izzythepush

Reply Fri 13 Dec, 2013 07:06 pm
I got "As British as Kevin Costner’s Robin Hood."

I'm well pissed off.
0 Replies

spikepipsqueak

Reply Fri 13 Dec, 2013 08:10 pm
@tsarstepan,
These people think there are only Brits and Yanks in the whole world.

Fun nevertheless.

Evidently, I'm an American.
chai2

Reply Fri 13 Dec, 2013 08:23 pm
Probably American.

http://s3-ak.buzzfeed.com/static/2013-12/enhanced/webdr03/10/12/enhanced-buzz-24948-1386695415-33.jpg
ossobuco

Reply Fri 13 Dec, 2013 08:27 pm
@spikepipsqueak,
Who are these people?

Certainly the questionaire is by dolts playing around.
0 Replies

neologist

Reply Fri 13 Dec, 2013 10:59 pm
@chai2,
Yeah.
Me too.
chai2 wrote:
Probably American.

http://s3-ak.buzzfeed.com/static/2013-12/enhanced/webdr03/10/12/enhanced-buzz-24948-1386695415-33.jpg
Mame

Reply Sat 14 Dec, 2013 12:32 am
Well, I got: You got: As British as Stephen Fry walking a corgi outside
You’re awkward. You’re easily embarrassed. You’re sickeningly polite. You’re as British as they come!

but I'm going to go back and do it as a Canadian and see what the results will be. Certainly not British since I don't do tea Smile

Well, this is what I got the second time:

You got: Probably American
Seriously. Check your passport.
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Sat 14 Dec, 2013 12:43 am
I'm the only one here, far as I know, who has been owned by a corgi.

Be quiet, or I'll post photos.
tsarstepan

Reply Sat 14 Dec, 2013 01:07 am
@ossobuco,
Well since you know how highly I rate corgis respective to other breeds, I don't see:
Quote:
Be quiet, or I'll post photos.

... as an unwelcomed threat but a promise for future good things. Since this quiz has deemed me a Brit with a fondness for walking dogs. Bring on the corgi pics! Very Happy
0 Replies

chai2

Reply Sat 14 Dec, 2013 07:37 am
@neologist,
neologist wrote:

Yeah.
Me too.
chai2 wrote:
Probably American.

Did you choose Orange Juice as your beverage?

I think that's what tipped the balance for me. Laughing
0 Replies

chai2

Reply Sat 14 Dec, 2013 07:39 am
Here is a picture of a corgi puppy holding a leaf in its mouth.

To quote Boida......<thud>

http://gatopintadoequine.com/puppy1.jpg
Walter Hinteler

Reply Sat 14 Dec, 2013 08:01 am
@vonny,
vonny wrote:
I think Builders Breakfast is tea? We certainly have English Breakfast
There are flavoured crisps called "Builders Brekfast", but generally a builders breakfast is a "full English breakfast".

(In Germany, a builders breakfast would include a Bildzeitung (tabloid), a roll with builders jam ["Mett", a preparation of minced raw pork] and a bottle of beer.)
izzythepush

Reply Sat 14 Dec, 2013 08:14 am
@Walter Hinteler,
Builder's Breakfast, as well as being a packet of crisps, would refer to a really strong cup of tea.
izzythepush

Reply Sat 14 Dec, 2013 08:17 am
@izzythepush,
And another bloody thing, I've yet to meet anyone who considers themselves principally to be British. I don't, I'm English, not Welsh or Scottish, nor a blend of all three.
Foofie

Reply Sat 14 Dec, 2013 10:54 am
@izzythepush,
izzythepush wrote:

And another bloody thing, I've yet to meet anyone who considers themselves principally to be British. I don't, I'm English, not Welsh or Scottish, nor a blend of all three.

In my opinion, you are making the same mistake that an Israeli of Ashkenazi, or Sephardic, or native origin (Sabra) makes, when the entire world thinks of Israelis as "just Jews." So, since many Americans, I believe, do not know where Wales is on the map, they just lump everyone from the British Isles into the moniker British.

Only Sherlock Holmes and Watson are known to be English.

By the way, where did I hear that the Royals are of German ancestry? The name Windsor used to be some German name?
izzythepush

Reply Sat 14 Dec, 2013 11:04 am
@Foofie,
Three countries, three national football teams. There's only one Israeli national football team.

You're just showing your ignorance. You have no idea what the entire world thinks, just what goes on in your parochial cranium.
Foofie

Reply Sat 14 Dec, 2013 04:02 pm
@izzythepush,
izzythepush wrote:

Three countries, three national football teams. There's only one Israeli national football team.

You're just showing your ignorance. You have no idea what the entire world thinks, just what goes on in your parochial cranium.

One Queen; one country. How many seats at the U.N. does Britain have?

My ignorance is nothing to be concerned about, since many Americans do not care what is going on across the pond. Sort of like when the younger President Bush walked ahead of the Queen, when going down some stairs. Ignorance based on the fact that the two countries have different histories, different cultures. Only one superpower though. When you need an ally in war, the Brits come hat in hand, I believe.
Roberta

Reply Sat 14 Dec, 2013 04:09 pm
@chai2,
chai2 wrote:

Here is a picture of a corgi puppy holding a leaf in its mouth.

To quote Boida......<thud>

http://gatopintadoequine.com/puppy1.jpg

Chai quoted me! I'm ecstatic. I'm euphoric. I'm honored. And I'm in total agreement. One big-time thud-worthy puppy.
0 Replies

Walter Hinteler

Reply Sat 14 Dec, 2013 04:12 pm
@Foofie,
Foofie wrote:
One Queen; one country. How many seats at the U.N. does Britain have?
Roosevelt agreed only that Russia get three seats: Soviet Union, Belarus and Ukraine.
However, the UK got in a way even more than three seats with Canada, Australia and India present. And India wasn't even an independent country at that point.
0 Replies

izzythepush

Reply Sat 14 Dec, 2013 04:22 pm
@Foofie,
Oh dear, resorting to WW2 again how pathetic. Yet how predictable. You get more like BillRM every day.
Foofie

Reply Sat 14 Dec, 2013 05:02 pm
@izzythepush,
izzythepush wrote:

Oh dear, resorting to WW2 again how pathetic. Yet how predictable. You get more like BillRM every day.

"Oh dear"? Have you been reading Alice In Wonderland?
0 Replies