Does supernatural control exonerate Eve of any sin?

Reply Fri 31 Jan, 2014 09:14 am

Eve was unjustly punished because she was under supernatural control in a set of circumstances that God himself set up by putting Satan in Eden.

God put Satan in Eden to insure that Eve ate and gave him the power to deceive Eve. She could not resist God's power directed through Satan and thus Eve had no choice but to eat of the tree of knowledge. She, like the snake, were under supernatural control and thus innocent of any wrong-doing.

Eve fails the criteria of mens rea, Latin for evil intent, a fundamental requirement of secular and biblical law, and thus Eve was innocent of any wrong-doing.

No human judge in his right mind would have judged A & E the way God did before God set the conditions that insured that A & E also died from neglect and the locking away of the tree of life. That was murder.

Regards
DL
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 8 • Views: 4,309 • Replies: 48

farmerman

Reply Fri 31 Jan, 2014 11:19 am
@Greatest I am,
do you need to fly to the first star on the right and strait on till morning to reach Neverland?
0 Replies

blueveinedthrobber

Reply Fri 31 Jan, 2014 11:22 am
This post, made by someone who apparently believes in God, dishonors Him by making Him a misogynist. One would only be able to conclude that God is a Republican and Heaven is run like the GOP controlled house.
0 Replies

fresco

Reply Fri 31 Jan, 2014 03:11 pm
@Greatest I am,
Quote:

No...she had it coming !
http://imagizer.imageshack.us/v2/640x480q90/713/a4ef.png
0 Replies

Thomas

Reply Fri 31 Jan, 2014 03:23 pm
@Greatest I am,
Greatest I am wrote:

I take no position on that. I believe it's God's dishonesty with Adam and Eve that exonerates both of them from sin. A little-discussed aspect of the Adam-and-Eve story is that God lied when he said: "But of the tree of the knowledge of good and evil, thou shalt not eat of it: for in the day that thou eatest thereof thou shalt surely die."(Gen. 2:17) By contrast, it's the serpent that told Adam and Eve the truth: "Ye shall not surely die: For God doth know that in the day ye eat thereof, then your eyes shall be opened, and ye shall be as gods, knowing good and evil. " (Genesis 3:4--5) After this lie, God lost any rightful claim he might have had to Adam's and Eve's obedience.
blueveinedthrobber

Reply Fri 31 Jan, 2014 03:38 pm
@Thomas,
The standard Christian answer to that Thomas, is that eventually they did die and were meant not to. I'm just delivering the message here ya know.
blueveinedthrobber

Reply Fri 31 Jan, 2014 03:41 pm
@blueveinedthrobber,
I think it may also have referred to the "second death" and loss of everlasting life in Heaven. Just sayin'
0 Replies

Germlat

Reply Fri 31 Jan, 2014 03:49 pm
@Thomas,
Also...if you have an individual soul-- why suffer the punishment for sins of forefathers?!
0 Replies

rosborne979

Reply Fri 31 Jan, 2014 04:23 pm
@Greatest I am,
Greatest I am wrote:

It would if it existed, but it doesn't. And neither does Eve... or Sin for that matter.

Come to think if it, this whole question shouldn't even exist.
0 Replies

Thomas

Reply Fri 31 Jan, 2014 05:20 pm
@blueveinedthrobber,
blueveinedthrobber wrote:
The standard Christian answer to that Thomas, is that eventually they did die and were meant not to. I'm just delivering the message here ya know.

This will come as a shock to poor King James, who's Bible clearly states that "in the day that thou eatest thereof thou will surely die". Not "eventually", mind you, but "in the day that thou eatest thereof".

Also notice Genesis 3:22-23: "And the LORD God said, Behold, the man is become as one of us, to know good and evil: and now, lest he put forth his hand, and take also of the tree of life, and eat, and live for ever. Therefore the LORD God sent him forth from the garden of Eden, to till the ground from whence he was taken." If Adam and Eve were immortal in the first place, why would they have had to eat from the tree of life to obtain immortality?
0 Replies

blueveinedthrobber

Reply Sat 1 Feb, 2014 01:54 am
but He didn't say how long it would take him to die. If I get cancer today it's the day I begin my death but I might hang around a year or so, not to split hairs since I don't think any of it is accurate anyway.
roger

Reply Sat 1 Feb, 2014 02:43 am
@Greatest I am,
What's up with Eve? I recall how God hardened pharos' heart and kept the Hebrews on as slaves. Look what happened to him! This is old news.
0 Replies

Thomas

Reply Sat 1 Feb, 2014 10:13 am
@blueveinedthrobber,
but He didn't say how long it would take him to die.

Yes he did. He said they would die within a single day. Or in King James's English, "in the day that thou eatest thereof".
Setanta

Reply Sat 1 Feb, 2014 11:39 am
Watch this space for allegations by the devout about a very wide temporal flexibility.
Smileyrius

Reply Sat 1 Feb, 2014 11:44 am
@Setanta,
I'll oblige, It's all in the "Yom"
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Sat 1 Feb, 2014 11:46 am
What . . . Yom gonna getcha?
blueveinedthrobber

Reply Sat 1 Feb, 2014 12:45 pm
@Thomas,
Thomas wrote:

but He didn't say how long it would take him to die.

Yes he did. He said they would die within a single day. Or in King James's English, "in the day that thou eatest thereof".

as a father myself, I know we often exaggerate to make a point. I also know that in many cases it doesn't do any damn good. Mr. Green
Smileyrius

Reply Sat 1 Feb, 2014 01:09 pm
@blueveinedthrobber,
or.... it could be the case of the "yom"

The word Yom was used several times in Genesis oft having different periods attached

In Genesis 1:5 Yom is referred to as a period of light, (literal would be 12ish hours?)
It appears all six creative Yoms were referred to as a single yom in Genesis 2:4. (if you believe somehow that each yom was a literal 24 hrs, thats at least a week? I imagine these yoms were far more than that)
In Genesis 4:3. Cains crops grew in a single Yom (a few months?)
In Genesis 43:9 Moses declares that he shall bare the blame for Yom (eternity?)

and so in Genesis 2:17 The Yom in which God told Adam he would die within still allowed him to to live to 930 ( Perhaps 1000 years?)
0 Replies

Smileyrius

Reply Sat 1 Feb, 2014 01:10 pm
@Setanta,
Sorry my friend, I missed that reference. catch me up perhaps? Smile
0 Replies

neologist

Reply Sun 2 Feb, 2014 08:39 am
@Thomas,
So you're saying Adam and Eve did not die?
Wonderful!
Let us all worship snakes!