Morality Test

Reply Wed 21 Apr, 2004 04:58 pm
Edit: Moderator: Moved from general news to Philosophy (the general news forum is for news).

The test takes five or so minutes to complete. Pretty interesting stuff.

http://www.philosophersmag.com/bw/games/taboo.htm

Questions 9 and 10 are a hoot!

My results:

Your Moralising Quotient is: 0.13.

Your Interference Factor is: 0.00.

Your Universalising Factor is: 0.50.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 5,506 • Replies: 68
No top replies

panzade

Reply Wed 21 Apr, 2004 05:19 pm
These pesky moderators...they got like a God complex...LOL

Hey I took the test, but I don't understand what my scores mean.
0 Replies

Joeblow

Reply Wed 21 Apr, 2004 05:35 pm
What a hoot.

My results:

Your Moralising Quotient of 0.10 compares to an average Moralising Quotient of 0.25. This means that as far as the events depicted in the scenarios featured in this activity are concerned you are more permissive than average.

Your Interference Factor of 0.00 compares to an average Interference Factor of 0.14. This means that as far as the events depicted in the scenarios featured in this activity are concerned you are less likely to recommend societal interference in matters of moral wrongdoing, in the form of prevention or punishment, than average.

Your Universalising Factor of 0.00 compares to an average Universalising Factor of 0.39. This means you are less likely than average to see moral wrongdoing in universal terms - that is, without regard to prevailing cultural norms and social conventions (at least as far as the events depicted in the scenarios featured in this activity are concerned).
0 Replies

panzade

Reply Wed 21 Apr, 2004 05:37 pm
Your Moralising Quotient is: 0.00.

Your Universalising Factor is: -1.
Confused

So what does it mean?

I think my intelligence factor is the problem
0 Replies

doglover

Reply Wed 21 Apr, 2004 05:41 pm
LOL panzade...you have NO morals AND how did you get a -1? Mr. Green
0 Replies

Craven de Kere

Reply Wed 21 Apr, 2004 05:44 pm
Mine:

Your Moralising Quotient is: 0.00.

Your Universalising Factor is: -1.

One qualm I had was that some things that I do not consider wrong bother me (e.g. I don't want to see what Gus does with frozen chickens).
0 Replies

Joeblow

Reply Wed 21 Apr, 2004 05:45 pm
I did the small survey at the end, and my results were explained afterward.

Perhaps you skipped the survey?
0 Replies

Phoenix32890

Reply Wed 21 Apr, 2004 05:52 pm
Your Moralising Quotient of 0.10 compares to an average Moralising Quotient of 0.25. This means that as far as the events depicted in the scenarios featured in this activity are concerned you are more permissive than average.

Your Interference Factor of 0.00 compares to an average Interference Factor of 0.14. This means that as far as the events depicted in the scenarios featured in this activity are concerned you are less likely to recommend societal interference in matters of moral wrongdoing, in the form of prevention or punishment, than average.

Your Universalising Factor of 0.00 compares to an average Universalising Factor of 0.38. This means you are less likely than average to see moral wrongdoing in universal terms - that is, without regard to prevailing cultural norms and social conventions (at least as far as the events depicted in the scenarios featured in this activity are concerned).
0 Replies

doglover

Reply Wed 21 Apr, 2004 05:52 pm
Craven de Kere wrote:
One qualm I had was that some things that I do not consider wrong bother me (e.g. I don't want to see what Gus does with frozen chickens).

LOL Craven...I thought the same thing but didn't think it would right to expose gus and his 'ways' on a mesage board for all the world to see. Mr. Green
0 Replies

panzade

Reply Wed 21 Apr, 2004 06:19 pm
I wrote two posts and neither of them appeared so I guess I'm not meant to comment on this thread
0 Replies

Joeblow

Reply Wed 21 Apr, 2004 06:35 pm
Panzade, I had someone else take the survey; his results were identical to yours. The following remarks relate to how you compared to others. There is a different link for what the surveyors think it means.

The language of 1&2 was exactly the same as mine (even though I scored with a Moralising Quotient of 0.10)

#3, The Universalising Quotient, is as follows:

Your Universalising Factor of -1 compares to an average Universalising Factor of 0.38. Your score of -1 indicates that you saw no moral wrong in any of the activities depicted in these scenarios, which means that it is not possible for this activity to determine the extent to which you see moral wrongdoing in universal terms (i.e., without regard to prevailing cultural norms and social conventions).

His quibble, despite the suggestion that there is no point quibbling, is that he didn't classify some of the scenarios as moral issues.
0 Replies

panzade

Reply Wed 21 Apr, 2004 06:36 pm
Thanks Joe, like I said, I think my intelligence factor was the problem.
0 Replies

Laeknir Scrat

Reply Wed 21 Apr, 2004 06:37 pm

I guess I'm the moralist here Smile
0 Replies

InTraNsiTiOn

Reply Wed 21 Apr, 2004 06:38 pm
OK, did I do something wrong? All my scores were 0.40 and over!!!
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Wed 21 Apr, 2004 06:43 pm
Find me in the fully permissive corner

Results

Your Moralising Quotient is: 0.03.

Your Universalising Factor is: 0.00.

What do these results mean?

Are you thinking straight about morality?

There was no inconsistency in the way that you responded to the questions in this activity. You see very little wrong in the actions depicted in these scenarios. And anyway you indicated that an act can be wrong even if it is entirely private and no one, not even the person doing the act, is harmed by it. So, in fact, had you thought that the acts described here were entirely wrong there would still be no inconsistency in your moral outlook.

Your Moralising Quotient of 0.03 compares to an average Moralising Quotient of 0.24. This means that as far as the events depicted in the scenarios featured in this activity are concerned you are more permissive than average.

Your Universalising Factor of 0.00 compares to an average Universalising Factor of 0.37. This means you are less likely than average to see moral wrongdoing in universal terms - that is, without regard to prevailing cultural norms and social conventions (at least as far as the events depicted in the scenarios featured in this activity are concerned).

WHAT KIND OF FREAK AM I ?
0 Replies

Laeknir Scrat

Reply Wed 21 Apr, 2004 06:48 pm
We are bringing down the average quotients and factor, people!
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Wed 21 Apr, 2004 06:54 pm
Embarrassed
0 Replies

tell me why

Reply Wed 21 Apr, 2004 07:10 pm
My results....
Rolling Eyes

Your Moralising Quotient is: 0.63.

Your Interference Factor is: 0.60.

Your Universalising Factor is: 0.75
0 Replies

Wy

Reply Wed 21 Apr, 2004 07:22 pm
You"re right, Laeknir! Here are my results:
Your Moralising Quotient of 0.10 compares to an average Moralising Quotient of 0.24. This means that as far as the events depicted in the scenarios featured in this activity are concerned you are more permissive than average.

Your Universalising Factor of 0.00 compares to an average Universalising Factor of 0.35. This means you are less likely than average to see moral wrongdoing in universal terms - that is, without regard to prevailing cultural norms and social conventions (at least as far as the events depicted in the scenarios featured in this activity are concerned).

Same scores as Phoenix, but the averages are lower...
0 Replies

Ceili

Reply Wed 21 Apr, 2004 07:25 pm
Your Moralising Quotient is: 0.03.

Your Universalising Factor is: 0.00

Am I gonna burn in hell?
0 Replies