Anime Love, Help Please...

DanB114

Reply Thu 2 Jan, 2014 06:12 pm
I have debated for a long time about posting this online but now i feel like i must. I think i am in love with a character from an anime movie. I know, weird right. It's Arrietty from Hiromasa Yonebayashi's Studio Ghibli production 'The Secret World Of Arrietty'. (I will post a link to IMDb at the end). I first saw the movie in mid 2011 when an English dubbed version was released and that's when i first felt it.

I'm not going to lie, it freaked me the hell out (the feelings, not the movie in general). Since then i must have seen that movie a hundred times. I don't think I've ever gone a week without watching that movie. Overall i am a fan of the Studio Ghibli movies, it think they are pure art, but this is a whole other level. I can't understand why I am having these feelings for an anime character who doesn't even exist in the real world.

I printed out small screenshots of her from the movie that i keep in my wallet. I often look at them when i fell depressed, lonely or stressed and i find simply looking at her calms me down. I listen to the soundtrack 'Arrietty's song' as it reminds me of her (I will link it).

Does anyone know why someone would be so in love with a fictional character? Does anyone else on this forum know this feeling, has anyone else here felt it? Ladies, would you be weirded-out by a guy who has experienced this?

IMDb - http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1568921/
Arrietty's Song - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NVYj8eqAWhg

Plus, if you want to watch an English Dub of this movie, i recommend the UK dub much, much more than the US dub.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 2 • Views: 1,231 • Replies: 4

PUNKEY

Reply Thu 2 Jan, 2014 06:21 pm
Oh Love, you DO need to get out more . . .
0 Replies

Lustig Andrei

Reply Thu 2 Jan, 2014 07:31 pm
@DanB114,
Seek help.
0 Replies

jespah

Reply Thu 2 Jan, 2014 07:38 pm
@DanB114,
Learn to write fan fiction.
0 Replies

cherrie

Reply Thu 2 Jan, 2014 10:46 pm
@DanB114,
DanB114 wrote:

Ladies, would you be weirded-out by a guy who has experienced this?

I would actually think that it's a little bit sad, and that you really need to get out and meet some real people.
0 Replies