Commonly, are all construction workers kept on the construction site until finished?

Reply Wed 8 Jan, 2014 02:19 pm
Are all construction workers who are even assigned different jobs, kept working on site until the whole construction project is finished?

Ragman

Reply Wed 8 Jan, 2014 03:11 pm
@Equestrianforlife7xo,
There's no way anyone here can tell you that answer.
0 Replies

Butrflynet

Reply Wed 8 Jan, 2014 03:23 pm
@Equestrianforlife7xo,
I would say no, they are not kept there for the entire project. Each trade comes in as their part of the project is ready to be worked on and then leaves.

If the foundation diggers stayed around and electricians stayed around while the plumbers worked, and if the foundation guys, electricians and plumbers stuck around while the painters worked, it would get very crowded with little room to do the work.

They all come and go as each phase of the project is completed. That's the role of the general contractor, to coordinate all the different tradespeople so they aren't working on top of each other.
ehBeth

Reply Wed 8 Jan, 2014 03:31 pm
@Butrflynet,
Butrflynet is right. Each group of workers is usually on-site only for their component of a project.

A friend of mine is a site manager. Her job includes scheduling teams of workers/tradespeople in and out of sites as their skills are needed.
0 Replies

Lustig Andrei

Reply Wed 8 Jan, 2014 03:31 pm
B-net is quite right. Each worker has his/her job to do and they come and leave as their job is completed. The expense of keeping a union trades person on-site until the project is completed would be astronomically prohibitive. After all, they're all paid hourly wages.
0 Replies

Equestrianforlife7xo

Reply Wed 8 Jan, 2014 03:38 pm
Well, to any of you in particular who were/are involved in my previous question regarding that construction worker, I am going tomorrow to see him...hope to GOD he is still there! I haven't seen him in a while where I'd normally see him from afar after school. 😕
0 Replies

Equestrianforlife7xo

Reply Wed 8 Jan, 2014 03:39 pm
@Equestrianforlife7xo,
Wouldn't a guy in a bobcat be needed for the entire project??
ehBeth

Reply Wed 8 Jan, 2014 03:44 pm
@Equestrianforlife7xo,
Once they're in building construction v site preparation there isn't much call for a bobcat operator. There might be circumstances where they might need a bobcat again, but no guarantees it would be the same operator.
Equestrianforlife7xo

Reply Wed 8 Jan, 2014 03:50 pm
@ehBeth,
That is awful. Pray for me that he's still present tomorrow?
ehBeth

Reply Wed 8 Jan, 2014 03:54 pm
@Equestrianforlife7xo,
Well, I'm not much on praying, but I will hope that you see him and are able to speak to him.
Equestrianforlife7xo

Reply Wed 8 Jan, 2014 03:55 pm
@ehBeth,
Thank you.
0 Replies

Equestrianforlife7xo

Reply Wed 8 Jan, 2014 04:16 pm
@ehBeth,
I'd hate to sound like a drama queen, but I just balled my eyes out in case of upholding suggestion is a fact and he's not there tomorrow. Hope to God he is still there. But I now feel like an idiot for not getting myself down earlier when I should have, instead of relying/depending on my friend this whole time.
ehBeth

Reply Wed 8 Jan, 2014 04:24 pm
@Equestrianforlife7xo,
You first spotted him in September/October.

A lot could have happened in his life since then.

Your earlier thread reminds me of a friend who met a guy she liked at a party we went to and couldn't decide if she wanted to go out with him when he called. She waited so long to decide that he had time to meet other women, date a couple of them and marry one of them. I felt bad for her, but I had to laugh when she told me she'd decided she'd like to date him after all.

(I'm not suggesting the bobcat operator is married now, but trying to meet someone you spotted in the early autumn ... in the winter ... that's a long time for their life to have gone on)
Equestrianforlife7xo

Reply Wed 8 Jan, 2014 05:31 pm
@ehBeth,
You're absolutely right. The last time we both saw each other was end of November, the day prior to thanksgiving, so December wasn't in too long. January hasn't started too long ago either. Just trying to think positive, but sure you have got a point.
Butrflynet

Reply Wed 8 Jan, 2014 06:44 pm
@Equestrianforlife7xo,
Which is why, in your other thread, I suggested the possibility of his not remembering you. You saw him and only him. From his point of view, he probably saw hundreds of teenage girls out there on the track during the days he was working.

Equestrianforlife7xo

Reply Wed 8 Jan, 2014 07:08 pm
@Butrflynet,
Oh no, I myself without a doubt, stood out bold and clear to him. Prior to myself walking the track, beforehand the whole gym class outside(including the people who also played in the field) was told to jog around, the day would determine the amount of laps. Anyways, on our way entering the track after someone unlocked the gate, we would all be standing in a clutter and he would be nearby in the vicinity that he was normally always in(bittersweet reminiscing about this, feels like it was just yesterday) he would be watching keeping an eye out and he'd spot me jogging... Until after I'd be doing my normal routine of walking and that was our time.
0 Replies

bobsal u1553115

Reply Thu 9 Jan, 2014 05:42 am
@Equestrianforlife7xo,
No.
Equestrianforlife7xo

Reply Thu 9 Jan, 2014 07:30 am
@bobsal u1553115,
It's a shame. I have seen a lot of dirt piles left. Are you a construction worker?
0 Replies

Equestrianforlife7xo

Reply Thu 9 Jan, 2014 01:02 pm
20-30 minutes to go... Wish me luck. Hopefully he is there.
0 Replies

Equestrianforlife7xo

Reply Thu 9 Jan, 2014 08:20 pm
We went, he was not there. This past week starting on Monday, I have not seen the bobcat and himself from afar after school as I normally would. But granted prior to this week was the 2 weeks I had off from school, so I wouldn't know what happened then. My friend thinks its possible that he might have a vacation/time off, it is a private building company with the name and everything. Or he might be told to take a break due to the weather conditions, such as the cold being a factor, the dirt piles being too frozen to do any maneuvering. She knows quite a few construction companies well so she does have some knowledge. But anyone think that's also a possible factor as to why I have not seen him this past week/why he wasn't there today?
0 Replies