How can we acknowledge the contributions of Craven, jespah

Reply Mon 23 Dec, 2002 06:58 pm
and the others of A2K?

It's okay to put them on our private "Hero List," but I think the creative juices of A2Kers can come up with something more in keeping with the membership. Let's hear some suggestions, and shoot for some goal of "what" and "when." How about it, guys? Are we up to the task?

cicerone imposter Cool
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 3,953 • Replies: 27
No top replies

roger

Reply Mon 23 Dec, 2002 08:03 pm
Money is the most sincere form of flattery, but Craven has already expressed the view that that's demeaning. Back to you c.i.
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Reply Mon 23 Dec, 2002 08:40 pm
roger, Your post was a suggestion? ;( c.i.
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Mon 23 Dec, 2002 09:08 pm
Well, Craven has drawn two diagrams suggesting his ear as a destination for the tongues of A2K'ers - however, I assume this is only a suggestion for the female members.......

http://www.able2know.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=37351&highlight=#37351

I AM KIDDING, RIGHT!!!!!

(.....and I am SURE Craven is too.......~;> ) )

Now - for Jespah - hmmmmm, I am sure she is modest and likely to be embarrassed by effusiveness - as, in all seriousness, I believe Craven is, also...well embarrassed by effusiveness, anyway.... so, perhaps the best thanks is to make it a civilised, informative, intellectually stimulating, fun, friendly and witty site?
0 Replies

sozobe

Reply Mon 23 Dec, 2002 09:24 pm
There's always Amazon.com, money-wise -- if there's something you want, why not order it through the A2K link? (I did that for my book shopping this year, but they have a LOT of different things.)
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Reply Mon 23 Dec, 2002 09:28 pm
sozobe, The "what" is what needs answers. Got any ideas you'd like to share? c.i.
0 Replies

HumsTheBird

Reply Tue 31 Dec, 2002 02:31 am
My Suggestion:
Some of us users on another site, similar to this one, all decided -- as I think is a good idea here, too -- to assist in paying for the expenses involved with the site.

Call it a donation, call it whatever, it's well worth considering sending Jespah and Craven, and others who created and maintain the site, a pot o'gold. Well, something close, anyway.

Really, they deserve SOMEthing that's useful to THEM.

I'd be willing to make a contribution of some sort to a group donation of good vibes.
0 Replies

roger

Reply Tue 31 Dec, 2002 03:06 am
I'm for it HTM, but Craven isn't. I don't really relate to his reasoning on this one, but it's a personal thing. There is one thing we can do, and without cost. If we go to the Control Panel and cruise to the bottom of it, there is an Amazon button. Any orders placed through this site generates a small commission dedicated to moderator compensation, though not to defray costs of maintaining the site. Aside from the obvious spirtual compensation, that's it.

Since I seem to be spending the a.m. responding mostly to HumsTheBird- a belated Welcome to a2k
0 Replies

HumsTheBird

Reply Tue 31 Dec, 2002 03:16 am
So Funny, roger:
So funny, roger, thanks.

Yeah, I noticed the Amazon links and will remember to use them/one with next purchase.

Thanks for your welcome. It's still the middle of my evening, having just woken up about twelve hours ago and finished with the second viewing last night of the last three Episodes of "The Sopranos".

So, I've only a few hours ago started some work; and spent all that time not working, by the way.
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Tue 31 Dec, 2002 06:01 am
I think we can best thank them by using this site as it was intended. Aside from that I believe simple thanks is about all most of us can offer. If it were a pay site I would willingly subscribe, but they don't want that. What else is there to do?
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Reply Tue 31 Dec, 2002 11:44 am
Hi All, It seems it's a very tough one to come up with anything we can agree with. Having worked as a manager during most of my professional career, the primary task for managers is to keep the troops motivated. Even managers love to get the recognition of "a job well done." We also learned that it doen't need to have any monetary cost for the recognition to be valuable to the recepient. A pat on the back with "thank you for all your hard work" from the 'boss' is the recognition most workers appreciate. How about it? c.i.
0 Replies

husker

Reply Tue 31 Dec, 2002 11:49 am
You are right C.I. lots of appreciation for the hardwork that's been done here.
0 Replies

Lash Goth

Reply Tue 31 Dec, 2002 12:32 pm
Craven, jespah et al who contributed to this incredible gift.

Sincere thanks. This is, indeed, a prize.
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Tue 31 Dec, 2002 07:12 pm
Every day is like Christmas having such a gift. I am truly grateful.
0 Replies

chatoyant

Reply Tue 31 Dec, 2002 08:02 pm
This is the best information (etc.) site I've ever seen. Craven and Jespah have done an awesome job designing it and getting it up and running. I believe eventually it will become one of the most popular sites on the web.

Thank you Craven and Jespah, for all your hard work.

And thank you to the all moderators and forum guides, who keep A2K running smoothly. You are all heroes in my eyes.
0 Replies

jespah

Reply Tue 31 Dec, 2002 08:07 pm
Golly. Thank ya'll. Embarrassed

And please, say it with Amazon orders, if you must say it financially. A donation is a nice idea, but the last thing we want is Internal Revenue getting interested.

We really appreciate the back-pats and kind words. They mean a lot to me and to Craven.

<<<<huggages lasting into the new year!>>>>
0 Replies

BillW

Reply Tue 31 Dec, 2002 08:17 pm
Gees, another obession and I am very greatful!
0 Replies

timberlandko

Reply Tue 31 Dec, 2002 09:58 pm
Perhaps an effective, acceptable thanks would be to invite freinds to the site ... to spread the word, and help it grow. This enterprise will surely fare less well if it becomes a "Closed Club" with but a few active participants. Just a thought.

timber
0 Replies

jespah

Reply Wed 1 Jan, 2003 07:23 am
Yes, timber, that would be excellent. Please invite people to A2K. Share the love! :-D
0 Replies

New Haven

Reply Sat 8 Mar, 2003 06:59 am
Good idea!

Share the love.
0 Replies