NBA Playoffs begin saturday! Who's gonna take it all?

Child of the Light

Reply Mon 19 Apr, 2004 08:28 pm
kickycan wrote:
I never played organized b-ball, but I play every week at a court nearby, and I've done so for a long time. I love it. How about you, Child?

By far my favorite sport to play, I've been out of the game for about a year, but next week are the tryouts and I'm gonna, well, tryout.
0 Replies

Child of the Light

Reply Mon 19 Apr, 2004 08:30 pm
Gus,
Hah at everything you said. Laughing

Basketball is the sport that takes the most skill to be good at, and you and I both know girls have no skill at sports.
0 Replies

patiodog

Reply Mon 19 Apr, 2004 08:37 pm
Hey, now, don't you be talking about my girlfriend like that...
http://www.wnba.com/media/storm/lauren_jackson_030621_rw_170x245.jpg
0 Replies

Child of the Light

Reply Mon 19 Apr, 2004 08:41 pm
Maybe Sue Bird has skills, but not that Aussie.
0 Replies

patiodog

Reply Mon 19 Apr, 2004 08:45 pm
Have you seen her play? Great touch around the basket, if you know what I mean. (Seriously, though, she's savvy in the post. No, really...)
0 Replies

Child of the Light

Reply Mon 19 Apr, 2004 08:50 pm
patiodog wrote:
Have you seen her play? Great touch around the basket, if you know what I mean. (Seriously, though, she's savvy in the post. No, really...)

Hah, that makes me laugh Laughing . That is my strength as a player, I have Vlade Divac like athleticism and Kareem touch around the basket, along with Larry Bird awareness.
0 Replies

patiodog

Reply Mon 19 Apr, 2004 08:55 pm
Huh. Must be rough, having those skills at 4'10".

I had range out to about 27 feet. Didn't mean I'd make it, but I'd damn well shoot it. But I was good for five hard fouls a game.
0 Replies

Child of the Light

Reply Mon 19 Apr, 2004 09:02 pm
Hah, I love those hardnose players. I'm actually 6'4 or 6'5, so I've got decent height. But my secret weapon...The Hook, I swear to God I had a cult following the last year I played. People started chants of "Hook, Hook, Hook" in the stands. I played good fundamental basketball, and people found it amusing. But luckily I polished my game playing street ball in the schoolyard, I was usually the only white kid, and usually one of the best players. I'm going to show up to tryouts with the Stockton nut-huggers, and a ABA headband. Laughing
0 Replies

patiodog

Reply Tue 20 Apr, 2004 05:59 am
Don't forget to lace up your Chucks.
0 Replies

Child of the Light

Reply Tue 20 Apr, 2004 02:35 pm
patiodog wrote:
Don't forget to lace up your Chucks.

Sadly I don't have any, but I'm gonna wear some Run DMC Adidas.
0 Replies

patiodog

Reply Tue 20 Apr, 2004 04:12 pm
Sweet. Very sweet. I'd send you my lucky pumpkin-orange thigh-high game-day-shootaround socks, but I've misplaced them over the years.
0 Replies

Child of the Light

Reply Tue 20 Apr, 2004 08:30 pm
patiodog wrote:
Sweet. Very sweet. I'd send you my lucky pumpkin-orange thigh-high game-day-shootaround socks, but I've misplaced them over the years.

Laughing Hah. I've searched, God how I've searched for Chucks. But I can never find size 15 hightops. Sad
0 Replies

kickycan

Reply Tue 20 Apr, 2004 11:03 pm
Hate to interrupt, but the Kings/Mavs game is kick-ass right now. Check it out!
0 Replies

Region Philbis

Reply Wed 21 Apr, 2004 07:00 am
kings won 83-79 -- that's some east-coast-grind-it-out playoff action out west.
what happened to the 136-132 layup drills they usually do?
0 Replies

Child of the Light

Reply Wed 21 Apr, 2004 07:23 am
kickycan wrote:
Hate to interrupt, but the Kings/Mavs game is kick-ass right now. Check it out!

I really wish the Mavs had someone outside of Dirk playing worth a ****. Evil or Very Mad

EDIT:If Michael Finley, Steve Nash, Jamison, and Walker don't get there crap together...They will find themselves tradebait. Evil or Very Mad
0 Replies

jazzy1

Reply Wed 21 Apr, 2004 02:02 pm
lakers all the way
Nobody can stop the lakers from takeing it back to la. Cool
0 Replies

Child of the Light

Reply Wed 21 Apr, 2004 02:13 pm
Re: lakers all the way
jazzy1 wrote:
Nobody can stop the lakers from takeing it back to la. Cool

Hah! Yes, nothing can stop a starting lineup consisting of 2 skeletons, a rapist, a fat monster, and a revolving door huh?
0 Replies

Dartagnan

Reply Wed 21 Apr, 2004 03:25 pm
Gee, I was enjoying everyone's memories of playing the game. As for me, I was a small forward at the intramural level at a small, liberal arts college. In other words, 6' tall with a fairly good shot from the corner...

I still wear Chuck Taylor's, but, alas, my playing days are over.
0 Replies

Child of the Light

Reply Wed 21 Apr, 2004 03:33 pm
Refined the shot in the driveway huh? I know the type of player you were, I say feed it to me in the post and you say "What's the post? You do know you get more points for 3's don't you?" Laughing
0 Replies

Dartagnan

Reply Wed 21 Apr, 2004 04:32 pm
We didn't even 3's then, Child...But yeah, it was shoot first, pass later. Learned the game at a park near my house. We loved to play so much that we shoveled snow off the court in the winter to play half-court!
0 Replies