What would A2K philosophers say while sitting on a bench?

Frank Apisa

Reply Mon 3 Feb, 2014 12:43 pm
@Olivier5,
Olivier5 wrote:

You THINK you understand, nothing more. In actual fact, you don't understand much.

You seem out of sorts, Olivier. Start something that you can't finish?

Anyway...I understand more than you might think. And simply because we are having a dispute here is no reason to inject the "you don't understand much" nonsense.

Get past that crap.

Quote:
What obsession?

Ya know...the obsession you have with me that lead to all this chatter in the other thread...and you actually starting a new thread to keep it going.
Olivier5

Reply Mon 3 Feb, 2014 01:20 pm
@Frank Apisa,
I've finished most of what I wanted to do in this thread, as follows:

1. I've proven that you don't have a clue why you "treat the word know differently", other than because Fresco and cie. cowed you into it. In other words, it is merely a defense mechanism against other posters: you say that you know nothing so that others won't have anything to argue against... Nothing even remotely philosophical or even sincere about that.

2. I have proven that you came up with that issue just as a way to prevent discussion, and not as a way to foster discussion, since evidently you did not want to discuss your own point. Getting you to discuss it was like pulling a teeth from a hippopotamus, as everyone noticed.

3. I have proven that you use despicable tactics to put down other posters when they disagree with you. Your nastiness towards Joe Nation ("Why aren't crying on a train somewhere?" - now that was disgusting), Ossobuco and myself was noticed by all. Even your constant repeating of the same tired cliche, over and over again, is obviously meant as an insult for your opponents' intelligence.

4. And I derived a lot of fun from doing the above.

The only unfinished business of sorts is that you were alone in that discussion. More articulate posters, who share your use of philosophy as sort of literary sudoku with no impact on life whatsoever, did not show up to defend you... Too bad, for that could have allowed for an interesting philosophical discussion about life and philosophy. Another time maybe! :-)
Frank Apisa

Reply Mon 3 Feb, 2014 01:26 pm
@Olivier5,
Olivier5 wrote:

I've finished most of what I wanted to do in this thread, as follows:

1. I've proven that you don't have a clue why you "treat the word know differently", other than because Fresco and cie. cowed you into it. In other words, it is merely a defense mechanism against other posters: you say that you know nothing so that others won't have anything to argue against... Nothing even remotely philosophical or even sincere about that.

You have "proven" nothing...but it is cute watching you claim you have.

Quote:
2. I have proven that you came up with that issue just as a way to prevent discussion, and not as a way to foster discussion, since evidently you did not want to discuss your own point. Getting you to discuss it was like pulling a teeth from a hippopotamus, as everyone noticed.

I have discussed it at length with you...and will continue to do so for as long as you want...even though you seem to be claiming some sort of victory here.

Quote:
3. I have proven that you use despicable tactics to put down other posters when they disagree with you. Your nastiness towards Joe Nation ("Why aren't crying on a train somewhere?" - now that was disgusting), Ossobuco and myself was noticed by all. Even your constant repeating of the same tired cliche, over and over again, is obviously meant as an insult for your opponents' intelligence.

As I said...you have "proven" nothing...but you are cute when you are angry...and a delight just now.

Quote:
4. And I derived a lot of fun from doing the above.

Great, Olivier, we both are deriving fun from this conversation. Like I said...win/win. Wink

Quote:

The only unfinished business of sorts is that you were alone in that discussion. More articulate posters, who share your use of philosophy as sort of literary sudoku with no impact on life whatsoever, did not show up to defend you... Too bad, for that could have allowed for an interesting philosophical discussion about life and philosophy. Another time maybe! :-)

No...there were no posters who came to defend me.

But I did pretty good on my own...right? Laughing

Hey, let's keep this going. It is really fun.

But now...I gotta go out and shovel some snow.

Ah'll be beck!!!
Olivier5

Reply Mon 3 Feb, 2014 01:29 pm
@Frank Apisa,
Glad you liked being ridiculed.
cicerone imposter

Reply Mon 3 Feb, 2014 01:30 pm
@Olivier5,
SCORE: Olivier5 = 10, Frank -20.

No contest. Olivier, As you said nobody has supported Frank's position - on most topics on a2k; this one included. Mr. Green
Frank Apisa

Reply Mon 3 Feb, 2014 01:53 pm
@Olivier5,
Olivier5 wrote:

Glad you liked being ridiculed.

You are ridiculing yourself, Olivier.

But I do enjoy you being so obsessed with me.

By the way...I do not treat "know" the same way in casual conversation the way I treat it here in the forum.

Just in case you missed that! Wink

I love ya, Buddy...no matter what.
0 Replies

Frank Apisa

Reply Mon 3 Feb, 2014 01:53 pm
@cicerone imposter,
cicerone imposter wrote:

SCORE: Olivier5 = 10, Frank -20.

No contest. Olivier, As you said nobody has supported Frank's position - on most topics on a2k; this one included. Mr. Green

See who you have backing you up, Olivier!

The guy who has me on ignore!!!!!

That ought to give you pause! Wink
Olivier5

Reply Mon 3 Feb, 2014 02:17 pm
@Frank Apisa,
I don't mind thumbing too much, but it's always good to get positive reviews... Thanks for your support, guys.
cicerone imposter

Reply Mon 3 Feb, 2014 02:23 pm
@Olivier5,
Frank doesn't need any support; he supports himself with great abandon.

Most posters would wonder why others aren't supporting their position when almost everybody else's posts are negative comments.

I doubt wishy-washy Frank will ever 'get it.'
Frank Apisa

Reply Mon 3 Feb, 2014 02:52 pm
@Olivier5,
Olivier5 wrote:

I don't mind thumbing too much, but it's always good to get positive reviews... Thanks for your support, guys.

I never look at thumbs...and I never thumb.

But I am delighted you are delighted...because I want you to be delighted.

0 Replies

Frank Apisa

Reply Mon 3 Feb, 2014 02:53 pm
@cicerone imposter,
cicerone imposter wrote:

Frank doesn't need any support; he supports himself with great abandon.

Most posters would wonder why others aren't supporting their position when almost everybody else's posts are negative comments.

I doubt wishy-washy Frank will ever 'get it.'

Poor ci...the charade of ci ignoring Frank is too hilarious to imagine. He spends almost as much time commenting on me as you do, Olivier! Wink
Olivier5

Reply Mon 3 Feb, 2014 03:52 pm
@Frank Apisa,
Posting doesn't take much time for me. Getting rid of the quotes and never reading posts that are more than a few lines long help.
Frank Apisa

Reply Mon 3 Feb, 2014 04:31 pm
@Olivier5,
Olivier5 wrote:

Posting doesn't take much time for me.

I have no problem understanding that.

Quote:

Getting rid of the quotes and never reading posts that are more than a few lines long help.

Not sure what that is supposed to mean.
Olivier5

Reply Mon 3 Feb, 2014 05:56 pm
@Frank Apisa,
Nothing you should worry about.
Frank Apisa

Reply Tue 4 Feb, 2014 07:51 am
@Olivier5,
Olivier5 wrote:

Nothing you should worry about.

Can't let it go, can ya?

An itch that just won't stay scratched.

My guess is you can't even put a name on it...the reason why.
Olivier5

Reply Tue 4 Feb, 2014 11:46 am
@Frank Apisa,
Sorry, you were saying?
Frank Apisa

Reply Tue 4 Feb, 2014 01:25 pm
@Olivier5,
Olivier5 wrote:

Sorry, you were saying?

Apparently nothing you can understand...or successfully rebut! Wink Wink
Olivier5

Reply Tue 4 Feb, 2014 02:20 pm
@Frank Apisa,
Or simply nothing, as usual...
Frank Apisa

Reply Tue 4 Feb, 2014 02:38 pm
@Olivier5,
Olivier5 wrote:

Or simply nothing, as usual...

I seldom have nothing to say, Olivier....as I am sure you have learned from this silliness in which you have engaged.

Start another one when you get a chance! Wink
0 Replies

Joe Nation

Reply Tue 4 Feb, 2014 02:39 pm
The "Break-up Letter" Thread has
Replies: 18,157
Views: 242,749

I think you two have got a shot at passing those numbers.

Joe(I'mma gonna let you finish....)Nation

Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.03 seconds on 05/19/2024 at 12:20:52