Does supernatural control exonerate Eve of any sin?

neologist

Reply Sun 2 Feb, 2014 08:42 am
@Setanta,
Setanta wrote:
Watch this space for allegations by the devout about a very wide temporal flexibility.
I can't resist.
Where does it say the seventh day has ended?
Setanta

Reply Mon 3 Feb, 2014 05:44 am
Where does it say that you get to have your own, personal and idiosyncratic definitions of words?
neologist

Reply Mon 3 Feb, 2014 10:22 am
@Setanta,
Setanta wrote:
Where does it say that you get to have your own, personal and idiosyncratic definitions of words?
No place, of course. These are simply observations about the biblical use of yom.
Setanta

Reply Mon 3 Feb, 2014 11:21 am
@neologist,
The word day is how it is commonly translated--talk to the geeks who do translations of thousands of years old fairy tales.
farmerman

Reply Mon 3 Feb, 2014 11:57 am
@neologist,
"Day-Age" creationism is a fairly recent occurrence that two geologists attempted to insert into science in the mid 1800's. Fundamentalists, especially guys like George Macready Price, took up the concept and made it prt of 20th century Fundamentalist Beliefs.
In away to "Avoid modernism" all these Fundamentalist cults seem to be on the forefront of inventing ways to circumnavigate facts.
Smileyrius

Reply Mon 3 Feb, 2014 01:18 pm
@farmerman,
To be fair FM, looking at the bible is a fairly recent occurrence too. The question has to be raised before the answer is found. The More powerful denominations have declared questioning scripture heresy for so long that many answers are being found in recent centuries as opposers were allowed to speak more freely. As we are now in the age of information, more questions will be raised, requiring more insight and study.
Thomas

Reply Mon 3 Feb, 2014 01:39 pm
@neologist,
neologist wrote:
So you're saying Adam and Eve did not die?

Not on the day that they ate that apple. And's was what god had said.
neologist

Reply Mon 3 Feb, 2014 02:54 pm
@Setanta,
Setanta wrote:
The word day is how it is commonly translated--talk to the geeks who do translations of thousands of years old fairy tales.
So you're saying because it happens to be a 'common translation' it mus be without error. Perhaps Moses had run out of ink when he failed to record the end of the seventh day. But then there is the troubling statement of Genesis 2:4, lumping all the first six days into one.
0 Replies

neologist

Reply Mon 3 Feb, 2014 02:55 pm
@Thomas,
neologist wrote:
So you're saying Adam and Eve did not die?
Thomas wrote:
Not on the day that they ate that apple. And's was what god had said.
You mean the seventh day, right?
Setanta

Reply Mon 3 Feb, 2014 03:01 pm
He means on the day that they ate of the fruit of the tree of the knowledge of good and evil. It's really pathetic the way you try to shoehorn everyone's remarks into your goofy exegesis.
neologist

Reply Mon 3 Feb, 2014 04:19 pm
@Setanta,
I know what he means. And I know what you mean. And that does not mean either of you are correct
farmerman

Reply Mon 3 Feb, 2014 05:16 pm
@Smileyrius,
True, but my point is that many of these 'Heritage" concepts are very new (within the last 150 years or even more recent). George Macready Price became a sweetheart of the Witnesses and other Fundamentalists as a reaction to "modernism' and Price lived and preached his beliefs in the 1920's and was a great mentor of
W. J. Bryant's "Sermons" presented as "ex-jura "supplemental evidence" during the the Scopes trial.
Smileyrius

Reply Mon 3 Feb, 2014 06:11 pm
@farmerman,
That is likely due to mainstream religions inability to admit imperfection in doctrine. When someone finds a flaw in a doctrine and can no longer accept it, he defects and a new religion is formed.
Its progression is similar to science, some continually look for the answers, never satisfied that they have them all, while others sit on what they have and declare themselves divinely correct.
One of these types will fly in the face of logic to cling to their established creed, while the other will adjust and correct himself whenever he is shown to be wrong.
farmerman

Reply Mon 3 Feb, 2014 06:39 pm
@Smileyrius,
yeh but how do they do that?
"Wrong" is not a word to which many of these cultists admit.(Except , like Romeo, they say that everyone except they, are wrong)
Smileyrius

Reply Mon 3 Feb, 2014 07:11 pm
@farmerman,
With great difficulty, pride and piety are quite common in religious types. Even the bible writers acknowledged their imperfections
0 Replies

Romeo Fabulini

Reply Mon 3 Feb, 2014 07:31 pm
Quote:
Farmerman said: "Wrong" is not a word to which many of these cultists admit.(Except , like Romeo, they say that everyone except they, are wrong)

Right mate..Smile
I always back myself up with full metal-jacketted bible verses, so if you think the verses are wrong you can argue it out with Jesus when you meet him..Smile-
Jesus said:-"Whoever's ashamed of me and my words, I'll be ashamed of him" (Mark 8:38 )

By contrast, atheists, nonchristians and fairy-worshippers only fire blanks..Smile

http://i53.photobucket.com/albums/g64/PoorOldSpike/Bible-two.gif~original
farmerman

Reply Mon 3 Feb, 2014 08:27 pm
@Romeo Fabulini,
Ill take the journal on the right, at least its blank pages have applied uses so that I can doodle or make out our food shopping list.
What can you do with the one on the left beside bore the kids with your own cult's gobbledygook.
Do you handle venomous snakes in your worship ceremonies?

0 Replies

Wilso

Reply Mon 3 Feb, 2014 08:41 pm
Eve is a myth.
The End.
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Tue 4 Feb, 2014 01:51 am
@neologist,
Certainly you've given no good reason for anyone to buy your "seventh day" song and dance.
Calamity Dal

Reply Tue 4 Feb, 2014 03:21 am
@Romeo Fabulini,
What good is a bible verse used out of turn?
a misrepresentation of scripture, I shall coin it a romeism
"If you do not listen, You will eat your babies."(Leviticus 26:27-30)