He's alive! He's alive!

Reply Mon 16 Dec, 2013 01:00 pm
It may be a holiday miracle.
Sunday night's Christmas-themed installment of "Family Guy" saw the return of the much-beloved canine Brian Griffin, resurrected from the dead following his demise in a November episode of Fox's long-running animated series.
In "Christmas Guy," a distraught Stewie, still reeling from the loss of his pet and friend, runs into another version of himself from a different timeline. He ends up using that Stewie's time machine to travel back and prevent Brian's fatal car collision, seen in the Nov. 25 episode "The Life of Brian."
There was a significant amount of fan outcry following what seemed like Brian's permanent exit from the show. A Change.Org petition generated over 128,000 signatures to bring the character back to life.
Fans had also voiced their upset over the immediate introduction of a new Griffin family dog, Vinny, voiced by "The Sopranos" actor Tony Sirico. Vinny appeared to serve as a replacement for Brian, who has been a major character on "Family Guy" since the series first made its debut in 1999.
But now, it looks like Brian is back and here to stay. As one of the show's seventh season episodes tell us, not all dogs to heaven.
© 2013 CBS Interactive Inc. All Rights Reserved.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 7 • Views: 1,857 • Replies: 6
No top replies

farmerman

Reply Mon 16 Dec, 2013 01:58 pm
@edgarblythe,
Itd be neat if Brian would start dating women and liking martinis.
dlowan

Reply Mon 16 Dec, 2013 02:29 pm
@farmerman,
He is risen!
0 Replies

BillRM

Reply Mon 16 Dec, 2013 05:06 pm
@edgarblythe,
Thank god he is back..........
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Mon 16 Dec, 2013 05:20 pm
Brian was the most human character on the show.
0 Replies

izzythepush

Reply Tue 17 Dec, 2013 12:50 pm
Without wishing to hijack the thread, there's also a petition to bring back Ripper Street that was axed after only two 6 parters. I won't include a link but it's easy enough to find on google.

0 Replies

jcboy

Reply Fri 24 Jul, 2015 03:50 pm
I'm satisfied that after making fun of Liam Neeson in Family Guy and then having him be in that terrible western movie (even saying 1 of the lines fake Neeson said in the cartoon), Seth MacFarlane finally had real Liam Neeson voice himself in Family Guy. The circle is now complete. I also just realized it was an entire episode without Brian, Chris, or Meg. I wonder if this show will make it 20+ seasons like Simpsons and South Park. I'm saying... doubtful. Cool
0 Replies