Wow...Slow Here

jcboy

Reply Sun 26 Jan, 2014 08:11 pm
@Foofie,
Foofie wrote:

I do not have a positive prognosis for this forum.

Well you’re wrong there. I registered in 2006 after my father passed away. I’ve come and gone over the years but I always come back and if some don’t like it screw em! Cool
edgarblythe

Reply Sun 26 Jan, 2014 08:12 pm
@jcboy,
Raamen.
jcboy

Reply Sun 26 Jan, 2014 08:15 pm
@edgarblythe,
I've always liked you Edgar, if your ever leave here I'll hunt you down Cool
edgarblythe

Reply Sun 26 Jan, 2014 08:42 pm
@jcboy,
This is my second home. Smile
ossobuco

Reply Sun 26 Jan, 2014 08:46 pm
@edgarblythe,
Plus you're still wearing that great shirt..
That's the one you were wearing when a bunch of us met in Albuquerque, no?
edgarblythe

Reply Sun 26 Jan, 2014 08:49 pm
@ossobuco,
Si.
It's getting threadbare, but I rarely spend money for different clothing. Recalls an episode from years in the past. My wife's uncle was hiring me to re-roof his storm ravaged house. He remarked that I dress like I haven't a dime. He was pretty much correct, on both counts.
ossobuco

Reply Sun 26 Jan, 2014 08:50 pm
@edgarblythe,
Gotcha..
0 Replies

phiferindia

Reply Mon 27 Jan, 2014 04:01 am
@Bella Dea,
I am not feeling so.. Just might be a new comer and...something i am learning yet...
0 Replies

Foofie

Reply Mon 27 Jan, 2014 10:06 am
@jcboy,
jcboy wrote:

Foofie wrote:

I do not have a positive prognosis for this forum.

Well you’re wrong there. I registered in 2006 after my father passed away. I’ve come and gone over the years but I always come back and if some don’t like it screw em! Cool

We have different definitions of a positive prognosis, in my opinion. I am thinking about a forum in the best of all possible forums, where people post thoughts without people retorting with ad-hominems, or other assorted put downs. Or, worse yet, allude to the belief that forums are supposed to be where the men are sorted out from the sissies.

Bella Dea

Reply Mon 27 Jan, 2014 10:09 am
Well, good to see you all come out of the woodworks! Smile

I just miss the stupid, silly, dirty, ridiculous, fun and raunchy A2K. It does seem like everything is very acrid anymore. Course, FB is like that too. I don't get arguing with people on FB even less than here. I used to argue here because it was fun to get a rise out of the crazies. And every now and then I'd get swept up into a real debate and get all up in yo bizness. Which we all know is useless but it was fun and exhilarating non the less.

Maybe it's that I've changed. Hm.
jcboy

Reply Mon 27 Jan, 2014 10:57 am
@Foofie,
Foofie wrote:

forums are supposed to be where the men are sorted out from the sissies.

And this is coming from someone calling himself Foofie Razz
Foofie

Reply Mon 27 Jan, 2014 01:01 pm
@jcboy,
jcboy wrote:

Foofie wrote:

forums are supposed to be where the men are sorted out from the sissies.

And this is coming from someone calling himself Foofie Razz

Don't judge a book by its cover.
0 Replies

panzade

Reply Tue 28 Jan, 2014 10:05 am
@Bella Dea,
Quote:
I just miss the stupid, silly, dirty, ridiculous, fun and raunchy A2K.

Still get some of that when chai2 and Lordyaswas jump in a thread. Maybe now that you're back we can start some more fun because I'll tell you the truth; it don't work with a bunch of guys piling on. You gotta have some smart-ass dames in the middle, stirring things up.
Bella Dea

Reply Wed 29 Jan, 2014 04:18 pm
Well, I imagine some people here enjoy the men piling on. Wink
panzade

Reply Wed 29 Jan, 2014 04:20 pm
@Bella Dea,
...that's my grrrl
0 Replies

roger

Reply Wed 29 Jan, 2014 06:52 pm
@Bella Dea,
I know of several.
0 Replies

farmerman

Reply Thu 30 Jan, 2014 10:25 pm
@panzade,
Quote:
You gotta have some smart-ass dames in the middle, stirring things up.

Or some guy who isnt there just for personal aggrandizement. We had several, Lordy, LordElpus, Cav,
JoeNation (not always though) Endymion, and Edgar (about half the time).
Im sorry but, all the rest of us guys like to get the last word, cannot take criticism, are quick with insulting boorish language, and I think a few actually get themselves hammered just as they start posting.
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Thu 30 Jan, 2014 10:29 pm
Don't beat yourself up, farmerman. People such as yourself are in many instances the backbone of these forums. I won't name anybody else, because then I would leave out some fine people and hurt some feelings.
farmerman

Reply Thu 30 Jan, 2014 10:37 pm
@edgarblythe,
naah, im too short tempered and don't like the nastiness inherent with this kind of unmonitored medium. Im on two other sites, one woodworking and the other studio art that are slowly claiming my allegiance. The reason is, because they wont put up with these incessant 5 page douchey arguments about nothing other than the way someone does or doesn't think about the world. Those used to be funny, not no more.
I mean it but you and Joe Nation don't usually come in with an agenda You come in wth really entertaining and informative stuff. I don't join in on Joes "running" thread , but that's the way I expected all threads to be visited, if youre interested , you drop in, if not, you dont.

I used to think that all the Brits we used to have (except one or two) were geniuses at self deprecation and very smart humor. Even that's changed. If it weren't for Lordyaswas, Id ignore the lot of em now.
LordElpus was a gem and he used to take on another Brit with uch mild acid wit that the other guy didn't even see his viscera about his ankles.
Of course , there was always Gus, who never saw himself as the center of anything and so, DID become another reason why to log in on any particular day.
Ive gotta admit though, Chai is another gem.

Even the debates, in the past, would go somewhere.They don't seem to do that anymore
hawkeye10

Reply Thu 30 Jan, 2014 10:55 pm
@farmerman,
Quote:
They don't seem to do that anymore
the population of open minded and fair participants is rapidly getting too thin to support debate.
0 Replies