Introducing first luxury, four seater, hardtop convertable!!

Reply Fri 16 Apr, 2004 01:40 am
For pictures and more information, click here.

It's a real beaut of a luxury car.

And best of all, you press a button and the whole roof folds into the trunk turning the car into a convertable.

But the roof is metal and when up, you can't tell the difference between this and any other luxury car. In fact, the roof even has a sun roof!!

I think it's the first of it's kind (a car with a hard roof that can fold away into convertable) thats can comfortably seat four people.

All this for around $30,000
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 2,010 • Replies: 5
No top replies

farmerman

Reply Fri 16 Apr, 2004 05:31 am
wow, all that copy for what is basically a hohum car. I think it looks like a 2002 Chrysler Sebring that got put through a table saw. Ive noticed the Parallel evolution of German and Chrysler cars now. The new Chrysler 300 looks almost as "tanklike" as the Mercedes Maybach. Same choices of colors, silver gray, and not silver gray.
0 Replies

Ed Toner

Reply Sun 25 Apr, 2004 12:52 pm
It's a very crowded field. The Daimler Chrysler Crossfire is in the showrooms now, and I looked one over. Very attractive car and price IMO.
0 Replies

farmerman

Reply Sun 25 Apr, 2004 03:55 pm
I saw one the other day . It seems to be a well appointed car. Whats the sticker?
0 Replies

billy falcon

Reply Sun 23 May, 2004 07:05 pm
We have a convertible that can seat two six-footers in the back seat, if the front seats are not all the way back. The trunk holds 3-4 good sized suitcases.
I'm referring to our 1995 VW Cabrio.

Don't believe me? Walk through a lot and see how manufacturers of larger convertibles - don't really mean for two adults to be in the back seats.

How can a Cabrio do that? Well it grew out of the design of the Rabbit and the Golf. My ancient recall is that sometime around the development of the VW Rabbit, VW highered a design firm in Milano, Italy to design a Rabbit that was ergonomically sound. I believe the car held average sized passengers in the back. What was done?

The Milano firm lowered the back floor and squared the rear roof. These innovations allowed the rear passengers to extend` their feet, not out, but downward.

The contrast to the Rabbit design was the
Chevette and the Horizon. If you got into the rear seat
of those small cars, your knees would be close to your chin and you'd be sitting on your tail bone.

These influences carried through to our 95 Cabrio. (Which, incidentaly, has 91,000 miles and look pretty close to showroom.)
0 Replies

Jarlaxle

Reply Sun 23 May, 2004 07:15 pm
My mother had an Omni (clone of the Horizion), & it would accomodate adults in back. It had plenty of headroom for even a 6' passenger.

The 2-door versions (like my Charger), with their smaller seats & sleeker fastback styling, however, had rear seats best suited to either children or groceries.

Not to mention being a blast to drive in Shelby trim. Smile
0 Replies