A Serious Request. Please Take A Moment To View This

Reply Tue 7 Jan, 2014 01:34 pm
My son is 31 and has non tractable seizure disorder. He can't work because he could have a seizure at any moment. He's 31 and like a lot of people with this condition he also has impaired cognitive function so he'll never drive, probably never be married, never hold down a job of any sort and of course even if he does they deduct a great deal of it from his SSI payments. Without medicaid he would be dead, no question about that. He and many like him deserve a chance. Please click on this link and sign the petition. There are positive studies and results concerning this therapy. thanks
http://www.change.org/petitions/north-carolina-stop-prosecuting-patients-make-medical-marijuana-legal?share_id=SUFNYGNuXd&utm_campaign=autopublish&utm_medium=facebook&utm_source=share_petition

edgarblythe

Reply Tue 7 Jan, 2014 02:24 pm
Done
0 Replies

Finn dAbuzz

Reply Tue 7 Jan, 2014 05:02 pm
@blueveinedthrobber,
Done.

Has he ever had the opportunity to try it (say in Colorado where it's legal)?

How is it supposed to address his particular condition? Lessen the intensity of the seizures, keep them further apart?
OmSigDAVID

Reply Tue 7 Jan, 2014 05:09 pm
@blueveinedthrobber,
blueveinedthrobber wrote:
My son is 31 and has non tractable seizure disorder. He can't work because he could have a seizure at any moment. He's 31 and like a lot of people with this condition he also has impaired cognitive function so he'll never drive, probably never be married, never hold down a job of any sort and of course even if he does they deduct a great deal of it from his SSI payments. Without medicaid he would be dead, no question about that. He and many like him deserve a chance. Please click on this link and sign the petition. There are positive studies and results concerning this therapy. thanks
http://www.change.org/petitions/north-carolina-stop-prosecuting-patients-make-medical-marijuana-legal?share_id=SUFNYGNuXd&utm_campaign=autopublish&utm_medium=facebook&utm_source=share_petition
I 'm glad to have had the opportunity to sign a pro-freedom petition.
I wish u a lot of GOOD LUCK with your son.

David
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Tue 7 Jan, 2014 05:27 pm
Done
0 Replies

Ragman

Reply Tue 7 Jan, 2014 07:07 pm
@blueveinedthrobber,
done and thanks.
0 Replies

blueveinedthrobber

Reply Tue 7 Jan, 2014 07:23 pm
@Finn dAbuzz,
they say that in his case where he has 8 to 10 a month it could relieve them altogether.
ossobuco

Reply Tue 7 Jan, 2014 07:25 pm
@blueveinedthrobber,
bvt has been talking about moving over a while, but that's not easy.
blueveinedthrobber

Reply Tue 7 Jan, 2014 07:42 pm
@ossobuco,
I'm afraid to go to the West coast now because of the radioactivity from Japan. It's a serious problem and not a joke or a tin foil hat thing. I guess I'll just stay in NC and hope we vote out the scumbags. On the other hand, Florida is considering legalizing medical marijuana and I can live with that climate. In addition there are many places a musician and dj can get work there.
wmwcjr

Reply Tue 7 Jan, 2014 07:53 pm
@blueveinedthrobber,
Done.
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Tue 7 Jan, 2014 07:55 pm
@blueveinedthrobber,
Listening.
0 Replies

jcboy

Reply Tue 7 Jan, 2014 07:57 pm
@blueveinedthrobber,
Me too Mister!
0 Replies

Finn dAbuzz

Reply Wed 8 Jan, 2014 05:13 pm
@blueveinedthrobber,
Wow.

I've no animus, at all, against ganga and believe it should be legalized, but that seems to be a hefty claim.

I appreciate that there are all sorts of considerations involved, but if the promise is that dramatic, maybe he should move to Colorado.

Is that a possibility?
0 Replies

Finn dAbuzz

Reply Wed 8 Jan, 2014 05:18 pm
@blueveinedthrobber,
I asked my question before reading this post.

Whether or not the radiation from Japan is a paranoid delusion, it's hard to imagine how it's risk might overwhelm the possibilty of a dramatic effect upon your son.

NC is well down on the list of states that will legalize marijuana. Vote out McCrory & Company but you won't be voting in legal pot.

Lustig Andrei

Reply Wed 8 Jan, 2014 05:54 pm
Signed, sealed and delivered.
0 Replies

blueveinedthrobber

Reply Wed 8 Jan, 2014 07:14 pm
@Finn dAbuzz,
Really? Paranoid delusion?
http://breastcancer.answers.com/causes/fukushima-fallout-caused-birth-defects-in-the-united-states
http://healthyliving.msn.com/blogs/daily-apple-blog-post?post=7e99ec99-b07c-4784-937c-b71c94fa6788

http://www.counterpunch.org/2013/11/19/fukushima-fallout-damaged-the-thyroids-of-california-babies/
ossobuco

Reply Wed 8 Jan, 2014 07:32 pm
@blueveinedthrobber,
I posted a scary article a month or two ago, in butrfly's earthquake thread - I'll see if I can find it. Not so much about rads, but about big changes on the ocean floor. Immense debris. (I get it that that is the way of it.) My uncle was a freighter captain, uncle and my father fished often in the Pacific and california rivers, all this long ago, a century ago, or close to it. Makes me sad.

On the rads long term effects, I'm no expert, but listening.
0 Replies

Ceili

Reply Wed 8 Jan, 2014 11:41 pm
Signed it.
0 Replies

hawkeye10

Reply Thu 9 Jan, 2014 12:10 am
@blueveinedthrobber,
Quote:
I'm afraid to go to the West coast now because of the radioactivity from Japan.
you will be dead soon enough anyway, that is not a reason. You are a rocker for fucks sake, you remember "live hard and die young"? Quality of life counts as much or more than getting more birthdays.

The kid will be better off smoking legal dope, so come on out to Washington.
0 Replies

blueveinedthrobber

Reply Thu 9 Jan, 2014 08:51 am
sorry hawkeye, I don't want him to trade seizures for cancer. squinney is also 15 years my junior so there's other considerations.