Is Master Chef Junior the best reality competition show ever?

Reply Thu 19 Dec, 2013 05:55 pm

The plethora of really competition shows existing outside of Master Chef Junior exist to make its contestants look like utter idiots and buffoons. They highlight the worst of humanity and its viewers take pride in its cheesy nastiness. That bile of TV programming me sick to my stomach and the thought of its trashy nonsense gives me a headache.

MasterChef Junior Is Coming Back
http://www.vulture.com/2013/12/master-chef-junior-is-coming-back.html
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 2 • Views: 1,647 • Replies: 4
No top replies

ossobuco

Reply Thu 19 Dec, 2013 06:53 pm
@tsarstepan,
So why are you pumping this stuff?
tsarstepan

Reply Thu 19 Dec, 2013 07:01 pm
@ossobuco,
You misread. I'm claiming that Master Chef Junior has none of that crap that 90+% of those other shows own with a vengeance. I guess you have never seen that particular show then.
ossobuco

Reply Thu 19 Dec, 2013 07:18 pm
@tsarstepan,
No, and I guess I misinterpreted.

I don't have a tv and when I did, didn't watch cooking shows, more than a few times. Much less garden shows. They aggravate me too much. Not that I am against new design, I often like real new design, I'm just against idiocy. I haven't watched those garden episodes in years, they may have improved.

As you know, because of old computer, I can no longer do videos by you tube, though I can do the guardian videos.

Meantime I'm giving some of my great cooking books to Habitat. Kills me, but a good cause.
If you want any of them, speak up, just give me a clue of your interests - postage and lag time required.

One of my problems is some bunch of them are worth real moolah. I can't sell them on something like amazon as I can't zip back and forth to the post office. Also, being on food stamps, I can't earn more money. (I need to check that, re selling possessions as income).

I'll give an a2ker I know well, and approve in my way, one of the good ones if asked, plus postage. Not guararnteed approval.
0 Replies

Roberta

Reply Fri 20 Dec, 2013 08:12 am
tsar, The show is OK. Not great. I'm always concerned about parent pressure when kids at very young ages perform at a high level. I also found the kids kind of annoying. I find a lot of people annoying--at any age.
0 Replies