Has anyone had a neighbor draw a cross on their door in oil?

irk

Reply Thu 23 Jan, 2014 09:50 am
My neighbor below me and I have had a rocky relationship since she moved in over 2 months ago. She constantly calls management and security complaining that were banging and screaming, even waking us up in the middle of the night either with security or banging on her ceiling. A month or so ago it was determined that we are not the culprit for the noise as we work most of the time and sleep the rest. Last week management banned her from calling either them or security. Yesterday I was home sick and I heard a weird noise on the stairs leading to my apartment followed by a loud door slam. Peeking out the window I saw on my door a cross made out of oil on the door. Opening it I found one on the doorstep and another at the base of my stairs. I freaked out went to the office, my boyfriend rushed home to call the police. The management refuses to do anything about it, but the police barred her from bothering us on the fact that if she does this again we can press harassment charges. Would anyone else freak out about this and how would you handle it? I don't feel safe in my home anymore with her living below my feet.

jespah

Reply Thu 23 Jan, 2014 09:58 am
@irk,
Good on you for calling the cops. Serve management with written notice, too (keep a copy of this!), informing them that if they don't do anything about her, and she damages any of your own property, or harms either of you, that you'll be going after the management company. Might want to also tell you that you'll break the lease then, too.

Expect flak from them, but your personal safety is more important than your lease.
0 Replies