MUSIC FOR YOUR FUNERAL

izzythepush

Reply Mon 30 Dec, 2013 04:46 am
@Ticomaya,
I thought you ran a business selling Mexican tea.
farmerman

Reply Mon 30 Dec, 2013 05:04 am
@Finn dAbuzz,
As I said up front. There is no "Right" answer to this request. There is a flip side corollary that states that there is also NO WRONG ANSWER.

If I choose to have some lighter music Im sure that I can fit it in there if Im given enough time to "orchestrate it"

My feelings were initiated from a recent funeral tht was all fiull of self aggrandixing "bullshit music".
Cmon, Cat Stevens singing "Freedom"?

Maybe I should let it to my wife but I know shed have a bunch of Tony Bennet and Im not a big fan.
SO far my list includes

WARREN ZEVON-Think of me once and a while

Bach's Sonata in G minor for Violin and Harpsichord (Allegro A)

Dave Brubecks;Over the Rainbow.

John Denver (I am the Egle) and (Calypso)

Ed Strauss "Bahn Frei Polka" -Recessional

And Im going to ask that -in lieu of flowers, please donate to the NCSE
izzythepush

Reply Mon 30 Dec, 2013 05:19 am
@farmerman,
Some people feel a need to impose their views on others, everything's wrong unless it gets the Finn seal of approval. No doubt John Cleese's speech would get tuts of disapproval.
farmerman

Reply Mon 30 Dec, 2013 05:52 am
@izzythepush,
I find the John Cleese eulogy a big pus bag of terrible bad taste. Its perfect
0 Replies

chai2

Reply Mon 30 Dec, 2013 08:14 am
@ehBeth,
ehBeth wrote:

It didn't work out so well. Every time one of the "happy" songs started there would be huge outbursts of tears and wails. It was horrific.

Yeah, that's what I'm looking for, wailing and gnashing of teeth at my departure. A funeral that will be remembered, not one of those funerals you go to that you vaguely remember someone said something. If it takes an inappropriate "happy" song to bring that out, so be it.

Jesus, God forbid people show strong emotion at a funeral.

I'm not looking to have a funeral anyway, so it feels strange to pick songs out.

Here's a good one though....

0 Replies

Ticomaya

Reply Mon 30 Dec, 2013 09:21 am
@izzythepush,
izzythepush wrote:
I thought you ran a business selling Mexican tea.

I will neither admit nor deny that.
izzythepush

Reply Mon 30 Dec, 2013 09:26 am
@Ticomaya,
Can't be very good tea then.
0 Replies

farmerman

Reply Mon 30 Dec, 2013 09:34 am
@izzythepush,
Hes looking to establish plausible deniability , hes not ashamed of his product.
0 Replies

glitterbag

Reply Mon 30 Dec, 2013 01:17 pm
@farmerman,
farmerman wrote:

chick music alright. Might as well play Enya records. O course , theres no right answer (except for my funeral)

Maybe Gene Krupas "SING SING SING"

Didn't Louis Prima do that as well?
tsarstepan

Reply Mon 30 Dec, 2013 01:25 pm
One of the songs for my own funeral:
0 Replies

Finn dAbuzz

Reply Mon 30 Dec, 2013 10:23 pm
@farmerman,
Hey, I don't really care if you arrange to have Spike Jones blasted at your funeral.

I didn't say your answer is wrong, I said I wouldn't do it.

If you want to take it as personal criticism, I can't stop you.

farmerman

Reply Tue 31 Dec, 2013 04:42 am
@Finn dAbuzz,
feel better? good.
You seem to be the only one who wants to dispute the very basis of my thread. Have at me if it floats yer boat. You know that Ill respond.
0 Replies

izzythepush

Reply Tue 31 Dec, 2013 04:57 am
@Finn dAbuzz,
Finn dAbuzz wrote:

I didn't say your answer is wrong, I said I wouldn't do it.

Nonsense Finn your post was sanctimoniously critical, suggesting the only way was your way.

Finn wrote:
Unlike Doc Holliday, I find nothing funny about death and I'm not prepared to line up a comedy revue for my funeral.

You funeral, ultimately, is for those left behind, and I doubt they will want to laugh.

Stop pretending otherwise it's very childish. I imagine a lot of people at your funeral will feel an overwhelming sense of relief.
Pamela Rosa

Reply Tue 31 Dec, 2013 06:12 am
chai2

Reply Tue 31 Dec, 2013 08:02 am
@Pamela Rosa,
Hey Pamela R, here's a funeral song from me to you!

izzythepush

Reply Tue 31 Dec, 2013 09:49 am
@chai2,
Here's another.
chai2

Reply Tue 31 Dec, 2013 09:58 am
@izzythepush,
Here's another one...

Steve Biko

On 18 August 1977, Biko was arrested at a police roadblock under the Terrorism Act No 83 of 1967 and interrogated by officers of the Port Elizabeth security police including Harold Snyman and Gideon Nieuwoudt. This interrogation took place in the Police Room 619 of the Sanlam Building in Port Elizabeth. The interrogation lasted twenty-two hours and included torture and beatings resulting in a coma.[17] He suffered a major head injury while in police custody at the Walmer Police Station, in a suburb of Port Elizabeth, and was chained to a window grille for a day.
On 11 September 1977, police loaded him in the back of a Land Rover, naked and restrained in manacles, and began the 1100 km drive to Pretoria to take him to a prison with hospital facilities. He was nearly dead owing to the previous injuries.[20] He died shortly after arrival at the Pretoria prison, on 12 September. The police claimed his death was the result of an extended hunger strike, but an autopsy revealed multiple bruises and abrasions and that he ultimately succumbed to a brain hemorrhage from the massive injuries to the head,[17] which many saw as strong evidence that he had been brutally clubbed by his captors. Then Donald Woods, a journalist, editor and close friend of Biko's, along with Helen Zille, later leader of the Democratic Alliance political party, exposed the truth behind Biko's death.[21][better source needed]
Because of his high profile, news of Biko's death spread quickly, opening many eyes around the world to the brutality of the apartheid regime. His funeral was attended by over 10,000 people, including numerous ambassadors and other diplomats from the United States and Western Europe. The liberal white South African journalist Donald Woods, a personal friend of Biko, photographed his injuries in the morgue. Woods was later forced to flee South Africa for England. Donald Woods later campaigned against apartheid and further publicised Biko's life and death, writing many newspaper articles and authoring the book, Biko, which was later turned into the film Cry Freedom.[22] Speaking at a National Party conference following the news of Biko's death then–minister of police, Jimmy Kruger said, "I am not glad and I am not sorry about Mr. Biko. It leaves me cold (Dit laat my koud). I can say nothing to you ... Any person who dies ... I shall also be sorry if I die."
After a 15-day inquest in 1978, a magistrate judge found there was not enough evidence to charge the officers with murder because there were no eyewitnesses.[23][24] On 2 February 1978, based on the evidence given at the inquest, the attorney general of the Eastern Cape stated he would not prosecute.[25] On 28 July 1979, the attorney for Biko's family announced that the South African government would pay them $78,000 in compensation for Biko's death.[24]
On 7 October 2003, the South African justice ministry announced that the five policemen accused of killing Biko would not be prosecuted because the time limit for prosecution had elapsed and because of insufficient evidence.[23]
The Truth and Reconciliation Commission, which was created following the end of minority rule and the apartheid system, reported that five former members of the South African security forces who had admitted to killing Biko were applying for amnesty. Their application was rejected in 1999.[23]
farmerman

Reply Tue 31 Dec, 2013 10:31 am
@glitterbag,
Louis Prima wrote sing sing sing as a vocal. Benny Goodman did it as an orchestral jazz piece with Gene Krupa being the one most peple recall
Germlat

Reply Tue 31 Dec, 2013 10:54 am
@Ticomaya,
Does that mean a Costa Rican with Mayan lineage?
izzythepush

Reply Tue 31 Dec, 2013 11:29 am
@chai2,
And another.
0 Replies