesterday. I've no objection if these help the cause, only they do sometimes seem to link to irrelevent themes...
0 Replies

JLNobody

Reply Tue 22 Jun, 2004 12:56 pm
Whatever supports the operation and does not grossly interfere with our thread activities is acceptable to me. This is just another way for staff to keep this operation free for us. We should be grateful for their resourcefulness.
0 Replies

cavfancier

Reply Tue 22 Jun, 2004 02:05 pm
I still say yeah, go for it, if it keeps things free. My 'green link game' thread was just a joke, and honestly, I didn't care much that it was pulled, just so you know. The survival of the site is much more important to me.
0 Replies

Region Philbis

Reply Sat 1 Jan, 2005 05:47 pm
the green stuff's back... green is good... more green!
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Sat 1 Jan, 2005 07:04 pm
Boomer's got a fun thread where some of the word game people broke into a spontaneous game of how to make a greenie appear.

His brother's computer needs software, his sister needs hardware and his system is messed up.

hmmmmm that one didn't pop at all
0 Replies

msolga

Reply Sat 1 Jan, 2005 07:23 pm
You asked for responses, Craven. I much prefer the side ads. Less intrusive & distracting.
0 Replies

Don77

Reply Sat 1 Jan, 2005 08:03 pm
For what's it worth, I rather the greenies, If it keeps the site up and running works for me, I keeped clicking on the "skyscrappers" when using the scroll bar, Now that was annoying Laughing
0 Replies

Don77

Reply Sat 1 Jan, 2005 08:07 pm
Actually I just noticed that "skyscrappers still appear, but don't seem to be as much,
Either way what ever keeps the site up and running
0 Replies

Noddy24

Reply Sat 1 Jan, 2005 08:10 pm
I prefer the green words to the sidebars--but if money is needed, I can tolerate either or both.
0 Replies

Don77

Reply Sat 1 Jan, 2005 08:17 pm
I m with you on that Noddy24
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Sat 1 Jan, 2005 11:34 pm
Whatever works for the site...
0 Replies

mac11

Reply Sun 2 Jan, 2005 02:49 pm
...amen to that...
0 Replies

Phoenix32890

Reply Sun 2 Jan, 2005 05:27 pm
There ain't no such thing as a free lunch. If it's green that keeps A2K afloat, bring it on!
0 Replies

Eva

Reply Sun 2 Jan, 2005 10:51 pm
I'm with msolga...I prefer the side ads. Much easier to ignore than the green text. If this is the only way, though, I suppose I will grit my teeth and try to adapt.
0 Replies

msolga

Reply Thu 6 Jan, 2005 09:14 am
I noticed that my name, Olga, was coloured green, in a post just now. Surprised So, of course I clicked it! Turns out that "Olga" leads you to advertisements for bras! Sheesh. Sad
0 Replies

Noddy24

Reply Thu 6 Jan, 2005 09:20 am
msolga--

Bra ads? No disparagement, but bra ads are probably the closest you'll ever get to being featured in a Playboy centerfold.
0 Replies

squinney

Reply Thu 6 Jan, 2005 09:22 am
Olga

(heehee)

Hey, it didn't work!
0 Replies