skp

Thu 30 Jan, 2014 02:50 pm
@chai2,
What's CPS?

Nevermind
chai2

Thu 30 Jan, 2014 02:55 pm
@skp,
Child Protective Services. You're a child until you're 18.

Might be called something else where you live.

My advice would be different if you were younger, but I'm wanting to know if you will be out of high school when you turn 18, and if you can deal with this until you are.

Not saying it's right, because obviously they should hit you unconscious, but are you getting in their face, maybe antagonizing them, or what THEY see as you antagonizing them?

What's going on in their heads that they feel that they have to go to you and hit you?
chai2

Thu 30 Jan, 2014 02:58 pm
@chai2,
To be clear to everyone, I'm not in any way advocating physical (or mental) abuse.

Sometimes you have to just wait for your chance to get out, take advantage of it when it comes up, and do what it takes to get by until then.

May not be all warm and fuzzy PC, but life is hard sometimes and you have to deal with what is there.
0 Replies

skp

Thu 30 Jan, 2014 02:58 pm
@chai2,
well not only do they beat me and get high but also drunk. Their angry drunks. I can just say the smallest thing and they'll get ungodly ticked. If everything goes right I'll be able to graduate early.

Is DFS and CPS the same thing?
chai2

Thu 30 Jan, 2014 03:03 pm
@skp,
skp wrote:

Is DFS and CPS the same thing?

I don't know, what does DFS stand for?

Also, if you're going to tell your story, tell it all. Don't go dropping breadcrumbs along the way. Each of your additions to your history gets more dramatic, and frankly makes me question how truthful you're being.

Also, I'd have been a lot more concerned about their alcohol use, as opposed to smoking pot.

Until I hear the whole thing, I'm not saying any more.
jespah

Thu 30 Jan, 2014 03:34 pm
@chai2,
Department of Family Services.
0 Replies

skp

Fri 31 Jan, 2014 09:14 am
@chai2,
Ok I understand why you would question me. They been smoking pot since they were kids. I started going to church in 3rd grade. 5th grade comes around and I get home late because of the amount of kids that were on the church bus that night. So when I get home my parents tell me that I am no longer aloud to go to church because of me getting home late on a school night (the first time in the two years that I had been going to this church). Well we were having steak or something like that, that night for supper. So after I would cut a piece of the meat i would stab the meat with a fork and put it in my mouth and jerk it out. After the first time that I did this they told me that if I did it again that my moms husband (in their words my step dad) so they keep yelling at me. A few minutes goes by and I did it again. Well so he gets up and full fledge hits me. I had cutts on my face but looked like cats scratches (well that's what they said). So at that period of time I was literally scared to death of him. He's 6' 7". He wasn't drunk then. Well it comes to 4th quarter and I was finally talking to someone about it. They talked me into going to the school counselor. Then after DFS came out to the house done their little thing and following after they left both of my parents decided that they were going to start hitting me. This whole DFS thing has went on since I was in the 5th grade. Since then everytime that I have been hit they were literally drunk. So, I have tried everything I can possibly think of in order to get out, but a 3 to 1 ratio aint a very good thing. And it's been happening for 6 years straight. So now you have the whole story.
0 Replies

PUNKEY

Fri 31 Jan, 2014 03:53 pm
So DFS has had an open case with your family all those years?

And you were never removed from the home - or you never showed them bruises and/or proof of physical abuse?
Romeo Fabulini

Fri 31 Jan, 2014 04:04 pm
Quote:
skp said: I'm gonna be 17 in like two weeks. My parents smoke pot and abuse me. I've tried to go to counselors (school/government), principles, friends, DFS, cops. Nothing works, I have ran out of ideas. What should I do.

Feed the story to the newspapers, they love a good story..Smile
0 Replies

foreclosureus1

Tue 11 Feb, 2014 12:06 am
@skp,
Contact with a good lawyer in your city.
0 Replies

Romeo Fabulini

Tue 11 Feb, 2014 04:49 am
You're 17 so ride it out til you're 18 when you're no longer a minor, then you can pack your bags and go out into the world and live your own life..Smile
Alternatively, carry on living with your folks and try to avoid contact with them as much as possible by staying in your room, but as you're living under their roof they'll probably ask you for money for rent and bills and stuff..
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Age_of_majority
0 Replies

skp

Mon 17 Feb, 2014 09:51 am
@PUNKEY,
I was never removed
0 Replies