What would A2K philosophers say while sitting on a bench?

Olivier5

Reply Mon 3 Feb, 2014 08:30 am
@Frank Apisa,
Quote:
I do so because I think it is the proper thing to do, Olivier.

Who cares? It's just a guess.
Frank Apisa

Reply Mon 3 Feb, 2014 08:32 am
@Olivier5,
Olivier5 wrote:

Quote:

Not that I have any problems with guessing, but what is just a guess?
0 Replies

Frank Apisa

Reply Mon 3 Feb, 2014 08:32 am
@Olivier5,
Olivier5 wrote:

Quote:

And from the looks of things...YOU care.
Olivier5

Reply Mon 3 Feb, 2014 08:54 am
@Frank Apisa,
I just thought you might have some reason to do so or another. My bad.
Frank Apisa

Reply Mon 3 Feb, 2014 09:40 am
@Olivier5,
Olivier5 wrote:

I just thought you might have some reason to do so or another. My bad.

I HAVE REASONS.

And I have shared them with you several times already.

You just seem unwilling to accept them.

I SUSPECT that is because you want me to say something else...perhaps you want to script how I should respond to your questions.

I treat the word "know" differently in casual, everyday conversation from the way I treat it in the more formal context of a discussion in a philosophy forum...

...because I think it is the proper and reasonable thing to do. I think it is the sensible thing to do.

Those ARE my reasons!

I SUSPECT most reasonable people do the same thing...I SUSPECT you do it also.

Olivier5

Reply Mon 3 Feb, 2014 09:56 am
@Frank Apisa,
Your reasons to do so is that is is "reasonable"? Really?

You're just guessing so. Period. Guessing wrong, too.
Frank Apisa

Reply Mon 3 Feb, 2014 10:12 am
@Olivier5,
Olivier5 wrote:

Your reasons to do so is that is is "reasonable"? Really?

Learn to read, Olivier. I said "I think it (treating the word differently in different contexts) is reasonable."

And I do.

If you don't....you should not do it. I would certainly have no problem with that...and if you announced you do not treat is differently, I would simply say, "Okay."

But you have gone on and on in a previous thread...and actually started this thread to discuss what I think.

Seems like a major over-reaction to me.

Quote:

You're just guessing so. Period. Guessing wrong, too.

Once again...guessing about what?

Do you think I am guessing that I think it is reasonable?????

Guessing about what?
neologist

Reply Mon 3 Feb, 2014 10:14 am
@Frank Apisa,
Yeah, but Frank, it made me, yer old pal, happy. Doesn't that count for something?
Frank Apisa

Reply Mon 3 Feb, 2014 10:20 am
@neologist,
neologist wrote:

Yeah, but Frank, it made me, yer old pal, happy. Doesn't that count for something?

Yeah...I am happy for you and all the others who wanted it to go that way.

Are you living in the northwest now?
Olivier5

Reply Mon 3 Feb, 2014 10:37 am
@Frank Apisa,
Yes, you're just GUESSING it is reasonable, but you have no real reason to think so. None that you mentioned so far at least, in indeed a very very very very long discussion.
Frank Apisa

Reply Mon 3 Feb, 2014 11:03 am
@Olivier5,
Olivier5 wrote:

Yes, you're just GUESSING it is reasonable, but you have no real reason to think so. None that you mentioned so far at least, in indeed a very very very very long discussion.

You really are not listening, Olivier.

I am not guessing it is reasonable.

I am saying that I think it is reasonable.

I am not guessing that I think it is reasonable...I definitely do think it is reasonable.

You seem to think I have no right to think it is reasonable...and you seem to be suggesting that I am guessing that I think it is reasonable.

You ought not to be giving lectures on what is reasonable and not reasonable, Olivier...because you seem not to have mastered the issue.

It is amusing to see you struggle so in your attempts to "make me wrong"...and it is even more amusing to see that it really matters as much as it apparently does to you.

Thank you for the entertainment. We've not gotten rid of the snow from last week...and more snow is falling right now. I really appreciate the entertainment more than I suspect you can imagine.

Olivier5

Reply Mon 3 Feb, 2014 11:06 am
@Frank Apisa,
You didn't say you KNEW it made sense, because of course how could you know? You're just "thinking", IOW "guessing. Like I "think" you're slow in the head.
Frank Apisa

Reply Mon 3 Feb, 2014 11:24 am
@Olivier5,
Olivier5 wrote:

You didn't say you KNEW it made sense, because of course how could you know?

I didn't say "I know it makes sense"...because I treat the word "know" differently in discussions on the Internet from the way I treat it in casual, everyday conversations.

I guess I should have mentioned that!!! Rolling Eyes

Quote:

You're just "thinking", IOW "guessing. Like I "think" you're slow in the head.

You seem to have almost as much an obsession with the word "guess" as you have with me, Olivier.

Have you had these kinds of problems for a long while? Wink
Olivier5

Reply Mon 3 Feb, 2014 11:28 am
@Frank Apisa,
Naah, just wanted to establish that you actually had NO CLUE why you are treating the word 'know' differently on a philosophical forum...

I feel better now that it's clear to everyone.
neologist

Reply Mon 3 Feb, 2014 11:31 am
@Frank Apisa,
About 5 miles from the clink. For the folks out here, it was like 4th of July. It's been nearly 40 years since a Seattle sports team has pulled off a championship. Stores are racking up huge profits on Seahawk merchandise and checkout lines are crazy. Senior discount at Fred Meyer tomorrow. I may buy a t shirt. Very Happy
Frank Apisa

Reply Mon 3 Feb, 2014 11:47 am
@Olivier5,
Olivier5 wrote:

Naah, just wanted to establish that you actually had NO CLUE why you are treating the word 'know' differently on a philosophical forum...

I feel better now that it's clear to everyone.

I not only have a clue...I have shared why I feel that it is reasonable to treat the word differently in the forum several times. I am sure the people intellectually able to understand it...do.

But you are allowing your obsession with me to interfere with you understanding it, Olivier.

I am glad you feel better, though! Wink
Frank Apisa

Reply Mon 3 Feb, 2014 11:48 am
@neologist,
neologist wrote:

About 5 miles from the clink. For the folks out here, it was like 4th of July. It's been nearly 40 years since a Seattle sports team has pulled off a championship. Stores are racking up huge profits on Seahawk merchandise and checkout lines are crazy. Senior discount at Fred Meyer tomorrow. I may buy a t shirt. Very Happy

I gotta say that both Nancy and I thought to silver thermal jackets were great. They must cost a pretty buck, though.
0 Replies

Olivier5

Reply Mon 3 Feb, 2014 11:56 am
@Frank Apisa,
Quote:
I am sure the people intellectually able to understand it...do.

Excluding you therefore.
Frank Apisa

Reply Mon 3 Feb, 2014 11:59 am
@Olivier5,
Olivier5 wrote:

Quote:
I am sure the people intellectually able to understand it...do.

Excluding you therefore.

Oh, I understand it completely, Olivier. I explained it to you.

Now...if you could just peek out from behind your obsession... Wink
Olivier5

Reply Mon 3 Feb, 2014 12:15 pm
@Frank Apisa,
You THINK you understand, nothing more. In actual fact, you don't understand much.

What obsession?

Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.03 seconds on 05/19/2024 at 12:56:26