MUSIC FOR YOUR FUNERAL

Finn dAbuzz

Reply Sat 4 Jan, 2014 03:52 pm
@izzythepush,
If you say so izzy
izzythepush

Reply Sat 4 Jan, 2014 04:32 pm
@Finn dAbuzz,
Thanks Finn, that was a good response, nice and brief. Quite pithy even. It makes a pleasant change. Normally they're a bit longer, and deal with matters that are about two weeks old, and it's a real effort to give a ****. Now I don't have to bother because you haven't.

Thanks, I mean it. Have a happy new year, and try to drink some mulled cider tomorrow. You should appreciate wassailing.
0 Replies

Ticomaya

Reply Sat 4 Jan, 2014 04:35 pm
@Germlat,
Germlat wrote:
Does that mean a Costa Rican with Mayan lineage?

Sure. With a trapeze background.
glitterbag

Reply Sat 4 Jan, 2014 11:40 pm
@Ticomaya,
After a great deal of thought, I think I want Homer & Jethro's "16 tons" and then Spike Jones version of "the Tennessee Waltz". I'm not sure who i have to pay, but when it gets to the part that sounds like "Didely dee", I want my body hoisted up from the waist and mouth the words. However, since they glue your mouth shut, I'll have to rethink this. More later.
farmerman

Reply Mon 6 Jan, 2014 08:51 am
@glitterbag,
I was thinking of being set adrift on a burning sailboat wreck. (Like a Viking ). However, its against all environmental rules and Id need to get a "fireworks or burning spectacle barge" license and the boat itself could not be allowed to burn to the waterline without serious repercussions.
Wow, Pennsylvany's thought of everything. Think I need to be set adrift in the Bay of Fundy, Canadians would support that , especially if I ponied up several truckloads a beer.
0 Replies

Lordyaswas

Reply Mon 6 Jan, 2014 09:47 am
I was reading an article some time ago where a dying man asked for Frank Sinatra's "My Way" to be played at his funeral as his coffin disappeared behind the curtain in the crematorium chapel.
When the time came, his wife duly arranged this with the organist/funeral DJ, and handed him her husband's "Rat Pack" CD for the use of at the apprpriate time during the service.
The organist played various twiddly bits during the ceremony and everything was going well, and at the relevant signal from the vicar, he pressed "play" on the pre-cued CD, the coffin started rolling and Dean Martin kicked in with "You little ol' wine drinker you".
0 Replies

Ragman

Reply Mon 6 Jan, 2014 10:07 am
@farmerman,
I will ask that they play my music LOUDLY as I might be a bit far away and the flames might be drowning out the sound too.
farmerman

Reply Mon 6 Jan, 2014 01:06 pm
@Ragman,
Or, you may be in a physical "limbo" waiting to install a consciousness into a new entity.
Lotsa research about that goin on now.
Ragman

Reply Tue 7 Jan, 2014 08:55 am
@farmerman,
What music do they play while in limbo. Is Chubby Checker hearing it now (Let's Limbo Some More) . Wait, maybe Zombie Jamboree by Belafonte?
Ticomaya

Reply Tue 7 Jan, 2014 01:51 pm
@Ragman,
Ragman wrote:
What music do they play while in limbo. Is Chubby Checker hearing it now (Let's Limbo Some More) . Wait, maybe Zombie Jamboree by Belafonte?

Close ...

0 Replies

glitterbag

Reply Tue 7 Jan, 2014 02:51 pm
@farmerman,
farmerman wrote:

Louis Prima wrote sing sing sing as a vocal. Benny Goodman did it as an orchestral jazz piece with Gene Krupa being the one most peple recall

My dad loved big band. He had everything Goodman ever did on those old breakable 78 rpm. I love Prima's and Goodman's versions, and nobody played better than Krupa.

Maybe I'll play Prima's "That old black magic"!
0 Replies

Miller

Reply Tue 7 Jan, 2014 03:37 pm
My favorite music has always been Gospel, New Orleans Jazz, and of course, 1920s blues and slow, slow jazz.

I don't think that I'll be able to have any of the above types of music at my funeral, however, since I doubt that I'll be able to find a Rabbi willing to have this type of music played in a Temple.

I could be wrong, but you never know...Wink
0 Replies

tsarstepan

Reply Wed 8 Jan, 2014 08:41 pm
Another option for my own funeral:
0 Replies