CHILD SUPPORT ISSUES

Nikjay

Reply Tue 3 Dec, 2013 12:11 pm
I filed for child support on 09/24/2013 and my first court date was 10/23/13. My daughters father got his wife to file for support on 10/01/2013 and they had a court date on 10/13/13. The first thing is I can't understand how they got a court date before mines and I filed first. The other problem is I'm trying to figure out if my daughters support is going to be cut because he is now paying support out to his wife for their 2 kids. They live in the same household and I would think that's fraud. Does anybody know how this situation is handled?
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 1 • Views: 952 • Replies: 3
No top replies

roger

Reply Tue 3 Dec, 2013 04:14 pm
@Nikjay,
Are the present wife's children also his children? That might be a consideration, though it sounds kind of unusual for a current wife without a separation agreement to be claiming child support.

Can't tell you if your support could be cut, but if it comes down to garnishment of wages, there is a limit to how much can be garnished.

Don't you have a lawyer that knows these situations? If you don't, you really, really need one.
Nikjay

Reply Wed 4 Dec, 2013 09:42 am
@roger,
They are his children but my child is the oldest. They are married and living together. The only reason they filled is to bring his income back into their household and my daughter to get less money when we go to court. I don't have a lawyer yet but I'm really thinking about getting one.
roger

Reply Wed 4 Dec, 2013 03:06 pm
@Nikjay,
You need a lawyer desparately.
0 Replies